New Competitive Map?

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

I think it’s been a very long time since we got Temple of the Silent Storm and that it’s about time we got a fresh new and competitive pvp map for conquest.

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I think it’s been a very long time since we got Temple of the Silent Storm and that it’s about time we got a fresh new and competitive pvp map for conquest.

Anet has removed more maps than they have added them.

Maybe they should make spirt watch, raid on Capricorn and skyhammer competitive.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Community hate the map with mechanic though so we are stuck with vanilla combat matching map only.
For conquest stuff spiritwatch will make thief and scrapper OP with their super speed , dash spam and make DH cant sit on point and Chorno gonna have to camp the Orb instead.
Unless people an switch builds with template they are going to hate those maps since they play so different than the normal competitive map.
Sky hammer will make reaper ,druid or any class rely on summon cry cause they dont have a lot of dodge , DH can camp the sky hammer since there only 1 entrance. Ranger can cheese on far points with long bow KB and 1 shot kill any poor sap.

(edited by LONGA.1652)

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

What’s wrong with a simple conquest map with NO mechanic? o.O why there have to be a gimmick?

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Because then people can just bunker points all day. The other objectives mean you have to make a trade-off. Without them, the games would be stale and boring.

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

And comebacks are mostly impossible on such a map.

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

Because then people can just bunker points all day. The other objectives mean you have to make a trade-off. Without them, the games would be stale and boring.

Kyhlo.

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Kyhlo.

Cleary Khylo has a secondary mechanic. The trebs are used even in ESL games.

And the clocktower is almost a mechanikitteno itself.

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

better ex would be forrest. is beast really considered a comeback mechanic? If beast was removed, would it really be that different? 95% of the games would have the same result.

And some games I could argue would have BETTER results because newer players and secondary mechanics don’t interact well.

This isn’t even taking into account how dumb PvE secondary objectives are in the first place.

I don’t think it’d be a big deal to have ONE ranked map with no secondary.

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

I hear Stronghold is being added to the ESL map rotations.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

New Competitive Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Beasts are actually incredibly important in ranked because PUGs don’t have the organization to make ignoring them the better choice. If you get both beasts at start, who cares if you only have 1 point, you’re like half done with the game, and random players respawning are messing up the rotations anyway.

I’m not saying rush beasts and ignore mid, but beasts are game changing advantages if one side totally ignores them as though they’re on TS in ESL or something.