New Reward System...when...?

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Title says it all

This has been talked to the death since day 1, last year. The developers have posted several times how the new system will be awesome and how they cannot talk too much about it

Well?

It has been seriously an year. Are you finally allowed to leak a small bit of information, just to prove you actually are working on it?

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Title says it all

This has been talked to the death since day 1, last year. The developers have posted several times how the new system will be awesome and how they cannot talk too much about it

Well?

It has been seriously an year. Are you finally allowed to leak a small bit of information, just to prove you actually are working on it?

When it’s ready………..

rofl

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Sometime after the new year or very late in the year. I am just waiting for them to confirm this that important quality of life fixes will not be for another two months or more and then I will be quiting this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

new pvp reward system with a broken matchmaking , broken leaderboard etc.? no thanks. fix the matchmaking and leaderboard problems first before launching the new reward system.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

new pvp reward system with a broken matchmaking , broken leaderboard etc.? no thanks. fix the matchmaking and leaderboard problems first before launching the new reward system.

how will we have a complete matchmaking system when even the majority of GW2 playerbase don’t play PvP?

Incentives

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

You’ll see changes to rewards in general come in a number of different phases/steps to the PvP system. Our goal is to get the base core reward updates out by the end of this year, but it’s going to come right down to the wire for testing, engineering and localization so we can’t promise, that’s just our target.

We’ll go into greater detail on larger systems beyond the basics in January as part of the state of the game blog so you know what we’re building towards, we’re still early into testing and development to go into too many details.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Colin can we have some information about PvP exclusive armor/weapons being rolled out in these rewards’ improvements?

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

How hard is it to make rewards for pvp? Just add few exclusive skins we can buy with glory since thats good for nothing right now why do we have to wait a months for rewards when pve gets it every 2 weeks…. You are not going to have any pvp players left by then. Just saying…..

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in PvP

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

How hard is it to make rewards for pvp? Just add few exclusive skins we can buy with glory since thats good for nothing right now why do we have to wait a months for rewards when pve gets it every 2 weeks…. You are not going to have any pvp players left by then. Just saying…..

We want to totally revamp the way rewards and PvP interact with the entire game, what you’re suggesting is relatively easy, but in the long run not what we think fundamentally will solve the core issue with PvP. We’re working on comprehensive fixes to help bring PvP and the sense of more reward more in with the rest of the game, rather than apply band-aids on a system we don’t really like anyway.

As for the skins, absolutely that’s one of things we’re discussing.

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

That’s good to hear

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

The problem is that right now there is 0 incentive waiting months for a pvp reward system means more and more players are just going to leave and pvp scene will become smaller and smaller. We need something to do in pvp till the actual patch comes. Even if there are minimal amount of skins released it would give us something to do in pvp rather than just hotjoin or tourney against teams that are inexperienced or the same team over and over again.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

Our goal is to get the base core reward updates out by the end of this year, but it’s going to come right down to the wire for testing, engineering and localization so we can’t promise, that’s just our target..

Thanks for this. I appreciate you sharing a general timeframe with us, even if you end up falling short of your target.

in PvP

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

We want to totally revamp the way rewards and PvP interact with the entire game

This sounds interesting, wonder how far they are going to go with the “revamp”. However, if this is anything like the past, it might take more than a year for us to see something like this.

We have been promised a more meaningful reward system in sPvP for almost a year now. And we kept being strung along. So I will believe it when I see it.

But thanks for the update Colin, really appreciate it.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Well I rather it done right then fast. The year is almost up anyways, it’s already mid October. I mean there’s only going to be five more updates until the end of the year, maybe less with the holidays.

As long as the balance is good, I think we can survive a few more weeks.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

the Problem is it was promised january to be released start of the second part of this year. and now u talk about basics at the end of the year or next january.

a big step or improvement even if its only temp would be a gold reward and eventskins to be in tourneychests. that alone would be a big step in the right direction and help pvp.

the magicfind-thing on pve-daily should also be in pvp-daily.

the next problem is u guys should start to tell us what ur plans are. some dont accumulate glory and spent it on crafting dyes to get at least some gold and they would be freakin if in the new reward system glory could be better spend.

your big problem is that from the get-go nobody was thinking about pvp and now your revamp takes to long and you are unwilling to make little improvements to stop the flooting of player

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

i feel like black lion keys gonna drop from pvp

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

You’ll see changes to rewards in general come in a number of different phases/steps to the PvP system. Our goal is to get the base core reward updates out by the end of this year, but it’s going to come right down to the wire for testing, engineering and localization so we can’t promise, that’s just our target.

We’ll go into greater detail on larger systems beyond the basics in January as part of the state of the game blog so you know what we’re building towards, we’re still early into testing and development to go into too many details.

I’m hoping this means part of the change will include the ability to wear the skins earned in Spvp in the rest of the game. I’ve always thought that would be a win-win for Anet, as a lot of people only Spvp most of their time in game, and it sucks going into WvW/PvE and having your character looking like crap, because you don’t want to spend the time needed to gain the skins there (gold, dungeons, crafting, etc.). So, this would maybe “cross pollinate” more folks from PvE into Spvp & vice versa. Yes, other changes are needed for Spvp to grow, but this would only help.

The rest of the changes should gear towards having more exclusive skins for Spvp, and
of course more/better ways to use glory, and having less worthless items taking up inventory space (rank tokens, arcane orbs, glory boosters – which would be fixed by having uses for glory).

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

<Golf Clap>

Thanks for the direct answer. Always nice to see someone grab the question and nail it. Whether or not people like the answer doesn’t matter. You put it to bed.

in PvP

hooma.9642

<Golf Clap>

Thanks for the direct answer. Always nice to see someone grab the question and nail it. Whether or not people like the answer doesn’t matter. You put it to bed.

maybe i missed something but actual he said nothing except maybe end of the year we get “CORE” things and maybe new infos next year.. so why are u clapping?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

We want to totally revamp the way rewards and PvP interact with the entire game, what you’re suggesting is relatively easy, but in the long run not what we think fundamentally will solve the core issue with PvP. We’re working on comprehensive fixes to help bring PvP and the sense of more reward more in with the rest of the game, rather than apply band-aids on a system we don’t really like anyway.

It’s at minimum a bit encouraging to hear you guys don’t like the current system and want to overhaul it. I want an email when you guys are done so I can come back.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I completely understand where you’re coming from with this.

However, I truly believe pvp REALLY needs a bandaid ASAP. Even if it’s just something small by putting 1g in tournament chests, I think we’re at the point where we need some small glimmer of hope outside of “when it’s ready”.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Fix solo que to match professions and ranks evenly, that’s all they need to bring players in. Carrots on sticks are for casuals..

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

How about zaishen keys and when you open the chest you get prompted to choose pve or pvp items.

Or reward us gems, or gold, seriously we need some way to make cash to make pvp rewards appealing as they are in pve.

Can we stop with the whole split between rewards and go back to the friendly GW1 system?

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in PvP

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

the Problem is it was promised january to be released start of the second part of this year. and now u talk about basics at the end of the year or next january.

I think it’s totally reasonable to say you’d like to see progress faster, and no shocker so would we! We all play PvP all the time too, and want everything done as quickly as possible, folks are working very long hours to try and accomplish just that.

However, what’s not ok is saying stuff like we “promised in jan” we would have new rewards this year. In January, we said we would be doing custom arenas, leader boards, and spectator mode. We did all of those things.

In July, we said we’re going to do a tournament at PAX, have separate solo and team queues for PvP, add ways to get you progressing towards legendaries in PvP, and updating the reward systems for PvP. We’ve accomplished half of those goals already, and hope to have made some real progress towards rewards/legendaries before the end of the year, which still has 2 months to go. In working on rewards, we decided we wanted to do something that’s very work intensive and much cooler for PvP players, so not all of it will be done this year.

Anyway I just want to call this out that having expectations, and providing critical feedback is fantastic, it’s how we all grow and make a better game together. But if we’re going to take the time to try and communicate and, it’s only fair you take the time to properly represent what we’ve said when criticizing it.

in PvP

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Also just wanted to add, keep the suggestions coming, we’re always listening for great ideas on way to improve rewards, and we’ve read all the threads you guys have put together so far!

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

My favorite update you guys made so far (not that the other QOL changes haven’t been great as well) has been probably one of the simplest and that involved adding finishers earned from PvP rank into WvW. Changes like this are awesome and give players like myself more than enough reason to hop into PvP; play a while, and keep a PvX approach to GW2 going! +1 for this implementation and I really look forward to continued changes that hopefully keep bridging the gap between PvP/PvE (WvW) rewards!

** Edit ** - To add more; unique rewards to each specific type of play is also important, but what these cross-play-style-rewards do is incentivize specific communities to check out other areas of GW2 they may not have otherwise been interested in.

(edited by docMed.7692)

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

Unless you reset everyones rank to 0 which i know you will not do, you are just going to reward those that farmed rank… hense why this game is dying. Nothing to look forward to.

And on top of that. Everytime a dev posts its always we dont want to give to much detail or when its ready. Seriously there are games in BETA that give the player more detail then this game when they are trying to fix something. I can name 3 THREE off the top of my head that have done this. SMITE even goes as far as to have a dev READ the patch notes on twitch and EXPLAIN exactly WHY they did what they did.. You all do not do ANYTHING close to this. We are in the dark. Its as if this is some top top secret thing that is going to totally revolutionize the way the pvp is in this game.. Its not.

If you want players back Colin you need to keep us in the light. NOT IN THE DARK!

But again we will see it when it is ready right?

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Colin, thanks for your info. It’s great to see devs working on improving the game and not just by adding band-aid fixes. To be quite frank (and I know I’ll be stoned for this) but I quit the game back in October of last year and I’ve recently come back to play here and there and so far it’s been extremely pleasant doing sPvP, much more than it was at release. Solo Q and other improvements have really made it that much more fun (only downside being Skyhammer to be honest..) Looking forward to the other improvements.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in PvP

Lux.7169

In working on rewards, we decided we wanted to do something that’s very work intensive and much cooler for PvP players

I think this quote alone will give me enough drive to continue PvPing in hopes that this revamp is going to be truly something special.

Honestly, I can’t wait to hear what we should be looking forward to (although I realize it is too early for that).

Seriously, your feedback to the community on these issues has an extraordinary impact on players like me. Especially in the absence of notable changes, it is good to know where the pvp dev-team’s intentions are.

Thank you for at least communicating with us about this.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

i feel like black lion keys gonna drop from pvp

Oh my god! This! This! This!

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Colin, thanks for your info. It’s great to see devs working on improving the game and not just by adding band-aid fixes. To be quite frank (and I know I’ll be stoned for this) but I quit the game back in October of last year and I’ve recently come back to play here and there and so far it’s been extremely pleasant doing sPvP, much more than it was at release. Solo Q and other improvements have really made it that much more fun (only downside being Skyhammer to be honest..) Looking forward to the other improvements.

I feel the same way. There is a small number of forum ghosts insisting everything is terrible, but in reality there’s a ton of great stuff going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

However, what’s not ok is saying stuff like we “promised in jan” we would have new rewards this year. In January, we said we would be doing custom arenas, leader boards, and spectator mode. We did all of those things.

If anyone wants to read about the Jan promises they are talking about, this should clear things up.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/GW2-January-PvP-Promise-BROKEN/first#post3004095

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Why should a PvE player have to play in PvP to earn a PvE skin? If someone doesn’t want to PvP, why would you make them do it to obtain a PvE skin?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Why should a PvE player have to play in PvP to earn a PvE skin? If someone doesn’t want to PvP, why would you make them do it to obtain a PvE skin?

Why should a PvP player have to play PvE to earn Gems?
Espescially why should a PvP player have to play PvE (for Gems) in order to buy a Custom Arena?
Why isn’t it even possbile for PvP players to get almost any cool skin, which is availbable in PvE?
Why should a PvP player have to play PvE if he wants to get the Skins optained through Achievement points?
PvE player have so many advantages compared to PvP players, you shouldnt start complaining, if it gets mentioned that maybe there will be Skins excluively obtained by doing PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I think it’s totally reasonable to say you’d like to see progress faster, and no shocker so would we! We all play PvP all the time too, and want everything done as quickly as possible, folks are working very long hours to try and accomplish just that.

In July, we said we’re going to do a tournament at PAX, have separate solo and team queues for PvP, add ways to get you progressing towards legendaries in PvP, and updating the reward systems for PvP. We’ve accomplished half of those goals already, and hope to have made some real progress towards rewards/legendaries before the end of the year, which still has 2 months to go. In working on rewards, we decided we wanted to do something that’s very work intensive and much cooler for PvP players, so not all of it will be done this year.

Anyway I just want to call this out that having expectations, and providing critical feedback is fantastic, it’s how we all grow and make a better game together. But if we’re going to take the time to try and communicate and, it’s only fair you take the time to properly represent what we’ve said when criticizing it.

Here is a Suggestion Colin,

Place a Vendor in the Heart of the Mists that sells weapon skins, Shoulder skins and Head skins. These skins should have a minimum Rank requirement, Every 5 Ranks ppl would be able to buy new skins using glory.

If you decide do add some gold earning though PvP (all pure pvp players would be happy with that) the vendor would sell the skins for glory plus gold, this way there would be a glory and gold sink in PvP.

About you guys playing pvp all the time… I Believe SOME of you might, If all played pvp regularly it would not be in the state it is balance wise.

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

It is because most players will only play a game mode (PvE / PvP / WvW) if they feel there are rewards for it that they can show to their friends.
Doing this would revitalise the PvP with an influx of PvE players, by making the skins unique to PvP.

Also, going from PvE to PvP provides you with “prestige” advantage (with gold, you can buy dyes, armors skins, gems all usable in PvP).
Going from PvP to PvE leaves you with nothing to use (except maybe dyes). Also, by playing PvP only, you do not have access to living story skins – yet these skins are usable in PvP.
Is this normal? You tell me, I don’t have any particular opinion on this.

Ultimately, it will still be the choice of PvE players to attempt to get that skin or not. If you don’t like the dungeon Ascalon Catacombs, you are still forced to complete the dungeon to get the skins.

(edited by Flamfloz.6732)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

And THIS is why they cant give us Timelines … the people going kitten mode when fail

seriously guys … stop this

they work on it and someday it will be done

use this energy you guyz wasting here for bashing on dead things for feedback and ideas …. maby some good things will come out from nowhere and it helps to make a super cool system for us all

and dont bring the “but look in the forum there are over9000 sugesstions bah bah bah” – be creative and usefull and stop being so gw2guru

thx^^

@Colin
please read this thread when working on REWARDS
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Survey-Do-you-want-more-PvP-achievements/page/3#post2779503
there are som rly cool ideas in

and another idea from ME^^
characters become a cool star on nameplate in pve/wvw when have world complete
maby you can bring with this more symbols like medals in different colours for some cool pvp archievments to show the world what i have done in pvp?^^

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

I think this quote alone will give me enough drive to continue PvPing in hopes that this revamp is going to be truly something special.

Honestly, I can’t wait to hear what we should be looking forward to (although I realize it is too early for that).

It’s to early? Players r begging for this since year and it’s still to early? They should have given some accurate details by now. Atm, I don’t know what actually I am waiting for. If I did, at least some, I would know that it’s worth my time spent. The most exciting thing to come for me r legendaries, coz I’d love to use Sunrise or Twillight on my mesm and Incinerator’s od thief (y, I’m still oldschool d/d bacstabber). I really would like to know if I can make it right away – to reward my over 1year time spent in pvp – or not. There’s little hope in me that I will be able to but we will see.

Rewards r important, playing for example 3-4h, some winning some loosing, doing this daily/few times a week since months is not so much fun anymore. It’s a bit boring already, although more FPS like active combat system is great. I feel unrewarded for my time spent (while my friend in pve, who left pvp in december got already 5 legends, and he started from nothing, true from 0 to hero) while I got my skills, few armors and bear finisher (earned hard in tpvp not kittenin’ skyhammer farm).

If the new reward system will fail, I’m out, not going to wait more months for improvements… Not to mention there should be much hot-fixes to some skills/traits, added template system etc, but nvm, this is about rewards.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Lux.7169

It’s to early? Players r begging for this since year and it’s still to early? They should have given some accurate details by now. Atm, I don’t know what actually I am waiting for. If I did, at least some, I would know that it’s worth my time spent. The most exciting thing to come for me r legendaries, coz I’d love to use Sunrise or Twillight on my mesm and Incinerator’s od thief (y, I’m still oldschool d/d bacstabber). I really would like to know if I can make it right away – to reward my over 1year time spent in pvp – or not. There’s little hope in me that I will be able to but we will see.

Rewards r important, playing for example 3-4h, some winning some loosing, doing this daily/few times a week since months is not so much fun anymore. It’s a bit boring already, although more FPS like active combat system is great. I feel unrewarded for my time spent (while my friend in pve, who left pvp in december got already 5 legends, and he started from nothing, true from 0 to hero) while I got my skills, few armors and bear finisher (earned hard in tpvp not kittenin’ skyhammer farm).

If the new reward system will fail, I’m out, not going to wait more months for improvements… Not to mention there should be much hot-fixes to some skills/traits, added template system etc, but nvm, this is about rewards.

Of course it’s too early, otherwise they would have told us info.

Does that mean I think it SHOULD be too early? Absolutely not, I wish as much as anyone else here that we could have ANY info on it outside of what they’ve already told us. Am I not allowed to express my gratitude that they’re even talking to us about this? If you check my post history I’ve been an extremely strong advocate of an updated and completely revamped reward system.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Really, you’ve had a year and… seems like a long time for such a small fix.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Why not allowed? Of course U are.

Thinking of Sunrise or dual Bolt on my mes gives me hoep for the future :S

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

and another idea from ME^^
characters become a cool star on nameplate in pve/wvw when have world complete
maby you can bring with this more symbols like medals in different colours for some cool pvp archievments to show the world what i have done in pvp?^^

thats cool i like it but First the rank from SH farmers must be rolled back. Otherwise it is meaningless…

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

thats cool i like it but First the rank from SH farmers must be rolled back. Otherwise it is meaningless…

would be much better if rank doesnt matter, only rating from rated matches, no hot join…

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Volrath maby its not based on rank

can be something like tournaments matches won or leaderboard ranks (but this with high decay)

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

@Volrath maby its not based on rank

can be something like tournaments matches won or leaderboard ranks (but this with high decay)

what you mean by decay? in all games, when you unlock some reward tied to rating, you can use it forever = no decay needed, would be quite stupid to take away gear from someone when he lose a game

but maybe this is the point where we need seasons

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I hope Anet knows they will have to come up with a system that rewards people who actually played pvp instead of farming glory in skyhammer.
I already hate them being rank 60+ in a month time where others had to play pvp for a year.. Don’t reward them even more for it, Please! ANET ._.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

What have you done since 6 weeks before PAX? Sorry but that is the wrong January for such updates…
My gosh grow some balls and tell your management that you need money and resources for pvp otherwise everything you do is for the trash bin because no one is playing anymore – oh wait – competitive scene is still active….bwhaha

I may sound mad but actually its just pure disappointment about how was promised and how it ended up.

(edited by HPLT.7132)

in PvP

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Come on guys, they don´t need to tell you anything if they don´t want to.
Every information they give to us is a little gift.
Nobody of us has a right to judge about their behavior.
You bought a game and not the company.

You like the game? – Play!

You don´t like the game in it´s current state? – Get out and do something else, you don´t pay a monthly fee. Hop back in when something has changed.

With best regards,

Shino

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in PvP

hooma.9642

actual its not true. go back and watch the state of the game vids. u promised reward overhaul for second part of this year. yeah i know this year isnt over, but reading that will maybe start to talk about changes next year is far to much patience.

all the other stuff u mentioned are corefeatures that should be ingame from the start and arent working correct. u needed so long to time to deliver broken features? is this rome 2?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Lol, January I guess im done with this game. Nothing but sky high promises in the future. You fools can continue to get strung along to your hearts content though. They mention two months ago they were working on a lot of this stuff. So we have 5+ month time frames to fix important pvp quality of life issues. You guys are suckers.