Nerf ele healing seriously....

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

they can keep DS if they want just nerf that kitten aoe Healing they can throw out

its just pure BS especialy if there is 2 in 1 place.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Maybe you could run a power build?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I fail to see how power vs condi has anything to do with the subject of AoE healing.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They’ve already nerfed the ele to the ground by destroying the offensive lines. All that’s left is that boring bunker meta.

Yes, it is annoying to fight, just like a bunker guard, druid or chrono is: the solution isn’t to nerf tempest, but to make the other builds viable again.

They need to bring the old stability back.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Sure, nerf the healing. Give us some active damage mitigation (blocks or evades) AND improve our damage options in return.

And frankly, I’d rather that diamond skin is reworked rather than be left as is. A trait that is situationally OP but is useless outside of the narrow circumstance is a gimmick trait.

DS shouldn’t even have a health threshold, it should either be a constant passive or an on-swap effect.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I fail to see how power vs condi has anything to do with the subject of AoE healing.

Currently most eles with meta builds have no stability, do below average damage, have been forced into diamond skin trait with bunker mesmer with passive condi, reapers with dps/condi dmg and a 2nd life bar, and many classes who can easily 2 vs 1 eles in there current state.

Everyone on this forum literally wants to take away the 2 things making them even usable. There AOE heals/effects and diamond skin. Why dont we just take cele ammy too so absolutely no one can play ele.

I can beat a ele 1 vs 1 with my necro. My friend who mains druid/ranger can beat a ele 1 vs 1. So just from personal experience a ele can be beaten 1 vs 1 and you want to take away its only real use in team fights?

Every team in the ESL is running 1 ele for team fights only. Please lets take warrior/thief/ and ele. We dont need these classes.

Also my point about power was the ele now doesnt have enough healing for dps builds. If you can run 1 player with any ability to stun/knock down/fear/ etc etc etc and 1 person who can run a dps build without dying immediately , this wouldnt be a problem.

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

Tempest is not as strong as Mesmer atm. They do not use a cheap spam daze mechanics like Druid. Nerf Druid/Mesmer, then maybe we can talk about Tempest.

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Sure, nerf the healing. Give us some active damage mitigation (blocks or evades)

No no no no no we do not need more blocks and evade frames blinds or invulns, there is already way to much random evades on every class as is. Besides elementalist can already get a ridiculous protection uptime (that reduces 40% mind you) so you do not need any buffs to sustain or mitigation.

If healing/group support gets nerfed (which it should) then yes the offensive trait lines should get a bit of a buff. Then you would be able to ‘defend’ yourself by pressuring the opponent and making him go on the defensive, thus reducing the damage he deals to you. We do not need more mitigation skills, there are too many as is.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Tempest is not as strong as Mesmer atm. They do not use a cheap spam daze mechanics like Druid. Nerf Druid/Mesmer, then maybe we can talk about Tempest.

No instead tempast uses cheap aura spam and 40% mitigation protection spam with frost aura (another 10% mitigation), with brain dead aoe damage spam.

In truth almost every class elite specialization needs nefing tempast included.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

Cheap damage mitigation? Both Mesmer (null field) and Revenant can remove those boons. If you nerf shouts, Tempest will just go back to using cantrips again, yet Mesmer is already stronger as a bunker. Mesmer has everything an Elementalist has except they can rez downed teammates in 0.6 seconds and leave captured points whilst still guarding them (portal). If you have issues with a Tempest try power shiro rev or druid to spam daze them out of overloads.

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Ele is not a priority at all.

First bring revenant and scrapper in line, i’ve actually never seen anything as op as those 2 in any game. If GW2 was handled by riot, they would have been hotfixed in less than 4 days, how they can leave it like this for months is beyond me.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah tell that to backstab dealing literary 50 dmg to eles~
back to topic: i am ok with ele healing, i am not ok the way DS is implemented nor amount of defensives they have~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Hmmm… maybe give them a way to kill things before getting one shot without defensive traits/utilities?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

Tempest is pure cancer. They just spew protection and healing and further exacerbate this trash meta. Easily top 3 most problematic builds right now, alongside Revenant and Bunker Crono.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Sure, nerf the healing. Give us some active damage mitigation (blocks or evades)

No no no no no we do not need more blocks and evade frames blinds or invulns, there is already way to much random evades on every class as is. Besides elementalist can already get a ridiculous protection uptime (that reduces 40% mind you) so you do not need any buffs to sustain or mitigation.

If healing/group support gets nerfed (which it should) then yes the offensive trait lines should get a bit of a buff. Then you would be able to ‘defend’ yourself by pressuring the opponent and making him go on the defensive, thus reducing the damage he deals to you. We do not need more mitigation skills, there are too many as is.

You ever tried playing (pre-HoT) non cele D/D or (post-HoT) non auramancer builds? Eles don’t have good damage mitigation if you don’t play the bunker builds, and this diversity issue has always been covered up by specific builds which can just spam boons/heals to achieve sustain.

As a result, the elementalist class as a whole is being held back by the excessive healing. The devs can almost never do anything to buff the offensive builds because almost all buffs would make the bunker builds even more OP. So many posts asking for buffs to the weak parts of eles just get flamed to oblivion because "ELE HEALS OP GO AWAY YOU DON’T NEED BUFFS’.

I want to be able to play scepter, and be able to go into traitlines other than the tanky ones. Tune down the excessive healing, and give me tools that I can ACTIVELY use to prevent damage.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

like i have talked it 100times,
Just delete celestial from the game!

This game need to..
1. Delete celestial from game
2. bring back soloq
3. Always balance equally rather than only buff and nerf specific things to purposely set future’s expected meta.

Attachments:

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

like i talk it 100times,

The class cannot survive without celestial. You would just destroy the class.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

like i talk it 100times,

The class cannot survive without celestial. You would just destroy the class.

yeah. all cele build need to be destroyed for healthier game state.

there should be just proper dps/defense/support role but not hybrid role.

I would even say bunker is not in need. (assume bunker and support is different) No body want to watch un-killable in esports drama.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Ele is a much better focus target than Revenants, Engineers, and Mesmers. If you hit them with Power Rev/Scrapper & Reaper..

They get absolutely destroyed! It’s really great.

If Tempest took even a slight nerf before Mesmer, Rev, or Scrapper did, it’d be a myth like the other mythical professions who can’t measure up to the simultaneous survivability & pressure that others can.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

No instead tempast uses cheap aura spam and 40% mitigation protection spam with frost aura (another 10% mitigation), with brain dead aoe damage spam.

You forgot the 10% damage reduction of “Geomancer’s Defense” for a total of 60% damage reduction and condition immunity. #whatisbalance

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

You forgot the 10% damage reduction of “Geomancer’s Defense” for a total of 60% damage reduction and condition immunity. #whatisbalance

and i was wondering while i hit eles for half as much dmg then others 24/7

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

How about don’t nerf it, learn to play it, I’ve learned to play it in 1 week.. now I win most of the times, good luck!

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

nerf all other accounts except mine . ( i usually don’t play ele )

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

LordOtto:

It must be just me than… I spend some times trying to counter Tempest…. I have zero chance…. (this is fine for me Ele always hard-countered Guardians unless built specifically but I heard other profs have issues too…)

The removal/nerf of the celestial ammy is so far the best solution I’ve heard so far…

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

So the only viable build for the elementalist and tempest is a full defensive/support one and you guys still want to nerf it? How about buff the other ones so they can actually have something to choose besides earth/water/arcana and earth/water/tempest?

The profession have lots of heal? Yes. Also have lots of protection? Yes. But also don’t forget about the lowest HP pool,11k HP, and the lack of evades, blocks, immunity that other profession have.

So you ask to nerf the healing and protection. Now I’ll ask what you propose to compensate. What do you want a profession with the lowest HP pool, no way to avoid damage besides mitigation via protection, with a poor damage and that has to fully trait into defense to be able to survive to do? I guess the answer would be turn into a real condition bunker, because there will be nothing else.

How about buff eles so they can go into offensive without melting in 3 seconds? How about buff the damage so it can be a trade off from the high risk build? Right now can’t even use staff with fire and air traitlines which make it subpar.

Give more viable builds for eles and tempest and you won’t see a bunker support everywhere. There are players who likes damaging builds but can’t do that with the profession because isn’t viable.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

well since “bunker cele ele” is melting in 3 sec while spammed with CC … i don’t know how anet could make an offensive spec that doesn’t get OS .