Nerf ELE

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

This is ridiculous how over powered they are. Ele’s have been pretty op even before patch but with the new changes im about done with this game. This lastest big patch just feels like it had no real thought behind it. There is no balance Warrior run rampage and have a instant gib button ele just knock ppl out with ridiculous burst and sustain and have incredible survivability. I have been playing for 2 years but am honestly thinking about just walking away at this point there is no fun in spvp anymore for me due to the lack of competence in not knowing how to balance classes properly. As it is Anet in all their laziness has just disabled many skills and traits rather than fix them until the next patch god only know when that is. Never seen such lack of concern for keeping their game in motion especially with a big expansion in the near future.

/endrant

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Just play ele. Geez.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

specificate “ridiculous burst” please.

Especially when coupled with “incredible survivability.”, because this means Cele.

And if a cele burst is “ridiculous” I would be pretty curious about what do you think of mesmer’s burst.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

Na I am good if you can’t figure it out on your own then the door is right there. I don’t need to prove anything that isn’t already known and stated all over.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

Na I am good if you can’t figure it out on your own then the door is right there. I don’t need to prove anything that isn’t already known and stated all over.

If you knew it was stated all over…then post in those threads and quit taking up space with redundant threads.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

wow gg such logic -10/10

Tour

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

ele is fine, burn damage isn’t.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

If you eat the updraft burning speed flame grab combo and then stand in drakes breath and dont clense the condi you deserved to die. given burn is a bit too strong right now but come on its not like ele do much damage outside of that combo.

Also that “burst” takes 7-9 seconds for the full damage to take effect. You also get a huge tell when its coming watch the kittening atunments, oh their in air, they havent used updraft well thats prob coming, oh there it is [this is where you stunbreak or easily avoid the updraft by staying at 181+ range or evade right after the ride the lightning] and then you can kittening walk away from the burning speed that they prob pre queued and will just go in a straight line, or be safe and just kittening roll away or blink or block or inv or distort or blind immobilize or interrupt or blink … oh they are breathing fire time to evade backwards or through them or insert many of the above here and walk away from that. oh i have 4 burn stacks because i ate it like a boss, well maybe i should use one of those handy condi clears or a trait that removes burning or return condi..

Seriously ele are in a good place right now (if you consider their only effective build, being the same build for years, good…) but their “burst” is a L2P issue, or a poor build choice on your part. If you picked to go glass and broght no stunbreaks and condi clense you deserve to die to the “burst”

Oh I’d also like to add can easily beat most ele on my ranger right now MY kittenING RANGER, and that’s like my 4-5th class from the top of most played…. It’s because i know how to deal with the “burst”

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

(edited by OneKlicKill.4285)

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yes burn damage needs to be toned down on all classes not Ele alone.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not sure why on guard who deserves the highest, cele ele breaks the condition damage effiency too easy the threshold needs to be raised,condi war and engi are fine and necro has Wetfire.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Not sure why on guard who deserves the highest, cele ele breaks the condition damage effiency too easy the threshold needs to be raised,condi war and engi are fine and necro has Wetfire.

Not Flamethrower Engi? ;-)

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I haven’t seen FT in a while camping it instead of applying multiple conditions which engi does well is dumb same for goes for necro camping Wetfire.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

This is ridiculous how over powered they are. Ele’s have been pretty op even before patch but with the new changes im about done with this game. This lastest big patch just feels like it had no real thought behind it. There is no balance Warrior run rampage and have a instant gib button ele just knock ppl out with ridiculous burst and sustain and have incredible survivability. I have been playing for 2 years but am honestly thinking about just walking away at this point there is no fun in spvp anymore for me due to the lack of competence in not knowing how to balance classes properly. As it is Anet in all their laziness has just disabled many skills and traits rather than fix them until the next patch god only know when that is. Never seen such lack of concern for keeping their game in motion especially with a big expansion in the near future.

/endrant

I disagree, as a hammer/rifle warrior who uses rampage i can tell the skill level it takes for good eles to win fights. Today i ran threw many eles who couldnt even get me to use my elite skill. Just 2 days ago i had a staff ele beat me in a 1 vs 1 and i used rampage with immune to condi stance and i wasnt able to cap or beat this ele.

I truly dont know what you want if eles are such a problem for you. Im yet to beat a really good mesmer with my warrior with all there distortion/invulnerability/invisibility and etc. There are counter classes to the ele as well as bunker necros walking around who cant be killed but of course you rant about 2 things that need no changes.

If you want there condi dmg to be tone down go to the thread about burn dmg like everyone else.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Have you used flame thrower on a group with retal? You start to think about your life :P

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Have youused flame thrower on a group with retal? You start to think about your life :P

Have you tried and Ele’s AoE on a group where all have retal?

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

As someone whose mained ele since beta you’re over-reacting. Ele is not broken or OP, is it strong? yes. Why? because in SKILLED hands it can be a very great class. However I find very few skilled people can play ele right. So anet don’t listen to this guy ele is perfect right now (minus the whole nerf to fresh air builds).

The Sickest Guild NA

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Have you used flame thrower on a group with retal? You start to think about your life :P

Have you tried and Ele’s AoE on a group where all have retal?

Pretty sure a (5 hit) per second (25 if you hit 5) beats 1 aoe hit per second (5 hits max). Unless you’re on lightning auto attack or something. Retal will kill Engi faster on Flane Thrower than an Ele who uses his full rotation. I’m strictly spraking # of hits per second..

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

As someone whose mained ele since beta you’re over-reacting. Ele is not broken or OP, is it strong? yes. Why? because in SKILLED hands it can be a very great class. However I find very few skilled people can play ele right. So anet don’t listen to this guy ele is perfect right now (minus the whole nerf to fresh air builds).

Might want to not forget to mention to tone down burning across the board too.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

This is a terrible, terrible mindset.

“The class is OP but only >percentage< of the community can master it, so no nerf, the class is balanced.”

That statement is so wrong, I don’t know where to begin.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

This is a terrible, terrible mindset.

“The class is OP but only >percentage< of the community can master it, so no nerf, the class is balanced.”

That statement is so wrong, I don’t know where to begin.

Don’t worry ele can’t be that bad because they want to nerf mesmer too. After both are nerfed, I wonder who else will be nerfed. Maybe perhaps the necro and ranger?

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Be careful on nerfing burn across the board… Yes, some classes have ALOT of access to it like guardians and eles but if you nerf it across the board. Think of the classes that need to use it for supplemental damage like Dhuumfire necro / Condi ranger / Warrior.

Ele: CC+Good fire uptime
Guardian: Burst Fire Burning uptime
Engi: With balthazar runes, insane

The rest use it for additional damage and I would consider fine: Ranger (most run power anyway and since torch offhand radius was nerfed, you cant cover a point with it so it’s become irrelevant again), Dhuumfire necro (not even sure this is still a thing but still additional fire dmg – least offender of burning) , warrior uses it for support damage not a pure source of dmg like the top 3 guardian ele engi.

Just think about nerfing other condition specs into ground before just doing a global nerf please.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Ele is not fine even with a burning damage nerf, but it will definitely help. It’s their ability to stack might so high that makes them far over the top with celestial. The class turns into something that literally spams rotation to survive – the hardest part is probably swapping to “the right attunement” to fit the situation, but even if that’s messed up, the build is still incredibly forgiving, which with the damage available in game now is mind blowingly stupid to watch.

Nerf their ability to maintain so much might along with the justified nerf to burning and then they won’t be stupid tanky with high sustain that also does really high damage.

Honestly, I don’t believe that any class should be able to self stack max might. That should definitely be a team play mechanic, not a solo play mechanic, as that creates ridiculously strong classes like what we have now with celestiamentalists.

There really is so much more that needs nerfing other than ele, too. This game’s balance is just atrocious right now. :l

Nerf ELE

in PvP

OneKlicKill.4285

People need to just learn to boon steel, or corrupt boons at water. Oh hey you just stacked might, got protection, regen used your burst heal and condi clense? Well nows a GREAT time to take that all away while everything is on CD. People just don’t want to bring utilities or traits that might take away from their damage. So they just complain about other classes that don’t die to them.

Not like theirs a shortage of mesmers or necros right now…

A boon steal and burst drop right after water is a dead ele, hell even just dropping a good burst after water can be a dead ele.

You counter HP with high direct damage, you counter toughness with conditions, you counter evades/stealth/mobility with immobilize/weakness, sustain with burst and you counter boons with boon stripping… counters exist you just have to use them.

Also you counter Direct damage with prot/inv, conditions with condi clear, imob/weak with condi clear, sustain with poison and boon stripping with??? oh wait you cant counter that counter…

#gameishard

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

nah just condi is the problem…the rest is great…i want zerker builds to have their high damage for it actually relies on reaction and has the sacrifice of having low armor…conditions require loads less reaction and timing for its mostly aoe stuff that remains in place for it’s durations or untill hit and will deal damage over time as much or more then a zerker could with actuall self timed hits also having 3k armor on many condi builds is no problem to obtain, condition builds are hands the most easy to play and therefor should be less extreme in damage output….disagreeing is promoting unbalanced play and more about anyone’s ego then actually wanting to improve the game

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

No, not “just condi” is the problem. Of course you want to say “The rest is great” because it still supports celestial ele’s being imbalanced and literally the most forgiving thing to play that is also incredibly strong at the moment. They still burst VERY hard while retaining additional toughness AND healing to supply a lot of extra sustain which makes things like the burning they stack a layer that simply pushes the class well over the top. If you simply nerf burning too hard, this makes taking a condition damage amulet worthless for an ele while still keeping celestial strong due to the fact it still bursts pretty hard due to being able to max might alone and makes the desire of taking something like marauder or zerker amulet less tempting – making the game effectively more “stale”.

Also, I’m pretty sure a zerker ele doesn’t need a full 25 stacks of might to do massive damage. Let’s just say, for example, that they manage to stack 25 stacks of bloodlust which is 250 power, roughly 1/3rd of what you can get out of maxing might stacks.

That by itself is very high damage even without any might. And I can say that I’ve personally felt that from a zerker ele with 25 stacks of bloodlust as he literally charged through me and I went down in well under one second, and this was while using Marauder Amulet on Thief so you can’t try to pin it on me being at 11k health. I simply got hit by one small combo which resulted in 100%-0% in less than a second and that was that.

Let me say again, this was done without might stacked. To say that zerker eles need the ability to self stack 25 might in this patch is pretty much ludicrous and is literally transparent as you probably play cele and really enjoy being carried by something that is so obviously easy mode over powered.

All I’m thinking of is similarly to how sigil of battle got nerfed, perhaps with these damage values, might stacking from finishers could be considered in terms of stacking less might as well. Face it, you know something is really strong (if not TOO strong) when that’s the only thing people use, that thing being celestial on elementalist because it’s incredibly strong in literally every role it plays which does not support supposed “Build Diversity”. Even with those nerfs, it’s tankiness and sustain will survive and it would probably then fall more under a support category rather than “I’m S class in every category”.

I’m not saying nerf ONLY ele by all this either, as anything else with fire field finishers would be affected as well, but it’s one possible step in a direction of toning things down because obviously, the class (not to mention much more) is in need of such. And ele isn’t the ONLY class that needs toning down, if that needs to be said on top of all of that.

Going down instantaneously without any ability to actually react to it =/= counter play or any form of “balance” that you’re supposedly speaking in favor of. This includes mesmer shatter as well, I’ve seen the same crap happen there too. It’s sooo much fun to be unaware that a stealthed class is about to literally one shot you in roughly 0.2 seconds which is not nearly enough to time to even react at all outside of simply observing that you’re now down.

This patch is ridiculous at the moment and I really hope to see a lot of things get toned down (inb4 6 months later / “soon” / never), and I’d really enjoy seeing more than 95% of elementalists just playing celestial cheese. Because that’s what it is, a cheesy build and I’m going to say it again, it is not just burning that’s making it so stupidly strong. Burning is simply the icing to an already rich cake.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

OneKlicKill.4285

Let’s just say, for example, that they manage to stack 25 stacks of bloodlust which is 250 power, roughly 1/3rd of what you can get out of maxing might stacks.

First, who the hell runs bloodlust.. and a zerker ele, if you died to that as a thief you must have been at zero initiative and half hp, and steal on CD cause you can drop 11k hp and the lowest armor in the game in under the steal daze duration as a thief in this patch…

Also zerker ele doesnt might stack because they would die by the time they finish that rotation, 11k hp and the lowest armor is food for a bunker guardian….

Also celestial ele doesn’t have burst, if you eat the updraft burning speed flame-garb and stand in drakes breath, decide to walk in and out of the ring of fire maybe stand on that burning line for a bit as well, without condi cleansing you deserved to get “bursted” in that 5-10 seconds

This brings me back to my point you completely ignored, boon steal/corrupt/remove. It’s an l2p issue that people have refused to utilize since the start of this game. Burning is strong right now, the scaling is too good that celestial hits hard with it. but thats honestly it.

As a thief, do your job and burst right after water, you’ll get atleast prot/regen/might off your steal if not 2 of them. use their boons to your advantage its not that hard.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

I just played a match with a cele ele d/d with my SD engi the guy didn’t need to dodge a single time he had protection,regeneration,fury,might,vigor during the whole 1v1 and when his health dropped half he went water and was instantly healed and that happened everytime i dropped him half and eventually he won with full hp,….i mean cmon what’s the point of pvping right now when only mesmer and ele are viable. How is it possible that arenanet buffs the same and same classes all the time in the name of balance and build divergence that’s ridiculous.

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I just played a match with a cele ele d/d with my SD engi the guy didn’t need to dodge a single time he had protection,regeneration,fury,might,vigor during the whole 1v1 and when his health dropped half he went water and was instantly healed and that happened everytime i dropped him half and eventually he won with full hp,….i mean cmon what’s the point of pvping right now when only mesmer and ele are viable. How is it possible that arenanet buffs the same and same classes all the time in the name of balance and build divergence that’s ridiculous.

Sounds like you didn’t save your burst for AFTER they swapped out of water. And sounds like you’re annoyed a bruiser/ almost bunker spec is good at surviving a 1v1.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Nerf ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Let us try by nerfing celestial amulet by say 20%. And perhaps by toning down some of the burn duration on elementalist skills.

Scratch that, Cele is utterly broken and needs a massive nerf. Mesmer being OP does not justify this abomination of a class.

And after he goes out of water he can go to earth and be unable to get crit and gain 5 seconds of protection. Yay.

(edited by Chokolata.1870)