Nerf engi

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

For the love of god nerf engi, its a joke how OP that class is.

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Good kittenpost, I r8 8/8.

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Good reasons and arguments! I’m sure we’ll see an engi nerf (again) because of this engaging and intelligent post!

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Sezz.3029

Sezz.3029

I agree with this! idk how can you defend the current state of scrapper. Full Zerk with perma stability, able to bunk on a node multiple ppl. And the insane dmg and cc they do it’s ridiculous.

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

Engies arent too bad, maybe a little heavy in the stability area and their stealth rez is pretty strong, dont think they need any major nerfs though

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

I agree with this! idk how can you defend the current state of scrapper. Full Zerk with perma stability, able to bunk on a node multiple ppl. And the insane dmg and cc they do it’s ridiculous.

And this right here is the typical person demanding nerfs. “Full Zerk” scrapper lol.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Scrapper is no longer most OP class, so tone down a bit. Yes, Scrapper can perma-reflect every projectile for hours and is practically unkillable to DH, Bow/Rifle warriors, Mesmers. Yes, Scrapper have no skill floor and require no skills to be played decently.
But, don’t rush with nerfs. Lets not make Scrapper new DH.
Instead of nerfing, it should be rebalanced and some of hammer’s skills should be reworked.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Sezz.3029

Sezz.3029

And this right here is the typical person demanding nerfs. “Full Zerk” scrapper lol.

I play my scrapper with marauder amulet… And i’m able to do all that while eating a sub.

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Engies arent too bad, maybe a little heavy in the stability area and their stealth rez is pretty strong, dont think they need any major nerfs though

I can agree with this for the most part. Tone the Stability down a little, and maybe increase Hammer 2’s CD a little and they’re mostly fine. Strong, but manageable.
Even their stealth rally can be countered, and the use of Stealth Gyro to rally means that they can’t use it to disengage for awhile either.

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Engi is usually run with marauder or paladin amulet, berserk maybe by 1%. Also stealth gyro doesnt offer invul, so the legendary pro players just cleave that spot. But i get the idea that this might be some majorly advanced tactic most people cant know, so better just nerf it… :P
And if an engi is tanking a node vs. multiple enemies, it tells everything about you and your teammates, theres really nothing more to say than “get good”. Or maybe just dont rotate your bunkers for ganking nodes.

Truth is, engi is still descent, but propably in the worst spot he have been since ages, maybe even since release. Just kite him to death if things go bad, the slick shoes nerf took us our most important tool to lock opponents down. Theres nothing left than 1 stun(hint: run a stunbreaker!) and a 3 sec cripple which barely ever hits on more than 3m distance. If you just stand toe to toe and let him smack your face its obvious he will kill you, since its a pure melee class.

So heres my tip because i think lots of players still dont know this: free your cam in the options and take use of your left mouse button, you will see it works wonders and its some major point in seperating the good from the bad players.

(edited by Mister Fluffkin.7358)

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Scrapper is not OP at all in my opinion. From my experience when playing Druid in the highest part of legendary, facing many very good engineers, I can conclude that they are basically a Druid with less support. If anything they need a small buff. They just don’t have enough damage to win a 1v1 against an equally skilled player unless given a long time. If I play close to my best on Druid, no scrapper, however good, can kill me in a 1v1 at all.

What scrappers basically are are a class with reasonable damage that can hold any 1v1 forever and survive well in 2v1s but they have little healing support. Basically the same thing as a Druid but when I compare those 2 classes, scrapper is the weaker of the two, they are not OP at all from what I have seen.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

• Hammer deals way too much damage for how defensive it is
  • It actually needs to deal this much damage to compete in the current power-creep meta
  • Other engi weapons are not playable right now
  • If they nerf anything except hammer, it hurts other playstyles more than scrapper, and hammer scrapper is already like 98% of all engi’s in pvp

Nerf engi

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

We are locking this thread as it has run its course.