Nerfing mesmers. Good or bad?

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

let me get this straight. You nerf down mesmers and this is it?
Good job. I’m so proud.
Let see how it works out now that people will start complaining about OP of some other class

But hey, don’t worry now that mesmers will be killed by rangers and eles we will have a lot of them complaining.
Have a nice day.

Ps. Nerfing down and re-nrfing down is the worst thing that can happen. I hate this, and I’m really starting to getting totaly angry of your kitten nerfs.
Just nerf down once and for all!!

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

And AOE is still there like is perfect.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I think this was a great change.
Now people that rolled a mesmer for a gimmich build cant rofl stompe anymore and people that actually learned the class outside of this gimmick will go back to their unbugged builds.

This change also wasnt a suprise..
People have known this would be getting fixed for a while :I

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Mesmers were broken and you (and they) knew it.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

it wasnt a balance fix.
it was an issue they saw and they fixed it.

in PvP

Posted by: Baam.2493

Baam.2493

This nerf was primarily to bring mesmer’s insane ratio of utility, mobility, and damage into line, as well as to hotfix one of the biggest problems in paids with mesmers: shatter macro.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

Well why they havn’t still fixed the chests bug dhou? I changed server and I’m not getting chest. I knew about this bug, but i tought it weas fixed since a month ago or more when i heard about it….

in PvP

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

The issue was a bug causing illusions to gain multiple shatter effects. They haven’t fixed the bug but just made it harder to trigger. Hopefully they fix the bug and shatters can be off of GCD. I don’t really like being locked out of daze or distortion because I just Mind Wracked. That .25 seconds is enough for a Thief to daze you and finish you off.

So I have no problem with them dealing with the bug. I just wish the multiple problems with Mesmer traits not working were fixed this quickly. The Torch Phantasm and Phantasmal Haste is still broken even though they claimed otherwise. >|

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Eristina.5967

Eristina.5967

They fixed the bug exploit on shatter.
They nerfed an up that wasn’t needed.

Origine-online – http://www.twitch.tv/ooeristina
Mains Thief – Necro – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

They fixed the bug exploit on shatter.
They nerfed an up that wasn’t needed.

They didn’t fix a bug, they put a band aid to it, adding GCD is a stupid way to deal with things, affecting people who didn’t even use the macro bug thing. Is it really that hard to fix the source code for this? But it’s no problem, what matters is that warriors and thieves are balanced. They should fix the thief macro thing as well then. God forbid mesmers have a chance to down a class in few seconds like thieves can. Oh the horror. Guess I’ll leave SPvP and go back to PvE like I did from the release. And to think I actually decided to give SPvP a try 2 weeks ago.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lots of people leaving SPvP. That’s why it’s empty except at peak hours. This mes nerf hasn’t turned me away, it’s just going to cause me to lose when I normally wouldn’t. GCD is ridiculous. But if it helps the bads feel better, that’s all that’s important. /sarcasm

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Can’t fix a bug so they just nerf the skill. PvP players can’t be bothered to learn how to play the game so they just nerf the trait, open world PvE gets slightly worse again and PvE support Mesmers are killed except for Mantra of Pain spam. Obviously no way to split this between PvE and PvP, apparently they only built the code to do this for Guardians.

Maybe they should just remove all skills and just have classes going around auto attacking each other. All auto attacks have to be the same of course.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

It is nice to not have have all 400 clones up in a single match, so that aspect is nice.

I imagine good mesmers will be fine and may consider this a boost. Less people playing it means people will no longer consider you a threat. I am sure good players are not fussed too much by this.

Ironic how Anet uses cooldowns on abilities as a way of balance. You know, like a certain class that doesn’t have cooldowns is still OP….just sayin :P

in PvP

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

I liked the CD change. I never abused the glitch on purpose, but found it annoying when i over reached the F3 key and hit F4 and F3 at the same time giving me a CD on both .__., so im happy with the change.

~Caedas~

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

its a .25 second CD. .25 second. Guys come on, the only reason u would ever shatter .25 seconds is

a) Macro
b) Exploit
c) Godlike asian-rubiks cube master fingers

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

+1 for fixing the macro exploit
-1 for nerfing a buff: it’s admitting their sense of balance is off.
Seems everyone but Anet knew Shattered Strength got overbuffed in the first place.

Plus they don’t realize that it’s also the buff to Dazzling that made mesmers so strong.
In a teamfight getting 20 stacks of Vulnerability on that bunker (and dazing him)>>>>>20 stacks of might on the mesmer.

Still have a long way to go….

P.S: You want to fix Shatter Mesmer? Put a 10sec ICD on Deceptive Evasion. Same as Evasive Arcana. Period.

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

I think the global cd on shatter is a good thing. Actually it’s kinda strange that yesterday evening I was thinking I’ll write and suggest a cd on shatter similar to what ele’s have on attunements. Funny feeling reading just now that that is what Anet did.

I’m not sure about rolling back Shattered Strenght though. As far as I saw, it didn’t have that big of an effect on it’s own in PvP and was a good (but not absolutely necessary) change considering PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

Bad nerf on .25 cooldown. I was able to use Diversion right after I press Cry or Mind Wrack in less then .25 seconds. Now I am unable too.

This actually promotes use of MACROS. A macro user can put .25 second delay between burst thus he never miss.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

MACROS promotes banning by Anet XD

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

MACROS promotes banning by Anet XD

A non macro mesmer cannot burst.

A macro mesmer can burst

Also I see people like Team Curse using a thief with macro exploit yet they are not banned and hailed as one of the best teams

in PvP

Posted by: DestregA.5314

DestregA.5314

Plus they don’t realize that it’s also the buff to Dazzling that made mesmers so strong.
In a teamfight getting 20 stacks of Vulnerability on that bunker (and dazing him)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

+1 for fixing the macro exploit
-1 for nerfing a buff: it’s admitting their sense of balance is off.
Seems everyone but Anet knew Shattered Strength got overbuffed in the first place.

In a teamfight getting 20 stacks of Vulnerability on that bunker (and dazing him)>>>>>20 stacks of might on the mesmer.

Still have a long way to go….

P.S: You want to fix Shatter Mesmer? Put a 10sec ICD on Deceptive Evasion. Same as Evasive Arcana. Period.

DO Not put a 10 sec CD on deceptive evasion. Because it is not an exploit… It is a basis for the class… IF someone traited for it then that means they are power heavy and also it is not only good for adding clones to shatter but for DECEIVING enemies in PVE like if you are trying to run through a mob and get hit evade and it drops aclone then evade again… You clearly do not play the class so your thoughts on the mechanic of this are completely and totally uninformed… The .25 sec GCD is fine and it is still a short enough time to faceroll people in pvp and WvW and the mesmers that are complaining were either macroing or exploiting… You guys got the nerfs you wanted now everyone just SHUT THE HELL UP and try to learn how to fight properly instead of crying mommy everytime you get stomped by a mesmer…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Let see how it works out now that people will start complaining about OP of some other class

people have been calling for a thief backstab nerf since release, the only difference is that Anet must not play mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

This doesn’t make macros less effective. Stop acting clueless. It just makes their use less necessary.

@jumper, top 10 qp mesmer on NA uses macro too, just check his stream for lulz.

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

This doesn’t make macros less effective. Stop acting clueless. It just makes their use less necessary.

@jumper, top 10 qp mesmer on NA uses macro too, just check his stream for lulz.

It doesn;t stop macros, it prompts macros so you wont take any mistakes while smashing shatter combos :O

in PvP

Posted by: Nemhy.5230

Nemhy.5230

I think this was a great change.
Now people that rolled a mesmer for a gimmich build cant rofl stompe anymore and people that actually learned the class outside of this gimmick will go back to their unbugged builds.

This change also wasnt a suprise..
People have known this would be getting fixed for a while :I

or reroll thief and be just as op as Mesmer was pre nerf with higher damage

in PvP

Posted by: Hopes.4512

Hopes.4512

A nerfed mesmer is a good mesmer!

in PvP

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

There’s one arguable issue, here.
DE creates one (easily shredded) clone.
Old-style EA used to create (attunement specific) AoEs.

Is this not, then, a case of “apples and oranges?”

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Good for thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

balanced fix now mesma will fear me as bunkerele even more muahhahahahaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

very good in term of balance the game in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

D/D Eles being able to solo 10 opponents is not OP.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

shatter mesmers, certain aspects of the thief, d/d eles and bunker guards need to be nerfed to the ground, which would bring them in line with the rest of the specs. until then, pvp aint goin nowhere kids.

shatter needs more nerfs.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Levetty.1279

shatter mesmers, certain aspects of the thief, d/d eles and bunker guards need to be nerfed to the ground, which would bring them in line with the rest of the specs. until then, pvp aint goin nowhere kids.

As I keep saying, people wont’ be happy until PvP is just running around auto attacking people.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

^Right there… The reason PvP is TEAM play is because every class can build differently I think this is why ANET allows us to use traits to further customize our build…. Mesmers can still run Glamour/Phantasm and toughness/vit… Psh even though I am shatter heavy if i know that doing shatters wont be as good as damage over time I pop 2 or 3 phantasms and just sit back and watch while the 8 stacks of bleeding just keep going up and up.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

As I keep saying, people wont’ be happy until PvP is just running around auto attacking people.

actually thats what the above changes would move us away from. thieves, d/d eles, shatter mesmers and bunker guards are the lowest skillcap profs/specs that give too much reward for little to no effort. once you learn an attack chain, thats it, youre done. and the worst part is, you dont ever have to do anything different because these specs are leaps and bounds ahead of everything else. pragmatism. there’s your reason why tpvp is the crap that it is.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

in PvP

Levetty.1279

actually thats what the above changes would move us away from. thieves, d/d eles, shatter mesmers and bunker guards are the lowest skillcap profs/specs that give too much reward for little to no effort. once you learn an attack chain, thats it, youre done. and the worst part is, you dont ever have to do anything different because these specs are leaps and bounds ahead of everything else. pragmatism. there’s your reason why tpvp is the crap that it is.

Just because you don’t want to learn the counters doesn’t mean the specs require no skill.