Never again to PvE

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

As PvP person I miss GW1 chances, to play pvp only and have equal profit as PvE person. I wish PvP was rewarding enough so i could play PvP/WvW only and never ever step back to PvE. That’s my only great wish for upcoming expansion.

Tired of dungeons, fractals, SW and Orr.. could never get tired of PvP.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Dont forget crafting. You cant get ascended stuff without it and pvp player will neer have it for wvw. I am also tired of pve poop we get from pvp rewards and all that clicking that is needed x.x, srsly.

all is vain

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Agreed, I don’t do a lot of sPvP but for the guys that do it a lot, your getting screwed by anet, the rewards are bad, very bad, they don’t have to be up with PvE drops but the higher your rank goes the better your rewards should be, this is probably a good reason why so many ppl avoid sPvP.

As for WvW the rewards have sucked since day 1, and probably will never improve either, hence why both game formats are suffering badly,

Hopefully in the expansion things will change.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I have ascended armor and I don’t PvE…. All it requires is mats and money, which you get in PvP too. I have also got MANY ascended rings and a few weapon/ armor boxes from PvP. Also have gotten 2 precursers from PvP. You don’t need to PvE.

@OP, I am a little confused. PvP technically requires no in game gold to play or be better in terms of gear. If you want to play PvP so badly, why do you even care about money in game? If all you did was PvP you don’t need it and therefore doesn’t matter if it is more lucrative or not. Besides, PvP is very close to just as lucrative as PvE. You get all the same crap from the reward tracks as you would the dungeons. You also get silver (30s I beleive?) per win. You also get money for completing reward track progress along with all the stuff you can sell from the track.

Recently bought a new account and within 3.5 days I had him to LvL 80 in PvP and along with that had 90g, 2 ascended rings and an ascended weapon box. Not sure how much you make in PvE…but that isn’t bad at all IMO….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

snip

Skinz.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

snip

Skinz.

You make PLENTY of money to buy any skin you want in PvP….You want dungeon skinz…there is reward tracks for that too (which you actually get faster than in PvE)

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Blackstar.3475

Blackstar.3475

sPvP will always be the minority till we either all find another MMO to get our PvP fix, or when A-net decides to properly reward us. I’m sticking with unranked PvP combined with another game to get my daily dosis of PvP.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

sPvP will always be the minority till we either all find another MMO to get our PvP fix, or when A-net decides to properly reward us. I’m sticking with unranked PvP combined with another game to get my daily dosis of PvP.

It amazes me how people can play unranked… with all those kittened asuras jumping around.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

this game has far more rewarding pvp than others, still lacking but at least you get rewards. in other mmos ive played pvpers are the poorest around, and you earn nothing for playing. at least i get like 30s and some rewards that i can convert into more gold.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Or until the PvP community learns that it turns off so much of the GW2 player base with the toxic attitude it is so well known for. If you want to see nice things come to PvP, it has to be used by a decent portion of the player base, but it’s not likely to see that happen when anyone who doesn’t appear to be totally pro 100% of the time is mocked endlessly.

And that’s not even considering Barrens Chat, err, I mean HotM chat.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I agree the old reward system was complete crap, however, the pvp reward track is more than enough now. You can literally get full dungeon gear without ever doing them, you can get to 80 just by the tomes you get. This isn’t even counting all the mats and miscellaneous items you get, the GW2 pvp reward system is very generous. Also if you’re skilled enough you can make a lot of gems with the various tournaments.

I’d like more exclusive pvp armor and weapons, but that’s a different story.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

All professions at lvl 80, only two of the leveled the old school way ^^

I think the reward tracks are great! What we need is more tracks, specifically tracks with rewards that is only obtainable in pvp.

Melder – Thief

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

All professions at lvl 80, only two of the leveled the old school way ^^

I think the reward tracks are great! What we need is more tracks, specifically tracks with rewards that is only obtainable in pvp.

We do have them (Glorious Reward track). Shame that the armor is terribad though.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Firelysm.4967

I have ascended armor and I don’t PvE…. All it requires is mats and money, which you get in PvP too. I have also got MANY ascended rings and a few weapon/ armor boxes from PvP. Also have gotten 2 precursers from PvP. You don’t need to PvE.

@OP, I am a little confused. PvP technically requires no in game gold to play or be better in terms of gear. If you want to play PvP so badly, why do you even care about money in game? If all you did was PvP you don’t need it and therefore doesn’t matter if it is more lucrative or not. Besides, PvP is very close to just as lucrative as PvE. You get all the same crap from the reward tracks as you would the dungeons. You also get silver (30s I beleive?) per win. You also get money for completing reward track progress along with all the stuff you can sell from the track.

Recently bought a new account and within 3.5 days I had him to LvL 80 in PvP and along with that had 90g, 2 ascended rings and an ascended weapon box. Not sure how much you make in PvE…but that isn’t bad at all IMO….

In gw1 i was addicted to pvping and while doing that i was able to collect all weapons and armors (i’m addicted collector of weapons). So for example there is no way i could do legendary in 1 year of pvping.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Firelysm.4967

this game has far more rewarding pvp than others, still lacking but at least you get rewards. in other mmos ive played pvpers are the poorest around, and you earn nothing for playing. at least i get like 30s and some rewards that i can convert into more gold.

In GW1 player got tokens from every match, and 1000 tokens u bought keys, keys did cost 5000gold. For easier to imagine how was the reward system there, you got 1 ecto per game, where game lasted from 5-10 min.

With that gold, pvp person had decent reward for that times.
If we convert it to every day dungeon or fractals or silverwester.. player should earn:
5 min = 75 silver
10 min = 1,5 gold

Playing pvp should not be paid per win, but per time they spend in, or prevent “RANK” farming maps and put decent rewards.
But i think 1 minute must be worth 15 silver, for player to be equal with other PvE players. Boss farming, Dungeons, Silverwester, Orr and Dry Top.. all can earn more then 15 silver per minute of their game play. So i think 15silver per minute in pvp should be fair earning.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

How exactly are the rewards forcing you into content you do not enjoy? IF you only want to PvP then do so.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

On the forums I can see:
PvE players say the game is unrewarding.
PvP players say the game is unrewarding.
WvW players say the game is unrewarding.

Looks like everyone is on the same side which can give the clue that the game is actually unrewarding as a whole or those people expect being rewarded for doing nothing. Already we’ve been given log in rewards which in my personal opinion are the worst kind of rewards, effortless bribe you’re given to higher company’s log-in statistics. So the next step you want is what, sending precursors by e-mail on demand?

As for pvp rewards, the reward tracks are actually very rewarding. What’s more there is already very valuable shiny you can farm only in PvP – Tomes of Knowledge. Other players don’t get this treasure so easily. The other cool reward are transmutation charges.

I’m a dedicated PvE scrub with some episodes in PvP. And you know what? I totally abandoned dungeon farming and started playing PvP more. Not daily but more often than ever. And I feel really rewarded with it. I’m not a competitive type of a guy so I shouldn’t be really invested in pvp, yet still I feel rewarded.

I think you’re expecting too much OP. But it’s a matter of personal taste I guess.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

As for pvp rewards, the reward tracks are actually very rewarding. What’s more there is already very valuable shiny you can farm only in PvP – Tomes of Knowledge. Other players don’t get this treasure so easily. The other cool reward are transmutation charges.

Well, considering i have almost two stacks of tomes and scrolls + over 100 stones, it doesnt feel cool at all, i’d rather have an option to get other loot instead.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Or until the PvP community learns that it turns off so much of the GW2 player base with the toxic attitude it is so well known for. If you want to see nice things come to PvP, it has to be used by a decent portion of the player base, but it’s not likely to see that happen when anyone who doesn’t appear to be totally pro 100% of the time is mocked endlessly.

And that’s not even considering Barrens Chat, err, I mean HotM chat.

I play pvp a bit. I’m not great at all.
I play unranked, though I have seen some people give out about players telling them to go to “hotjoin”, Ive also seen plenty of people argue against that.

I’ve never been attacked about playing bad…and as I’m still trying to find a class/build that works for me, I play badly alot.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Well, considering i have almost two stacks of tomes and scrolls + over 100 stones, it doesnt feel cool at all, i’d rather have an option to get other loot instead.

use your tombs for skills, and do mat promotion for gold …there you go, good rewards.

alternatively, have a char slot for key farming. use your tombs, to level to 10, get your key quickly and easily..and gamble for your chance of good rewards. (blt chests can actually be quite good…of course this means hoping into pvp.)

pvp, isn’t bad. I play it for the rewards, that’s all. I’m mostly a pve’er but the rewards, the dungeon tracks etc are enticing, so I don’t think it’s the rewards that a problem, you just want more.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Pvp has great rewards, and most of all, rewards that matter. Transmutation charges to look smart. Tomes of knowledge for those of us who don’t like the leveling (I have 6 chars lvl 80, only my main I leveled without it, and it was I did it in WvW). Dungeon armors and weapons easier to obtain than in PvE. Even gold-wise, if you want to make more in PvE, you have to do boring stuff like champ trains or silver wastes or endlessly speed run the same dungeons. In pvp you can make decent gold without grinding.

I don’t even talk about Wintersday, when Pvp was more rewarding than any other area in the game. And if you worry about ascended, I only loot mines in reward tracks: I just reached rank 80 and had 6-7 trinkets and rings, 3 weapons (berserker, rabid and carrion) and 2 armor pieces. And I’m not sure crafting qualifies as PvE.

However, I would want to see more Pvp exclusive rewards (I don’t really like the glorious armor, even if I like the idea). But the PvE crowd doesn’t want us to have nice things, even though we can’t get their cool carapace skins in Pvp and you don’t see us complaining.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

As PvP person I miss GW1 chances, to play pvp only and have equal profit as PvE person. I wish PvP was rewarding enough so i could play PvP/WvW only and never ever step back to PvE. That’s my only great wish for upcoming expansion.

I would point out it was YEARS before Zaishen Keys were added and the only profit you could make from PvP before them in GW1 was lucky HoH Chest drops. GW2 has given more money making to PvP quicker but remember PvP has never been able to match PvE for money making (as it should be imo).

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

this i support.
the tomes and charges should not be in every track. personally i think the tomes should only be in the dungeon tracks.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Time to go full Pretty Woman, my friend! But yeah, a reward track without good could be a good idea. More choice is always good

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

use your tombs for skills, and do mat promotion for gold …there you go, good rewards.

alternatively, have a char slot for key farming. use your tombs, to level to 10, get your key quickly and easily..and gamble for your chance of good rewards. (blt chests can actually be quite good…of course this means hoping into pvp.)

pvp, isn’t bad. I play it for the rewards, that’s all. I’m mostly a pve’er but the rewards, the dungeon tracks etc are enticing, so I don’t think it’s the rewards that a problem, you just want more.

Good reward usualy involves promotion of low lvl materials which means A TON OF CLICKS for a couple gold of profit and i dont want to break my mouse or my finger.

Key farm is boring and i dont have a free slot =-/.

So i’d really like maybe less lucrative, but less tedious reward track with some easily convertible to gold rewards like random crafting mats instead of tomes and scrolls.

Never again to PvE

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Good reward usualy involves promotion of low lvl materials which means A TON OF CLICKS for a couple gold of profit and i dont want to break my mouse or my finger.

Key farm is boring and i dont have a free slot =-/.

So i’d really like maybe less lucrative, but less tedious reward track with some easily convertible to gold rewards like random crafting mats instead of tomes and scrolls.

Good idea. Here’s another.
1) Convert gold to gems to buy a new character slot
2) Let your little sister play on this character
3) Ask your little sister to convert your skill points in gold and to farm keys
4) Reimburse the debt you made in 1)
5) Profit

edit: for other category of population, you can also do this with your child, or one of the staff member at the nursing home you’re in.

(edited by Sorel.4870)