Nerf everything

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Seems to be the trend at the moment. Makes it kind of hard to tell whats to strong and to weak don’t you think?

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

Yep, nerf gw2.
There are balance issues, but this forum is just bs around about everything. Let meta settle in some time and than rebalance.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Maybe because a lot of stuff needs nerfing? I dunno just a thought lol. I know Anet needs to get hype and incentive for players to buy HoT, but I believe they will tone things down after awhile.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I firmly think that everything should be nerfed, at various degrees. The power creep is getting out of control. Too many hard CCs, cleanses, active defenses, everything really, at various degrees.

In my opinion, a rapid succession of balance passes is required to sanitize the mess it has become.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That’s what happens when you introduce a heavy power creep.
Despite some peoples’ belief, it is possible for all or most classes to be “overpowered”, because power isn’t just in relation to one another, but also base stats which have stayed the same while active defenses and burst potential has gotten stronger.

Unfortunately, no one is ‘right’ when it comes to a debate like this because balance against base stats and how much is too much (in terms of TTK, or active defenses versus stat defense balance) is fairly subjective.

/shrug

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: BlackFyer.6415

BlackFyer.6415

kitten Ele’s and warriors and theives and guardians are crying because they can’t just roll their face on the keyboard and win anymore. Now they have some competition and it’s hurting them. Despite the fact that all of those classes have been overpowered compared to the rest for almost 2 years now. It will take some getting used to the new level playing field. Give them time.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

kitten Ele’s and warriors and theives and guardians are crying because they can’t just roll their face on the keyboard and win anymore. Now they have some competition and it’s hurting them. Despite the fact that all of those classes have been overpowered compared to the rest for almost 2 years now. It will take some getting used to the new level playing field. Give them time.

Don’t know why you said Guardians because they are the most broken of them all and is played through face rolling.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Don’t know why you said Guardians because they are the most broken of them all and is played through face rolling.

Roll into the traps. Your welcome.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Roll into the traps. Your welcome.

yeah lets roll into a trap that’ll interrupt you in the middle of your dodge roll and will still knock you down when you teleport out of it.

dragonhunter is broken
rev/herald is broken
elementalist is broken
engie/scrapper is broken
chronomancer is broken

nerf these or drastically buff thief/daredevil, tempest, druid, warrior/zerker and at least have everyone equally enjoy the power creep.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

people is just salty that they cannot oneshot omg immapro unoobs anymore.
Because there is a new class, new elite specs to get use to etc etc.

Let the dust settle, let anet balance some stuff and all will be back to your old boring meta……

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

people is just salty that they cannot oneshot omg immapro unoobs anymore.
Because there is a new class, new elite specs to get use to etc etc.

Let the dust settle, let anet balance some stuff and all will be back to your old boring meta……

speaking of which

mesmer can still literally oneshot people with 17.5k hp 100-0 pretty much instantly.

their damage, one of the most pressing issues of pre-HoT balance, still is way too high since it hasnt been touched, at all.

(edited by sinject.4607)

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Troll topic or not, its obvious that the new specs are not an alternative to the old. They are more powerful. Made an experiment and went back as bunker guard. Much harder to stay alive. Spike damage is higher then ever. Maybe on par of Thieves few years back.
So the whole “alternative” play is empty words…

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Troll topic or not, its obvious that the new specs are not an alternative to the old. They are more powerful. Made an experiment and went back as bunker guard. Much harder to stay alive. Spike damage is higher then ever. Maybe on par of Thieves few years back.

They are more powerful, or weaker, because metabuilder isnt there to hold your hand yet. Theres no builds that factor in the new skills for people to copy and paste, and are realizing that they aren’t as good as they think they are when there isnt someone there to tell them how to play.

I went through 10 Reaper builds before I found one that works really well. That means I had 9 builds that were either semi-good, or got completely roflstomped.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

They are more powerful, or weaker, because metabuilder isnt there to hold your hand yet. Theres no builds that factor in the new skills for people to copy and paste, and are realizing that they aren’t as good as they think they are when there isnt someone there to tell them how to play.

I went through 10 Reaper builds before I found one that works really well. That means I had 9 builds that were either semi-good, or got completely roflstomped.

I like this post.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Best answer yet

Nerf everything

in PvP

mazut.4296

You talking about reaper and I was talking about non Elite specs… Ty for confirming my point

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

At least, wait two weeks until people figure a little how to deal with new builds before crying for nerf?

Nerf everything

in PvP

mazut.4296

Nobody is crying its a discussion

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Made an experiment and went back as bunker guard. Much harder to stay alive.

Try using Minstrel’s Amulet with Rune of Durability on that Bunker guard, it’ll fix that survivability problem, and that’s even with concentration being bugged.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Personal experience here. Played all bwe except the first one and gw2 till today. Pvped mostly. I can’t tell the exact builds people are using but I’ve pvped enough to get a general idea of how the elite specs work and what not.

High mmr ranked matches. Played celestial d/d ele and various tempest builds mostly, just to get a comparison. Celestial d/d is considered strong pre-HoT right? It should at least be able to perform it’s role of a bruiser class post-HoT right? Wrong.

I’m not a bad player by any measure and I can tell you, the power creep across all elite specs is real. I’m getting out pressured, out sustained and out run almost every single fight. And before anyone wants to tell me it’s a l2p issue, feel free to add me up for a few duels, I’m sure I can convince you otherwise.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Nerf everything

in PvP

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

dragonhunter is broken
rev/herald is broken
elementalist is broken
engie/scrapper is broken
chronomancer is broken