Nerfing power rev= bunker meta (s5 fail)

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

With the changes coming to rev there will be no way to effective way of killer bunkers especially when stacked. And this will make solo Q even worse because there is not much team coordination. Be prepared to fight teams of double scrappers, eles, guards druids, and condi wars to some extent.

And nering rev also means you nerf thief. Because if targets dont drop quickly thief is useless on the map and cant +1 anything or decap anything.

Anet was not smart enough to realize that before nerfing damage you have to nerf the sustain first.

Enjoy bunker wars 2, season 5 has already failed before it started. Enjoy matches going to timer and brainless bunker builds being unkillable even when played poorly.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Sounds like a revenant main is throwing in the QQ towel a bit prematurely. Wait to see what happens before you flood the forum with complaints.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Sounds like a revenant main is throwing in the QQ towel a bit prematurely. Wait to see what happens before you flood the forum with complaints.

sounds like a Dh main who will keep facerolling his keyboard cuz the nerfs are pathetic compared to those of rev.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

sounds like a Dh main who will keep facerolling his keyboard cuz the nerfs are pathetic compared to those of rev.

Yet Revs still beat DH ez. How about we don’t hop on that QQ train until the patch hits.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Yet Revs still beat DH ez. How about we don’t hop on that QQ train until the patch hits.

It is an even match-up currently, after these changes dragon-hunter face-rolls for the win.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Slow has nasty effects on rev’s skills

could even use trapper runes to stop UA

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Revs nerfed = whole season ruined? That is quite the stretch. Guess I’ll just enjoy the season and you to your panicking.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

What changes? Was there an announcement or is this just a premature fear of change?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

What changes? Was there an announcement or is this just a premature fear of change?

Read Gail’s post….

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Yep sadly I read it. I had already an unhealthy amount of premature fear of change, but it is good to see that all was not in vain. Now revs will really feel like Zoidberg.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

It is an even match-up currently, after these changes dragon-hunter face-rolls for the win.

Traps dont daze anymore so i think it will be an even match up

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Is Rev the only class that’s supposed to be able to kill bunkers is it?

I did not know this.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I did not know this.

Revenant is currently the best bunker killer with its burst damage and mobility.
Necro is the second best.

Normally team takes both revenant and necro because no one is able to sustain damage from these two classes.

With revenant damage being massively nerfed. There needs someone to fill in the power damage role which is a bit hard to find. Staff thief might be a decent choice.

Without a legit power damage spec, you opposition can easily build for max condition removal and sustain forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Just read the Rev changes. As a Hammer Rev (don’t care about Staff) I welcome the changes. Mallyx Pain absorption now has a stun break is great! Will it make it worth switching over Shiro, we shall see.

As for all the staff rev’s, all I gotta say, join the Hammer Train.

(edited by Hirasaki.6208)

in PvP

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

As a warrior, welcome to the club. Grab your condi amulet and get on board.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Just read the Rev changes. As a Hammer Rev (don’t care about Staff) I welcome the changes. Mallyx Pain absorption now has a stun break is great! Will it make it worth switching over Shiro, we shall see.

As for all the staff rev’s, all I gotta say, join the Hammer Train.

Sadly, hammer revenant is not worth it at all. You are better off with a longbow dragonhunter.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

With the changes coming to rev there will be no way to effective way of killer bunkers especially when stacked. And this will make solo Q even worse because there is not much team coordination. Be prepared to fight teams of double scrappers, eles, guards druids, and condi wars to some extent.

Enjoy bunker wars 2, season 5 has already failed before it started. Enjoy matches going to timer and brainless bunker builds being unkillable even when played poorly.

Attachments:

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Blackdagger.9670

Blackdagger.9670

I seriously don’t understand why Anet PvP designers hate power based pvp builds so much. I am really having trouble to see what lies behind this condition oriented transitions are always the top focus for them and wonder why they only want this game’s pvp to becondition and bunker based.

Why you want to destroy most fun yet hard to play class? Why this game must be condi storm or gtfo game?

Remember season 1 how boring and worst era of pvp history in gw2, well prepare to embrace it again.

These nerfs to Revenant, will change the phase and flow of pvp once again, but in a negative way.

I am so upset to hear this. PvP in gw2 is all I have about this game, don’t take it away by bringing unbalance and boredom. Anet, I am sorry but you are not considered “good” on adjusting balance and bringing new systems into pvp. Your history of pvp updates caused more problems. Really don’t wanna remember season 1 and before.

(edited by Blackdagger.9670)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

…and yet revs still will be in better position than thieves that were butchered last year because they are roamers. Welcome to roamers club – you are not allowed to kill things

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

And nering rev also means you nerf thief. Because if targets dont drop quickly thief is useless on the map and cant +1 anything or decap anything.

Anet was not smart enough to realize that before nerfing damage you have to nerf the sustain first.

YEA two ele’s healing people to death and smacking them with their long, soft, tiny and insignificant lightning whips…dude I am so scared…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Who cares? PVP is BS in its current form and it will be staying that way.

Bunker Bunker Bunker kitten .

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

I did not know this.

Yes it is. Without a rev you would never be able to take out anything especially when being supported by an ele. These revs nerfs are literally killing the whole PvP mode not just rev.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

no more surge of mists instakills for you boo hoo

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Um what class are you referring to that’s getting 1-shotted by SotM? Because the only class in your signature is thief, and if you’re getting 1-shotted by SotM on thief then you should be ashamed. Hotkey Shadowstep if you haven’t already. It still can’t 1-shot you anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Um what class are you referring to that’s getting 1-shotted by SotM? Because the only class in your signature is thief, and if you’re getting 1-shotted by SotM on thief then you should be ashamed. Hotkey Shadowstep if you haven’t already. It still can’t 1-shot you anyways.

thanks for the advice, gonna be useful at my legend rank

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

thanks for the advice, gonna be useful at my legend rank

Yw, good luck in Season 5. Lots of new things to learn!

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Some other classes might be able to focus more on damage with nerf to Rev. Coming from a Druid main, I always put extra defense on when I see a rev or two on other team. It’s that or be a rally bot.

When there is no rev I can safely drop signet of stone and replace it with something more damage oriented. I can also swap out offhand dagger. So, yeah, you might see some of the bunkers changing to deal more damage…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Some other classes might be able to focus more on damage with nerf to Rev. Coming from a Druid main, I always put extra defense on when I see a rev or two on other team. It’s that or be a rally bot.

When there is no rev I can safely drop signet of stone and replace it with something more damage oriented. I can also swap out offhand dagger. So, yeah, you might see some of the bunkers changing to deal more damage…

Dropping SoS won’t make you a damage dealer. At most, you can have a bit more utility.

Unless you are willing to drop nature magic and go marksmanship, there is no way you do enough damage to threat a bunker.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

So basically the classes that are already sustaining well will be able to even do more damage as a bonus. You’re making it sound like that’s a good thing.

(edited by Burn.5401)

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

s5 will be a massive fail btw without having something that can kill bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

yea bunker season 5th…of course nobody plays mesmers with moa, nobody plays necro or condi war, thief is for weak… yea bunkers are totally safe…

…but what are those bunkers?

Ele can’t bunker…
Druid can bunker but not everything… and thief +1 and in 90% cases dies…
Scraper and War can bunker some matchaups some no…

…so generally speaking this is a tread about people who don’t know about paper-scissor-rock design of this game or don’t know their class role or just don’t know their class very well…possible playing some rubbish builds…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Power rev will still be meta and will still fill the same role it did prior to these balance changes. Why? Because the most valuable thing it does vs Druids and Scrappers is not being nerfed. Revenants have the ability to pre reveal targets thanks to Gaze of Darkness, the active portion of Facet of Darkness.

Gaze of Darkness is not getting touched or changed in anyway. Overall, the current power Revenant build will be able to have the same impact on a match, though the skill requirements to achieve that have just been adjusted slightly.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

You said that class who have sustain , damage , flexibility , +1 , 1v1 …….
what is a no brain design?
who kick thief and warrior out of the the PVP?
THIS IS!

If ESL can class stack. There would have 2 or 3 of them in every team surely.

Nerfing power rev will not have a bunker meta.
We will see a DH meta.
Another no brain design and their predator is gone.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

And I happy to see two or three of Druids, Scrapper or Ele in enemy team. if you have played unrank or s4 rank. You should know this is a Punch Bag Association. no tooth no damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

And i am happy to see a rev trying to kill me on ele and perish :-). They often say ups did´t expect that.
Revs are a good PvP class and the nerf won´t change that.