New Players can't learn to PvP in unrated

in PvP

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Please lock rated for players who are over a certain rank
Or
Create a game type which requires a player to be a lower rank to join.

Players like myself who want to learn to PvP but can’t because players who should be in rated or jumping into unrated because they get a kick out of killing newbs

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

(edited by Renn.8241)

in PvP

Posted by: Bunuka.3154

Bunuka.3154

A good player playing in Unranked isn’t about “killing noobs”. It is about playing a game without stress that isn’t ranked, hence the name “Unranked”.
MMR should take care of going against people at your own skill level and if you are struggling in Unranked you can always try hotjoins for a bit to get more experience on the maps etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

He specifically stated “unrated” and not “unranked”; he’s referring to hot-join. That said, I have to object and disagree; I do hot-join for quick dailies when I’ve not much time.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

If you meant hotjoin, the thing to do is browse through the different servers and participate at the one you think you can fit in the most.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

It’s prolly not a good idea to jump in a game that’s too one-sided. Find a server with enough people to fill in all 10 slots and make sure you start at the beginning. Doing so will help normalize your experience. Don’t jump in the middle of a mismatched game

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Unranked also uses a match making system. If you find yourself loosing the first few games, rest assured, your MMR will take a hit and find more suitable opponents for you next time.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

If unrated=hotjoin, then you are not on the right place to learn PvP, just play unranked, or search some empty server in order to learn how the maps are

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I do not remember the last time I played a hot join. If I were you I would go into unranked. Once you get your bearing go into ranked. If you still find ranked hard go to unranked and then go back to ranked and stick with it. Eventually your reflexes will get faster and you will be relaxed while fighting. While many ranked players yell and scream at new players for messing up truth is you have to learn and if you put your time in you will get as good if not better then most whiners.

trust me after playing this much ranked I wen into unranked this weekend and left bodies left and right. I took no real joy in it and promptly booted my own behind back to ranked. I do not say this to brag but there is a skill difference. If you play ranked you will get better by osmosis or simply because you will hate being useless/losing.

Another great source is youtube and these forums. Depending on the class you play ask who role you should fulfill land how to do it. You will get salty people saying negative things about the class or use your post as a soapbox to lodge complaints. Ignore them. Some players will give you helpful advice. Use it. Learn your build inside and out. Once you do that you’ll be good.

No matter the case you need to play those better players to get better. Once your mmr takes a hit you’ll get joined with players who could theoretically “carry” you. Learn from the losses and you will get better.

The thing you should not do is get into the habit of running to the forums to complain. There is no way in hell you won’t get better if you do not face the tougher opponents and learn. This can not be emphasized enough. If all you do is complain and never practice you will always suck at this.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Unranked also uses a match making system. If you find yourself loosing the first few games, rest assured, your MMR will take a hit and find more suitable opponents for you next time.

Thats not really true we all know how the matchmaking works. It doesn’t put you in with people of your skill level necessarily it puts you on teams that are suppossed to be roughly the same in skill level which is just as like to have high and very low MMR skill levels jammed together as everyone being the same skill level. Now it should end up about the same in terms of wins and losses over time but it would be much better imo if the playerbase was large enough where everyone in the match with you would be almost exactly the same skill level as you without it taking forever.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Hot join is cancer and unranked mmr is screwed up. I played unranked for the first time in a while with a friend not yet 20. We trio queued, 2 of the 3 are quite experienced so we figured we would get decent opponents.

Nope. If you told me the entire other team just bought the game I’d believe it. Pure domination versus people having no idea what is going on.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Hot join is cancer and unranked mmr is screwed up. I played unranked for the first time in a while with a friend not yet 20. We trio queued, 2 of the 3 are quite experienced so we figured we would get decent opponents.

Nope. If you told me the entire other team just bought the game I’d believe it. Pure domination versus people having no idea what is going on.

Ranked n Unranked have different MMRs, so if you only play ranked your unranked mmr is going to be trash and then you are matched with lower-skilled players

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Ranked n Unranked have different MMRs, so if you only play ranked your unranked mmr is going to be trash and then you are matched with lower-skilled players

Well that explains some things lol. I hardly ever play unranked thanks to skyhammer and courtyard. Well I guess I’ll be in some crappy matches anytime I play with my lowbee friend. Best time to learn a new class I suppose.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

My magical moment happened after 13 matches today, I’m starting to believe that MMR doesn’t exist

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Add me to your List (Schurge Daemonkin) I usually run partial or full pre-mades in Unranked and I don’t mind teaching people the ropes when they are in voice chat with me.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Another great resource is youtube…

…this may in fact be true of anything ever in life you ever want to learn ever, forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Sorry about the confusion
I’m talking about un-ranked
It just seems I’m constantly on the losing side (When I say losing I mean we barely reach 100 points when the other team hits 500)
and I’m constantly getting rekt by other players.

I’m by no means a bad player but I know the players I am constantly losing to are high end players. For example, constantly getting stomped by a PvP Dragon Finisher.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

The game mode itself is very simple. Back when I was new, I spent a lot of time in duel servers. Give them a try. Being mechanically sound goes a long way until you know what to do.