New Ascended Shard of Glory, Not retroactive?

in PvP

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

So I used to do pvp a lot for good ol dailies. Now I find out they actually made it possible to profit with ascended gear from this. However the Ascended Shards of Glory are only obtainable from completed reward tracks. I have done 13 of them. Some nice hardcore pvp players have probably done a kitteneload more. Why is this not retroactive to what we have already accomplished? I personally haven’t been able to find the time to get a lot of ascended gear (found a pair of pants in a chest, thats it). So you can imagine my disappointment upon finally discovering a straightforward way to get them (outside of luck with a panty chest, and crafting I don’t have the time or gold to do) that my previous accomplishments account for nothing.

Can we please get this re-evaluated to be retroactive? I’m sure people would like to have gear they technically already earned.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Ascended shards of Glory are earned in PvP League chests. Not reward tracks.

If you play, you earn. They’ve only ever been in the League chests. Therefore, no retroactive rewarding is needed. It’s not neccessary even if they did drop from reward tracks.

You will still need to craft Ascended Grandmaster Marks to purchase the Ascended armor, it is a tiny discount on direct crafting, so you will still need time and gold to get it.

Edit: Clarity

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

They have not always been in league chests – this is a recent season thing.

That said, no, it shouldn’t be retroactive. You were not playing pvp before to get shards, you were playing pvp for its own sake/whatever awards were available at the time.

Asking this is like asking that PvE players be given map rewards for the years of gameplay before they made map rewards. It’s an asinine expectation that gives the middle finger to everyone currently playing for modern rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Actually funny story about ascended shards of glory. They used to be incredibly valuable so that you could buy ascended armor directly with them. Anet realized this was a little too easy but instead of making them harder to obtain they retroactively nerfed the value of them. Screwing over tons of people that had already earned it not spent them. I highly doubt they would ever retroactively reward you anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

They have not always been in league chests – this is a recent season thing.

That said, no, it shouldn’t be retroactive. You were not playing pvp before to get shards, you were playing pvp for its own sake/whatever awards were available at the time.

Asking this is like asking that PvE players be given map rewards for the years of gameplay before they made map rewards. It’s an asinine expectation that gives the middle finger to everyone currently playing for modern rewards.

No, actually its nothing like that. That stuff is gained from simply being active in a map, and is a cumulative crafting reward (I presume were talking about BONUS map rewards?). Something used to get ascended gear vs something thats just a fun reward for being active on a map are completely different? And if your talking about full clear map chests, I don’t even remember when they weren’t there so, and thats STILL different from something that goes towards ascendant gear. So your still wrong.

If I understood it these are given out in the final reward track chest. Player’s that have done long running pvp before this would get more than me. Players that only started doing pvp after this wouldn’t benefit because they only started playing pvp after and not before. I get what your TRYING to say but your wrong in what you are trying to use as examples.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

If I understood it these are given out in the final reward track chest.

No. Ascended Shards of Glory have never been awarded at the end of reward tracks. They are in each tier of the League tier end chests.

Player’s that have done long running pvp before this would get more than me.

Well, yeah. Of course they will have more if they’ve played more than you and progressed more than you. That is normal.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

No, actually its nothing like that. That stuff is gained from simply being active in a map, and is a cumulative crafting reward (I presume were talking about BONUS map rewards?). Something used to get ascended gear vs something thats just a fun reward for being active on a map are completely different?

Just because they’re different point for point does not change the fact that they are rewards for participation.

Last I checked, too, crafting materials can still be sold on the trading post, and therefore converted into ascended crafting materials.

I get what your TRYING to say but your wrong in what you are trying to use as examples.

Your entire argument ignored my point completely.

Why should people who did pvp before the ascended armor vendor came out be allowed to have the best armor in the game for free? You realize ascended armor is intended to be worked towards, yes?

In this case, this gear was also not intended to be acquired during [X patch] meta. You steamrolled during the height of the hambow meta? Scrapper? Cele Ele? Cool… But so what. You’ll have to tough it out during the current meta if you want to bypass the gear grind.

It’s not even hard. You can literally lose games eternally and still win ascended shards because there is no pip loss, and you still gain a sizable number of pips for participating + bonuses for near-wins and top stats.

But you weren’t playing pvp for ascended shards before. They did not exist. You played for some other reason, and are jealous because other people have better rewards now. That does not earn you a free ride.