Nerf Putrid mark

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i usually don’t do this.. but.. does somebody need a waaambulance?

yes, there will always be skills that seem OP. then find ways to overcome them? surely that couldn’t be too hard. if you come back with saynig there IS no way to counter? thenw ell, you’ve lost the battle already. and you’ve lost the will to learn and win. if that’s the case, please don’t just blindly ask for nerfs….

if you ARE talking about the overall health of the game though, which i am seemingly unable to sense, then that’s a different story and i apologize.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I’m a proponent of making all powerful skills have clear and distinctive animations that reflect their potency. Having fight changing abilities that are less recognizable than an auto attack is part of the trouble with balance.

Ele and warrior are great examples of how powerful skill animations should look, but most classes either cast their most powerful abilities almost instantly or they lack an obvious casting animation.

Please don’t add any more particle animations. The sheer number in 8 vs 8 is already blinding to any melee class. The game needs far less animations, not more.

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

I’m a proponent of making all powerful skills have clear and distinctive animations that reflect their potency. Having fight changing abilities that are less recognizable than an auto attack is part of the trouble with balance.

Ele and warrior are great examples of how powerful skill animations should look, but most classes either cast their most powerful abilities almost instantly or they lack an obvious casting animation.

Please don’t add any more particle animations. The sheer number in 8 vs 8 is already blinding to any melee class. The game needs far less animations, not more.

I agree wholeheartedly, unfortunately this game runs on animations. (hence why Asura are at such an advantage) If they added castbars like the players want, there would be no need for the 4th of July fireworks display that is the particle effects.

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guys L2P for *

First go play necro and then tell me what is bad and what not. U are complaining abut everything , nerf this nerf than omg necro is killing me. Deal whith that , in next patch they will propably nerf burning and fear dmg , and i think its enough , if u are not able to kill necro durning team fight hmm u are just bad , low mobility , low acces to stability , low acces to stun breakers , low acces to escape skills.

Yeah so basicly i am looking on those topics and i se
-nerf burning
-nerf terror
-nerf heal
-nerf plague
-nerf wells
-nerf minions
-nerf marks
-nerf evrethin
-just delate necros from the game

WHAT?? NECRO IS KILLING OTHER CONDI SPECS? WHAT? MAN THATS NECROS ROLE !

If u are so smart that u are sending other condi class vs necro thats your problem , first lern basics of the game .

I am a mesmer necro is killing me , take null field ?
I am a engi necro is killing me , take elirir c or automate response??

Ppl are playing same build over and over and they dont think! U see condi class , man change traits/utilitis to counter this , its all about reflection , u cant use one build and kill everthing , there will be alwasy smt that will counter you . Yeah but its to hard to change right???

(edited by Forsaker.9213)

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

forsaker – why you dont play than engi anymore and you are back to necro now? cause they patched you the skill now or wtf you are talking bout?

automate response got nerfed and dont help vs necro – not even in 1v1 and elixer C? serious? 40 sec cd to convert all condis to boons which necro just need to corupt boon again?

sry to break your bubble but you can change complete team to counter necro and you will not counter the necros

even guardians, THE MOST BALANCED class how arenanet says, die in teamfights to this condicleave and are not even focused.

no its not your skill which skyrocket last patch and no its not all the players not playing necros which are bad now since last patch

(edited by Romek.4201)

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

did i ever said that necro is not op/broken?? Yes he is but complaining about thing that works good is just stupid and now good team need to adjust to the enemy team thats the thing that can win you game.

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

did i ever said that necro is not op/broken?? Yes he is but complaining about thing that works good is just stupid and now good team need to adjust to the enemy team thats the thing that can win you game.

Better tell me time, when necro wasnt broken/OP/UP xD

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

I agree wholeheartedly, unfortunately this game runs on animations. (hence why Asura are at such an advantage) If they added castbars like the players want, there would be no need for the 4th of July fireworks display that is the particle effects.

It doesnt need to be all flashy like blind grenade which entirely blocks MY (lol) sight.

But as i said it could be a 0.5 cue on the ground where its being cast or simply a distictive arm / sythe motion from the necro so you can actually tell which one is which (not that a distincitve motion would help with necros on foefire but yaaa)

Also at the guy who says we want all necro skills nerfed… No one wants that i`m happy that necro got some buffs and the game is getting some more viable comps. But im particularly unhappy with 2 OP skills wich is putrid mark and the instant shroudform fear (which can also be cast while stunned). Other than that maybe look at fear damage but i feel like necro should have good stuff! (like the wall <3)

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Pre-patch it tranfered all the condis. *Now, if we count blind, it only transfer 2 conditions. *I’d rather have the old version that transfer all conditions but blind instead of the current putrid mark.

genius.jpg

If you tried to transfer with a blind condition on you before, it would ‘miss’ and transfer nothing. Blind is a more worthy condition now that can’t be lost by melee’ing the air – because putrid mark transfers blind instead of being.. blinded – it’s a huge buff. An un-blindable condition transfer is really strong, just in a different way than flipping unlimited conditions.

It’s a nerf and a buff, added at the same time to keep the ability somewhat balanced, but head in the proper direction of being more reliable, but less all-or-nothing devastating.

It’s logical and well thought out when you look at all the changes together.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

1) Putrid was already nerfed this last patch. It transfers 3 condis off yourself per target hit. I believe it also just transfers 3 condis off allies now as well regardless of the number of targets hit but I haven’t gotten around to testing that yet. IMO this was a good change.

This is not true at all. Putrid mark was buffed substantially by making it TRANSFER blinds instead of blinds making it miss. This was the only change to putrid mark.

Sounds like someone is jumping on the OP bandwagon without checking his facts, or reading this thread.

Stuff goes here.

Nerf Putrid mark

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Engis are just bu??hurt necros reclaimed the condition-control throne.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363