Nerv Condition "Burning"?

in PvP

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Is it just me or is this condition out of control? In every match now there are many Hambows + Guards whos spams that condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Those darn condi guards. So pesky. Sure, let’s “nerv” the crap out of burning.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

It’s just you.

[Shake it off!]

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Conditions are generally too cheesy and too strong. Fail that they complete ignore toughness.
And yes that kitten burning is really annoying and deserve a nerv.

(edited by Leolas.6273)

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

No, burning itself is not OP. The possibility to make it tick 600+ per second while delivering 8k Eviscerate, is. I just took the warrior as example, since it’s the most suited. A celestial D/D elementalist does the same thing, but with less “big numbers”.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Guards that spam burning. Who would have guessed…

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

Conditions are non skill based guaranteed dmg. Way to strong in this game.
Conditions should be a pasive dmg boost and no build out there should be able to just do dmg by conditions. It just take no skill to get of your conditons on someone.
Everytime I look at the death recap, burning or sometimes torment did by far the most dmg to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Harbinger i think OP means that skill when u attack the guard that he applied burning. With a hambow beside a guard, yes burning is really annoying.
The whole pvp goes into a Spam condition meta and that is really NO fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Conditions should be a pasive dmg boost and no build out there should be able to just do dmg by conditions. It just take no skill to get of your conditons on someone.
Everytime I look at the death recap, burning or sometimes torment did by far the most dmg to me.

These type of posts are quite funny. It’s quite obvious you’ve never played a condi class in a tourney….

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

These type of posts are quite funny. It’s quite obvious you’ve never played a condi class in a tourney….

I’m not talking about team queue or semi competetive play, I’m specifically talking about uncoordinated soloq.
No condi clear at all.

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

the problem is not the condition itself, the problem is that every class can do condition damage making your screen fill with conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

Only guardians and warriors were brought up? I was expecting more Incendiary Powder engis to receive some QQ.

Ably

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Guards that spam burning. Who would have guessed…

Lol, I know right? Guild Whine 2.

No condi clear at all.

Well then grab a guardian and pitch in.

in PvP

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

I don’t think burning is op. The whole point of it is to be higher base dps, at the cost of not being able to stack like bleeding or have secondary effects like poison.

The issue is its ease of application.

Warrior: burning is not the issue. the issue is that its a 10sec field on 7sec CD that pulses burn, in addition to the burn combo projectiles.

Guard: lol no. Aside from blind, guards don’t apply any other condi consistently. I’m surprised guards are even being complained about for this lol

engi: more so an issue with balth runes having IP allow almost permanent burn.

ele: most of their burns have obvious tells.

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

no problem with burning , weakness and chill OP

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Is it just me or is this condition out of control? In every match now there are many Hambows + Guards whos spams that condi.

Burning can’t be stacked in intensity, only in time, which means that if a team has more than one player using a build based on fire a lot of potential damage will be wasted.

Notice also that in team play oftenly the goal in x vs x skirmishes is to focus in one player each time, to kill it as soon as possible, and in such conditions (pun intended) fire is crap: multiple fire users focusing the same target will not scale the damage in the same way as other stackable conditions or physical damage.

(edited by Buran.3796)

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

fire is working perfectly. it’s the condi overload in teamfights with multiple condi spammers that can drive you insane. especially as a guard

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

With the ele/guardian meta condis are too weak at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

id even say poison is more of a threat than burning
what makes conditions so strong is condition stacking and more condis on someone than can be cleansed is really a pain

burning is so often in your dmaage indicator because its bugged^^

condis too easy to applie and they tick and tick.. well…

if u see a condi warrior throw his sword or do longbow 5 DODGE or u are forced to use a condi cleanse…
sure it does dmg..
like a warr who does eviscerate.. just because the actual hit does not as much dmg does not eman u have to facetank these stacks of torment / bleeding etc
incidary powder procs on crit so quite relieable and if the crit is dodged or blcoked then it procks on next one yeah that is a problem
but this works just the same as fire + air sigils work (okay they have a chance of procking that isnt 100% but thats the same cause that makes them a bit OP)

the thing is fire + air sigils both heavyly offensive tend to leave an opening where u can attack whilst a trait is… well… really strong for a trait

but u still cant play full condi really well..
most play hybrid
which is even stronger because might buffs direct damage as well as the passive condis and.. there IS a lot to worry about ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I think they designed burning as a passive dmg boost to power builds. Hence the high base and stacking only in duration. Altough engies relly solely on burning and cover condies

Anyway, the biggest problem is still hambot/axebot. Not just 20x might stacking , but the everpulsing fire field the size of legacy……Hoping the adrenaline nerfs will lower the uptime emough

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

>*Topic about conditions*

>*Only Warrior and Guardian discussed*

u kitten me

On topic: Condi clear and don’t get focused.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.