K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

Must PvE for PvP rewards. ugh

maybe rewards will be separated in more categories, not only for overall achi score…

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

what
the
kitten

Is this just to make the pve kids who whine about their ugly gear when they pvp happy? god, some decisions in this game are beyond stupid.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

It says rewards to pvp skins… nothing about specifically NEW skins coming.

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

It makes no sense if the pvp armors could only be bought through achievements…achievements is pretty much a PVE thing.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I’d be happy if we could get gold with pvp, then.

Even if maybe then the Mists might get flooded.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Ovi.5473

Ovi.5473

This is so stupid, what are they thinking with achievement points? This is the PVP community, why do we have glory!? What is ANET doing seriously…

~Rank 80 Ranger/Warrior/Necromancer~
Leader of “I Radioactive I” [dK]
Leader of “U R The Future Charity” [URTF]

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Awesome. There needed to be a connection between PvE and PvP. Currently both aspects of the game are mutually exclusive, even though skills etc are shared across the entire game. PvP players want skills boosted and nerfed accordingly without caring how it affects PvE. New players to PvP get starter skins which puts a big shining target on them as “Likely an easy kill.” As your rank increases, so does the demands to reach the next level..that gives enough incentive that if you can choose between a player in Arah gear or starter gear, why not go for the newbie first and take the easier points? There needed to be a connection. I do truly hope PvE achievements give benefits to appearances etc in PvP.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

You don’t HAVE to do PvE to get these skins. You do get achievement points from PvP. You just will get them faster if you do both… just like PvErs will get them faster if THEY do PvP dailys too.

I fail to see what all the huff n puff is about, it’s just skins.

[LR] Siric

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

redslion.9675

Awesome. There needed to be a connection between PvE and PvP. Currently both aspects of the game are mutually exclusive, even though skills etc are shared across the entire game. PvP players want skills boosted and nerfed accordingly without caring how it affects PvE. New players to PvP get starter skins which puts a big shining target on them as “Likely an easy kill.” As your rank increases, so does the demands to reach the next level..that gives enough incentive that if you can choose between a player in Arah gear or starter gear, why not go for the newbie first and take the easier points? There needed to be a connection. I do truly hope PvE achievements give benefits to appearances etc in PvP.

Actually, the target tells me: “be gentle with them, they are new”. What’s the fun in ganking an unexperienced player?

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I’m just excited at the opportunity to acquire more glory boosters, yeah! Can’t get enough of that glory, oh yea! Gotta get more glory, oh yeah!

Apparently 250+ stacks of glory booster, tiger finishers, and tiger tokens sitting around isn’t enough already.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Actually, the target tells me: “be gentle with them, they are new”. What’s the fun in ganking an unexperienced player?

You really would be gentle in tourmanet with some player ?! I wont!

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

I’m just excited at the opportunity to acquire more glory boosters, yeah! Can’t get enough of that glory, oh yea! Gotta get more glory, oh yeah!

Apparently 250+ stacks of glory booster, tiger finishers, and tiger tokens sitting around isn’t enough already.

lol ,nice one !

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Dreamer.8753

Dreamer.8753

You don’t HAVE to do PvE to get these skins. You do get achievement points from PvP. You just will get them faster if you do both… just like PvErs will get them faster if THEY do PvP dailys too.

SIRIC the pro PvE and PvP player, thx for teaching me I never know

Versaint is Crying
Undercoverism [UC] Best Retired Mesmer, learning S/D thief

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Yeah, PvP achievements…

r53, 4417 games played, 813 PvP achievement points, out of 6k+ total I got.
I feel the chance of getting skins through PvP achievements only is… zero.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Kuju.2153

I would like to think the skins are being put in for pvp players, but its more than likely put in for pve players to be able to obtain cool omg skins, and get them to do some spvp. We’ll be able to tell by the value needed; interesting that will be.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

It pleases me that Anet has the resources to guarantee a major pve content release every 14 days.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

ahahahahahahahahaha

ANet trolls its player base again!
Did you guys expect anything different?

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Can we get some clarification is this is a new achievement system. As in we will be rewarded pvp achievement points for pvp.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

People like to complain

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Adam.6047

Adam.6047

As soon as I saw this I laughed hysterically. Why is it that PvE players are consistently rewarded and PvP players are left to being rewarded with self satisfaction. This patch if anything is simply increasing the disparity between PvP players and PvE players. Lets give more rewards to the PvE players and force PvP players to PvE in order to get PvP skins. Nice logic.

Captain of Team Pugging – destroyed ESL with scrubs

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You Sir, are a nice guy. Unfortunately a lot of people aren’t and just want the rank increase sooner rather than later.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Well, them achievements can go ki§§ my a§§. :P

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

redslion.9675

You really would be gentle in tourmanet with some player ?! I wont!

Hotjoin is not tournament. In tournament, if not honorable fights happen, first I kill, then I apologize for the enemy’s unfortunate death.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Must PvE for PvP rewards. ugh

Why i am not surprised? Next time make us reach pve 80 for being able to go pvp…at this point…why not? God this guys are idiots…

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

“Play the way you want and earn powerful rewards as you do so!”

This gave me some hope, so I’ll wait untill it’s released before complaining.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Archaon.6245

“Play the way you want and earn powerful rewards as you do so!”

This gave me some hope, so I’ll wait untill it’s released before complaining.

So i’m not the only one who read that on release…

Dev’s answer is actually needed i guess, why did you write something and you did the opposite forcing us to go pve in order to get pvp stuff? Cough cough..gems…cough..custom arenas kits…cough cough..

….anyone? JS? Karl? I’m looking @ you…..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I just hope we get more armor as in chestpiece and legpiece, boots and gloves.

Theres enough weapon skins out there and I found the one I like but im not satisfied with how I look.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

Safe to assume that pvp skins will be unlocked by pvp achievements, rendering all this QQing useless.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Lol, this.
PVPers still have armor skins that are accessible nowhere else in the game. Until that changes? Shaddap.
/waits for rage

Hoopa doopa.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Go home…you’re drunk..

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Right, because winning 10,000 tournaments is an effective way to gain Achievement Points.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

what
the
kitten

Is this just to make the pve kids who whine about their ugly gear when they pvp happy? god, some decisions in this game are beyond stupid.

I’m the PvE kid and I agree. Even Twilight is better love story, than Anet & PvP community relationship XD

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Safe to assume that pvp skins will be unlocked by pvp achievements, rendering all this QQing useless.

Safe to assume? Have you been playing the same game that we’ve been playing?

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

more than I should.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

more than I should.

Obviously not. lol

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

At no point did they say you had to do PvE to get these skins. Heck, thry didn’t even say you need X amount of points to unlock X skin.

For all we know, they could be unique PvP skins awarded with unique achievements, like 1000 tournament kills etc.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Kuju.2153

At no point did they say you had to do PvE to get these skins. Heck, thry didn’t even say you need X amount of points to unlock X skin.

For all we know, they could be unique PvP skins awarded with unique achievements, like 1000 tournament kills etc.

Looks like wishful thinking once again. Part of me wanted to agree with you, though.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

grrrr why cant they do something like that??

it would be so nice to have some level of prestige back in the mists. The closest thing we have now is having a “champion x” title on of a different class your not currently playing… lol

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

so now the patch is out, sorry if i missed anything, but i don’t recall reading anything about nwe skins in PvP? or are the Zenith weapons unlocked using APs the new skins and we can use them in PvP as well?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

so now the patch is out, sorry if i missed anything, but i don’t recall reading anything about nwe skins in PvP? or are the Zenith weapons unlocked using APs the new skins and we can use them in PvP as well?

It would be the latter, but nobody has access to them atm since chests are made available every Daily reset (they will start showing up tomorrow)

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

aye to get more achievements you need to do pve, I assume this is a push to get pve players into pvp by rewarding pve players that have a lot of achievements completed.

New PvP skins incoming

in PvP

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

can’t wait for next SOTG and complaints.

Attachments: