New PvP gamemodes?

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

I think it would be a good idea for Anet to invest in some new PvP gamemodes, not the crappy courtyard and spirit watch maps, but actual maps that are completely different than conquest. The idea of making a new pvp mode was a good concept with stronghold, it was simply the game itself that failed.
For example: If we had a 1v1 gamemode, many people who don’t play ranked PvP because build diversity is botched, would likely try to compete. Since 1v1 has a much more forgiving meta, I’d predict people would have a lot more fun than the mindless builds they play in ranked.
Or another example: We could have a king of the hill gamomode with one point, so builds would be more centered on teamfights, and aoe damage.
I believe the lack of interest in PvP doesn’t solely lie on class balance, but the way you have to play in pvp that pushes people away.
Conquest just isn’t for everyone.

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

New game modes have been requested, over and over again, for 4.5 years (ever since release). We did not get these. Why do you ask? You probably are a new player in this game.

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

It’s really baffling that such popular GW1 modes such as Heroes’ Ascent, GvG, Alliance Battles and Fort Aspenwood were not included at launch or within the 1st year of the game. It’s way too late now. There are barely enough players to sustain one gamemode.

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

It’s way too late now. There are barely enough players to sustain one gamemode.

And this is exactly why people voted for Solo Queue play in 5v5; and following those votes we now have no team play (premade) in Ranked seasons.

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

New game modes have been requested, over and over again, for 4.5 years (ever since release). We did not get these. Why do you ask? You probably are a new player in this game.

I’ve been playing for 3 years thank you very much. I ask, because Anet doesn’t seem to understand how to make pvp more enticing.
And technically we have received these game modes but in very badly delivered ways.

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They will enforce what u have in gw2 beisdes bring what worked well in gw1…. even if gw2 still continues to fail…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think bringing back Codex Arena would be a great move. Give it a treatment like Tavern Brawl in Hearthstone – not 100% serious and not necessarily balanced, but with constantly changing rules, maybe specific conditions on top of what Codex Arena provided. Make it shift every 3 or 7 days.

Speaking in terms of new competitive mode, after what happened (or not happened) with Stronghold and completly abandoning it by ArenaNet during the Beta I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Maybe something close to conquest, like Payload from Overwatch, at best.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Honestly with how current PVP skillset , rules and other UI stuffs. With how Stronghold did in PVP.

A-net going to rework or create a new game. Cause You can’t really do anything with balance at current state while it affecting PVE and WvW .

New PvP gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravelli.8159

Ravelli.8159

Since I left Guild Wars 2 PvPĀ“cause of lack of different game modes, I can only support the idea of this thread.
It would be really cool to see a 1v1 game mode with special map therefore ( as its the only competitive game mode atm , cause the only competitions are the weekly 1v1 and 2v2),
so I also suggest a 2v2 game mode. It kinda sucks when u need to wait for your friends to 1v1 or 2v2 and are not capable to do so in a special game mode.