Never seen balance this bad.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Title.

Been playing since near release. Legend every season solo q rev (imo I’m best rev in game easily but whatever). Mained warr prior HOT and I play guard when I’m feeling extremely face-rolly.

I don’t think balance has ever been this bad. Even in season 1 when warr was so bad compared to everything else it was unviable past Diamond, balance was not this bad imo.

Some mechanics are so broken it’s like you are handing out “I win” buttons.

It’s natural that over time people get bored of playing a game and leave, but it’s different when it’s due to balance.

IMO the current ranking system is great, but it doesn’t really mean anything when the people who actually play your game and are good quit because of balance, and then you have such skewed matches due to low population and not very many ‘competitive’ players.

Everything I’m saying is clearly visible to people who have as much experience with your game as me, so I’m not really going to waste time replying to comments.

(edited by JayAction.9056)

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

For someone who claims to be the best rev in the game you really don’t understand why people quit lol. Yeah balance could be better, but it’s really not that bad. The top players quit because there is no competition. There is no competition because there are no tournaments. Solo queue and the leaderboards are supposed to be what solo players use to get recognized by teams playing in tournaments. But we have no tournaments now let alone a team queue. And with all the exploiting that happened last season on the leaderboards yeah people quit because there is no reason to play at a high level when the competitive environment does not exist.

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Rev and War kinda swapped places didn’t they? So play warrior now….

In past metas, the meta has been defined by 1-3 builds…. hambow and condi necro, cele ele and cele engie….etc. Currently there are more viable “meta” builds than there have ever been with several classes having multiple viable options.

You are correct that rev is in a deplorable spot, but it’s not like there are turret engies 1v2ing without any skill all over the map. And really, ele is the only other class I can think of that doesn’t have 2 or more viable builds right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I’m not gonna say we currently have the best meta but it’s certainly one of the most stable metas we’ve had in a while with no class being clearly op against everything. In fact, if we still had tournaments and class stacking were allowed, i don’t think there is any class you would want to stack on a competitive level.

Meanwhile the problems right now are: low season participation, no tournaments, no competitive team pvp environment below the pro level, class stacks, no custom build templates.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

agreed balance is fine

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

As an ele I hate the balance. Just saying

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The game has seen worse balances, I dare say s1 tops it, followed by the release of HoT, and before that the Cele meta when Anet had no idea what to do with it. You may have a slightly different prospective because Rev really isn’t in the best of spots at the moment and War is shining bright, hardly anyone can 1v1 them on point.

When a meta shift happens, so do the top teams of NA and EU. They always adapt to the new meta hype by swapping professions because they multiclass. So I like to think “top players” quit the game due to the lack of competition; the drive that keeps them playing. I mean, what happen to all the ESL tournaments and pug weeklies?

This is probably one of the most boring season to date yet it’s arguably the best in terms of where the PvP League is at.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)