Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

“Wash the Pain Away!” Reduce healing to allies by 50%. Additionnally, increase area of first pulse to 240, up from 180; increase second pulse to 360, up from 240.

Bring Geomancer’s Training and Elemental Shielding at the same trait tier to force a choice between one or the other.

Split Cleric Amulet in a four stat amulet.

1050 power 1050 healing 560 precision 560 thoughness.

And I am not here just for nerfs.

1. Reduce the recharge of Overloads to 15 seconds, down from 20.
2. Increase the protection duration from Hardy Conduit to 5 seconds, up from 3.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

no

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

we already have mender’s, dude

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

This is ArenaNet, the only way they know how to nerf is by power creeping everything else.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

This is ArenaNet, the only way they know how to balance is by power creeping everything else or more likely hitting it with a sledge hammer.

fixed it for ya

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Could the OP at least explain why he want these nerfs? I’m at a loss.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

He dislikes eles being bunker/support. He prefers going glass.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Ah.

Sounds pretty petty of him.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

What do you think kept the revenants alive during the finals?

Alerie Despins

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

So?

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

So?

Maybe they are overperforming?

Alerie Despins

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Ah.

Well that’s the short reason, gathered through his threads.
The longer one is
He worries that all ele nerfs and lack of buffs to Scepter FA is a consequence of the effectiveness of bunker Eles. That’s not entirely unreasonable but requesting a general nerf to all builds because of that isn’t reasonable. It’s better to check where and why bunker ele over performs and nerf that while buffing other builds to be closer to the original.
Well he does have a tendency to not review things from a broader perspective…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

So?

You’re defining overperforming as being the healer in a group. I don’t think that’s necessarily true, especially if the healer can be bursted and the healer can’t burst back.

I think support ele is fine. I believe a better definition of overperformance might be rev, given that most teams ran two of them.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

You are right about this one. Not that this is a real problem.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

So?

You’re defining overperforming as being the healer in a group. I don’t think that’s necessarily true, especially if the healer can be bursted and the healer can’t burst back.

I think support ele is fine. I believe a better definition of overperformance might be rev, given that most teams ran two of them.

They ran two because they scale well with external healing/cleansing. And they had practiced rev during the last season.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Ah.

The longer one is
He worries that all ele nerfs and lack of buffs to Scepter FA is a consequence of the effectiveness of bunker Eles. That’s not entirely unreasonable but requesting a general nerf to all builds because of that isn’t reasonable. It’s better to check where and why bunker ele over performs and nerf that while buffing other builds to be closer to the original.

I think bunker/support ele does so well because it covers one glaring weakness ele has (low hp, low armor) while providing valuable support to its team through healing and auras. A glass ele is too much of a liability in pro league. I get that some eles might want more variety in their choices, but right now we got at least 3 classes that aren’t being played in pro league (warrior, guard, thf) that need attention, and one class that is being stacked (revs). Seems like these are bigger priorities than nerfing bunker/support ele which might be the only viable build in pro leagues for that class.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Ah.

The longer one is

What’s more hopeless is the OP thinking that nerfing viable builds will make anet decide to buff UP builds…after 3 years of anet balance, you’re either blind or too naive to think that way, the oevrnerfed on arcane skills way back in 2012 should clearly show that anet doesn’t want eles to play a burst role….EVER

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

I think bunker/support ele does so well because it covers one glaring weakness ele has (low hp, low armor) while providing valuable support to its team through healing and auras. A glass ele is too much of a liability in pro league. I get that some eles might want more variety in their choices, but right now we got at least 3 classes that aren’t being played in pro league (warrior, guard, thf) that need attention, and one class that is being stacked (revs).

Revs got stacked for two reasons.
1. They scale well with bunker eles
2. They were used during the last meta, therefore required less time to practice.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

no

+1 the first changes are excellent but clerics doesn’t need changing

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Ah.

The longer one is

What’s more hopeless is the OP thinking that nerfing viable builds will make anet decide to buff UP builds…after 3 years of anet balance, you’re either blind or too naive to think that way, the oevrnerfed on arcane skills way back in 2012 should clearly show that anet doesn’t want eles to play a burst role….EVER

Arcane utilities are all instant, significative damage. Of course it was tuned down.

Alerie Despins

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

So?

I think we both saw the Nos’ Reaper getting 1v1’ed by the cleric ele at far on Forest game against R55. Now, this build vs build is going to be balance defining to say that “Elementalists are doing fine against Reaper”, when it is so far from the truth, unless going specifically Focus, and auramancer.

Alerie Despins

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Ah.

The longer one is

I do not review things on broader perspective, yet, manages to guess Abjured comp perfectly. I told that cleric d/f auramancer were going to be meta. Told that revenants are the strongest things in the current meta; that they outperform thieves, which is why Toker currently does not play them.

One part about Revenant that is so good is the Rez trait.

For Revenant, here is the list of changes.

Surge of the Mists: Now breaks only one stack of stability per target. Evade Frame removed.

Warding Rift: Now applies 3 seconds of weakness instead of blind.

Radiant Revival: No longers increases revive speed.

Chaotic Release: Cancelling the cast or interruption no longers refund energy and puts the skill on cooldown.

Jade Wind: Cancelling the cast or interruption no longers refund energy and puts the skill on cooldown. Cooldown increased to 45 seconds cooldown.

Riposting Shadow: Now has a 5 seconds cooldown. Additionnally, endurance gain has been reduced to 25, down from 50.

Alerie Despins

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Ah.

The longer one is

I do not review things on broader perspective, yet, manages to guess Abjured comp perfectly. I told that cleric d/f auramancer were going to be meta. Told that revenants are the strongest things in the current meta; that they outperform thieves, which is why Toker currently does not play them.

Surge of the Mists: Now breaks only one stack of stability per target. Evade Frame removed.

Chaotic Release: Cancelling the cast or interruption no longers refund energy and puts the skill on cooldown.

Jade Wind: Cancelling the cast or interruption no longers refund energy and puts the skill on cooldown. Cooldown increased to 45 seconds cooldown.

Riposting Shadow: Now has a 5 seconds cooldown. Additionnally, endurance gain has been reduced to 25, down from 50.

You really shouldn’t attempt to balance something that you do not play…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

You really shouldn’t attempt to balance something that you do not play…

So he shouldn’t try to balance anything except Ele then?

45 second CD for Jade Winds seems totally fair :^)
It’s not like it has a 50 energy cost and doesn’t have a Facet to off-set its big cooldown like Chaotic Release!

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I think bunker/support ele does so well because it covers one glaring weakness ele has (low hp, low armor) while providing valuable support to its team through healing and auras. A glass ele is too much of a liability in pro league. I get that some eles might want more variety in their choices, but right now we got at least 3 classes that aren’t being played in pro league (warrior, guard, thf) that need attention, and one class that is being stacked (revs).

Revs got stacked for two reasons.
1. They scale well with bunker eles
2. They were used during the last meta, therefore required less time to practice.

One reason:
1. They are overpowered.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Infernaeus.8473

Infernaeus.8473

So?

I think we both saw the Nos’ Reaper getting 1v1’ed by the cleric ele at far on Forest game against R55. Now, this build vs build is going to be balance defining to say that “Elementalists are doing fine against Reaper”, when it is so far from the truth, unless going specifically Focus, and auramancer.

We also saw Wakkey on the very same build lose to Oracle’s Necro in a 1v1 on Temple as well..

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

So?

We also saw Wakkey on the very same build lose to Oracle’s Necro in a 1v1 on Temple as well..

They actually weren’t the same build. Wakey was running powerful auras while the R55 dragon’s ele was using cleansing water which makes a massive difference in that matchup. With powerful auras you give out more auras so more healing, regen, vigor, and protection, but you lose a lot of cleansing so the 1v1 against condi necro isn’t really feasible.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Infernaeus.8473

Infernaeus.8473

So?

They actually weren’t the same build. Wakey was running powerful auras while the R55 dragon’s ele was using cleansing water which makes a massive difference in that matchup. With powerful auras you give out more auras so more healing, regen, vigor, and protection, but you lose a lot of cleansing so the 1v1 against condi necro isn’t really feasible.

Oh got it. Didn’t really get to see the traits as I came in a bit late to the final. But yeah the condi removal from cleansing water would definitely be superior in that matchup.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Already nerfed. Let’s keep working build while asking for buffing others ELE role. If not, Ele could become the next MESMER. NERFED all viable build of a class, to let it rot for years before it got buff.

Asked to buff what is not working. Asking to nerfed something that work, reduced the number of working build.

So, let’s made more working build, not destroying all that work.

Cleric ELE is pure SUPPORT. If you die on it, you are clearly BAD. MOVE ALONG.

Elementalist
Diamond Skin: This trait now removes conditions when you are struck while above the health threshold. The health threshold has been reduced from 90% to 75%. This effect has a 1-second internal cooldown.
Churning Earth: Reduced the casting time of this skill from 3.25 seconds to 2 seconds.
Auras: The durations of all skill-activated auras have been reduced to 4 seconds.
Powerful Aura: The durations of auras this trait applies have been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
Elemental Bastion: The duration of the frost aura this trait applies has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
Unstable Conduit: The durations of each aura applied by this trait have been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
Fire Shield: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 25 seconds.
Rock Barrier: Reduced the aftercast delay of this skill by 0.6 seconds.
Rock Barrier—Hurl: The damage of the rocks thrown has been increased by 10%.
Shatterstone: Reduced the time for this skill to explode from 2 seconds to 1 second. Increased the recharge from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
Gale: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 50 seconds to 40 seconds. This attack is now unblockable. The skill facts have been updated to correctly display the knockdown duration difference between PvP (1 second) and PvE (2 seconds).
Fresh Air: In addition to its current attunement recharge, this trait will now grant a ferocity bonus of up to 250 points (based on level) for 5 seconds when attuning to Air.
Lightning Rod: The attack that this trait produces will now trigger after a target has become disabled rather than simultaneously.
Tempest
Overload Earth: Fixed a bug that caused this overload to deliver extra protection per pulse rather than the intended 1 second per pulse. Fixed a bug that caused the lingering damage to follow the elementalist around after the overload had completed.
Lightning Orb: Updated the skill fact to indicate the correct damage per strike. Increased the launch radius for missiles from 300 to 360.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016

Amulets
Removed the Celestial Amulet.
Removed the Sentinel Amulet.
Removed the Settler Amulet.
Removed the Soldier Amulet.
Added four new PvP amulets:

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Ah.

The longer one is

I could sum these changes in a single sentence – hahaah

But i have better ones. Attunement swap cd increased to 50sec, if overload is interrupted cd is doubled.

You should realize by now that rev is energy oriented, not cooldown and anything with added cd’s will break him. At this point we would have to scrap whole energy system as double punishment is a no no.

I dont see any cd’s on thief wep skills..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

“Wash the Pain Away!” Reduce healing to allies by 50%.

I thought this was a spin-off of the reaper shout prediction joke before i realised what you meant xD

“Save myself!” – transfer all your conditions to allies

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

“Wash the Pain Away!” Reduce healing to allies by 50%. Additionnally, increase area of first pulse to 240, up from 180; increase second pulse to 360, up from 240.

Bring Geomancer’s Training and Elemental Shielding at the same trait tier to force a choice between one or the other.

Looks like you haven’t thought one second about those changes…

Wash the Pain away is actually a hard to use and impactful skill that doesn’t exist in other classes, why nerf it? To make the heal more or less like all the other heals? -.-°

And why make the AoE bigger? So it’s just another huge AoE-ability where you don’t have to think about positioning? I really don’t get it.

Also, geomancers training and elemental shielding are pretty much core-aspects of why the build works. Might as well just get rid of it if you make Ele’s choose between one of them. At least think about bringing other traits up to a useful strength, like increasing the stability-time on rock solid to at least 3 seconds.

I think there is a pretty easy and effective way to slightly tone down clerics-ele without killing it and to bring more offensive ele-builds up to a playable level: Make the heal-skills scale less with healing power, but start at a better baseline. Cut off 10% at the top and make it start at 10% better healing with 0 Healing Power.
Eles strength is very closely tied to it’s sustain and healing; it doesn’t have tons of evades, blocks, stealth and other stuff, so it relies heavily on having sustain. With the new amu’s, you have no real choice but to go Merc or Pala for offensive builds, since you desperately need the defensive stats.

Clerics amu only works cuz of the huge toughness and the ability to go for so many anti-condition traits, that the low healthpool isn’t as bad against conditions. It also relies heavily on the CD’s of the focus. If you take one of them away, the build is trash.

But the build has such a low DMG-output and can easily be countered with smart play, that it really doesn’t need a nerf at all.

*Edit: Of course bad players will whine like hell if they can’t kill the bunker build with 1 high-dps build or with 2 low-dps builds when they just spam skills on top of it without thinking about the ele’s CD’s, stunlocking, interrupting the right stuff etc.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Clerics and all amulets with lot of healing bonus have to go, thats all.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

^yeah remove amulets that existed forever and kill nice builds like bunekr guard because devs fail at class design and overtuned the whole kittening xpac
typical no brainer

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Clerics and all amulets with lot of healing bonus have to go, thats all.

30% of the population that like to play support, need to go, that’s all.

So… the 30% bruisers pop could feel good not being able to kill a bunker with condis?

What??? Yeah a REAPER (Silverthorn.8576 main necro) can’t kill an ele bunker support (on boons) so he want all support build to get delete instead of corrupt just before he need to burst it’s target on fear/chills.

GGWP

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuko.7132

Zuko.7132

tempest fulfills the role of healer/support very well that being said it offers nothing else. It can be bursted down. Standard build with aura share, reaper will kill it. In extended 1v1s with a good power rev or scraper it will lose. One thing it does is team support. Why can’t we allow it to do that well? Also alket them nerfing the one viable build ele has is not going to make your glass ele viable. And honestly as i said before it is a very balanced build and doesn’t deserve to be nerfed. It is okay to have bunk/healers.

The Elementalist Dual Dagger Legend – Rest in Peace

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

the problem is a good tempest will never put him in a situation of 1v1 and because he is a support he will go for team fight and bring insane sustain to his team.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

“Ele is the hardest class, it takes the most skill of any class!”
“Ele is bunker trash! NERF NERF NERF NERF ITS EASY MODE!”

Can you people make up your mind? Im so tired of all this community. So very tired…

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Looks like you haven’t thought one second about those changes…

Wash the Pain away is actually a hard to use and impactful skill that doesn’t exist in other classes, why nerf it? To make the heal more or less like all the other heals? -.-°

And why make the AoE bigger? So it’s just another huge AoE-ability where you don’t have to think about positioning? I really don’t get it.

Also, geomancers training and elemental shielding are pretty much core-aspects of why the build works. Might as well just get rid of it if you make Ele’s choose between one of them. At least think about bringing other traits up to a useful strength, like increasing the stability-time on rock solid to at least 3 seconds.

*Edit: Of course bad players will whine like hell if they can’t kill the bunker build with 1 high-dps build or with 2 low-dps builds when they just spam skills on top of it without thinking about the ele’s CD’s, stunlocking, interrupting the right stuff etc.

It’s good that you ask about the Wash the Pain Away. I did not put a context, which was there on another thread. It’s a compensation; reduce risk, lower reward. This is to reduce the binary aspect of Wash the Pain Away (0: very low heal ; 1: extremely high heal) Not every sort of elementalists have the luxury to have an invulnerability (focus 5, focus 4) to bypass the risk of going into melee. 50% reduction is radical; it would be 33%. But, in exchange you’ll have a slightly greater window to hit the first pulse, and a much better chance to hit that second one on more targets.

As for the Geomancer + Elemental Shielding, you’ll still have armor of earth at 50%, which is very good. My most optimistic plan with Earth is to do all that…
1) Move Strenght of Stones (10% of thoughness convert to condition damage) to Adept minor
2) Move Stone Flesh (150 tough on Earth) to baseline.
3) Move Elemental Shielding to Master Major in place of Strenght of Stones
4) Add Obsidian Flesh to Adept Major, which grants 290 thoughness and reduces condition damage received by 25% when channeling.

Same goes for Fire.
1)Empowering Flame (150 power on fire) to baseline.
2) Move Power Overwhelming (10% of power convert to condition damage) to adept minor
3) Combine Conjurer and One with Fire to either to master tier.
4) Add a trait to adept tier that causes Fire Aura to cleanse one damaging condition on aura application and increases condition damage by 5% and outgoing damage by 5% while affected by Fire Aura.
5) Create a new master tier to replace Power Overwhelming.

For air.
1) Zephyr’s Speed (25% MS while attuned to Air) to baseline
2) Soothing Wind, 10% of precision converted to healing power to adept minor.

Alerie Despins

Nerf Auramancer. Quick.

in PvP

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Cleric’s amulet should never get split or removed from the game. Healing is fine in this game, and in some cases could use buffs. Toughness is useless without Vitality as you still get hit for huge damage numbers even with high toughness.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus