New Upcoming Map (Skyhammer) 9th July

in PvP

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Jump into the new Skyhammer map, a high-tech asura lab packed with jump pads, shattering floor panels, and one gigantic mega cannon. Battle for control of three capture points, turn the mega cannon’s power against your foes, and be sure to watch where you step!

Boom, new PvP map with lazor cannons that be firing.
Discuss.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

The map design looks good but more capture points sigh , i wish we could just get the maps we have sorted n guild leaderboards/solo/leaderboards fixed , first

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Very cool movie again. Hope it’ll be fun. QQ inc about small nodes though.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

At a glance it looks like Z-Axis mobility might be at a real premium on this map. Could be interesting.

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

Looks really nice. Glad it’s not a bookah map!

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Ugh jump pads. Those things are straight up abysmal if you have high latency, and that’s in pve. I will literally never be able to play this map. GG.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

Ugh jump pads. Those things are straight up abysmal if you have high latency, and that’s in pve. I will literally never be able to play this map. GG.

I was rubberbanding on the dragon ball ones while under 100ms..

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Yes, I has terrible experience with Dragon Bash Map Thanks to High Latency, GG…

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

nicenice

moar content

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

shattering floor panels

Well i better get ready my slows then !

Edit: Aha they are on the floor
And i thought there will be some floatings ones :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Capture again? Nty.

in PvP

Posted by: MistLeague.9847

MistLeague.9847

Looking forward to it! ~

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Looks very nice. Can’t wait to try it out.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So it’s not the map with the Trebuchet someone extracted from the game files some time ago? Or is this the map and the Trebuchet icon just did mean something differen(in this case that super cannon)?

Too bad this surely will be hotjoin for a long time until tested enough to bring it in tournament since they don’t like to bring new maps in tournaments…

I hope this will make it into tournaments – together with Spirit Watch again.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

the map looks really good. The colors are very vibrance, especially compared to the original three maps. I wonder if they took the few advice for better map colors and vibrancy to heart. It kind of looks like something out of a first-person shooter game. Kind of reminds me of quake Arena or unreal tournament.

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Looks a lot of fun can’t wait to try it out! Also a beautiful looking map very asura!

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

I like that is has tech theme. Was too much country/wilderness scenery in earlier maps.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Looks like they’re getting better.
Hope this map is the best one yet.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I know Im thrilled to have a new map. Because a new map is more important then silly things like solo queue, leader board decay, real warrior fixes, more game modes, and increased pvp rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I know Im thrilled to have a new map. Because a new map is more important then silly things like solo queue, leader board decay, real warrior fixes, more game modes, and increased pvp rewards.

All of them are important, so it’s good that anet is working on all of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Jump pads in PvP … how absolutely lame / stupid. WAY too many places to hide, and now ranged classes will have fun trolling and probably promote extremely nooby play (thank you hotjoin scoring) making the overall experience even worse.

Also, if you think thieves are annoying now, just imagine trying to chase one down who can teleport under a floor using S/D after you chased them up a panel, and they simply move the other way. Good times, amirite?

It’s going to be another gimmicky, extremely annoying map. I don’t even want to know how annoying it will be to have some super cannon wipe you off the map, either. Arenanet really doesn’t care what the playerbase is asking for. This should be a telltale sign that they’re too deeply rooted in their stupid ideas that this is somehow “the best” mode out there. GG Pride, please take over more.

Also, conquest mode, again! Yay … ! … Except not really.

Kitten this garbage. I won’t be around to play it, not for another couple months until the next balance patch comes out. Till then … well … I’m uninstalling this so I won’t be tempted to play boring, stale, frustrating bile that happens to be nothing but regurgitated feces.

in PvP

Posted by: umbra.2753

umbra.2753

so… seventh sad map “stay in the blue circle” it seems arena more knows nothing about pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The design and style looks brilliant…

but I 100% agree with 2 points made already:
1 ) Please, please, please give us something other than point capture. Ugh, so sick of this map type.
2 ) Jumping pads, while appearing to be awesome, are severely hindered by latency. This is one of the main reasons I have no interest in Dragon Ball.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

So it’s not the map with the Trebuchet someone extracted from the game files some time ago? Or is this the map and the Trebuchet icon just did mean something differen(in this case that super cannon)

“sky” “hammer”

compound word, likely referring the the giant boom stick of asura supremacy.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Looks good, small node map. Perfect for my kind of knockback build!
I wonder how the laser cannon works though, if its like a treb or what.

Nice to see rocket jumping in the video, brings me back quake memories. Quake is what started rocket jumps if you didn’t know.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s obviously a casual map, but it’s cool ArenaNet is OK with adding casual maps instead of hardcore, super serious maps all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

Capture points, jump pads, shattering floors, and a giant cannon. Sounds like mario cart meets Guildwars

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Edit: kittenmit the drink and the spelling mistakes ….

I would love to see in the next Conquest map the same Asura or even a Char theame .
Like a normal Conquest map , it should have 3 bases , but it also have 3 secondaries mechanics , that each spawn every 2 min .
By activating all mechanics (regadles if ur team get 1 or all of them( but ur team get points for capturing them )) activates the stracture-landscape defencive mechanics ( changing formats – shutting down Conqest) .
In this case u can expiriment with them Conquest/Deliver the Flag as u wanted .

(For Char Theme)Like when u start a character and the miniboss shows up , all actions are halted and the camera zoom out magnificent to show up the landscape and the boss .
The same could aply here showing each Wall moving like a puzzles , (or simply hearing boulders moving in the background could create the immersion too)

Or for Asura Theme , u activate a time travel machine where every destroyed wall and every machine are restored and factioning , narrowing the place in any shape and format u want

Like Spirit Watch , this map will go in waste , but it has to remind ppl , that things cannot work

Edit: I mean , by capturing all the 3 mechanics , automatically shuts down Conquest Mode and change it to a new format (anything u want to expirement)
By defending those 3 mechanics , u dont allow the transistion of modes and keep the conquest , but with more ppl defending those mechanics , ur team might loose a capture point .
In the case a enemy team consist only from bunkers and slow movement charatcers , u can force a <<change to format>> and <<gather points>> from an <<alternate mode>>

Edit 2: By changing <<Modes>> u also change the <<pace+feel>> of the game

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: EightyEs.5873

EightyEs.5873

Looks very cool, can’t wait! I hope this map will be in the tourney rotation.

[TBR] Team Bierrat | Elona Reach [DE]

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

What a fail… they already put this in tournament rotation… and still not Spirit Watch back…

I predict that this map will also get removed soon since it has never been tested in public and I’m sure people will find ways to play it so that others don’t like it at tournament.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Man, they’ve really got to stop with the conquest maps already and start instituting some other gametypes into the hotjoin to see how it plays out; let the game spread it’s wings a little bit more to see what we really got here. At least something where AoE facerolling into circles isn’t the meta, and then maybe some builds/classes (hrm, warrior) may be able to compete a little better.

How many posts do we need to see where it states watching/playing conquest is stale…..

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

When will they stop giving up conquest maps? We really need a new game type, not more conquest maps.

Capture the Flag? Deathmatch? Arena 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5? Seriously, the insistence on nothing but Conquest is getting old.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

Don’t worry guys, new achievement rewards on Tuesday.

/golfclap

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

What a fail… they already put this in tournament rotation… and still not Spirit Watch back…

I predict that this map will also get removed soon since it has never been tested in public and I’m sure people will find ways to play it so that others don’t like it at tournament.

Spirit Watch is worst map if you are playing some classes (pre patch necro for example), while other classes are too effective on it (guard,thief,ele) – so it leads for bad expirience for some players. I mean that most ppl dont want to change anything in they team and will do as much as possible to let everything in the current state.
Personally i dislike Spirit Watch and all other maps that were included to the game.
The classical 3 maps from old tpvp were the best and i like them (even if they had or still having some bugs).

Biggest problem with new modes everyone is asking is that game was not design to have them (i am talking about class balancing) and 1vs1 or 2vs2 arenas wont work, since main struct of gw2 is teamwork.

At least new map has no water xD

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Spirit Watch is worst map if you are playing some classes (pre patch necro for example), while other classes are too effective on it (guard,thief,ele) – so it leads for bad expirience for some players. I mean that most ppl dont want to change anything in they team and will do as much as possible to let everything in the current state.
Personally i dislike Spirit Watch and all other maps that were included to the game.
The classical 3 maps from old tpvp were the best and i like them (even if they had or still having some bugs).

Biggest problem with new modes everyone is asking is that game was not design to have them (i am talking about class balancing) and 1vs1 or 2vs2 arenas wont work, since main struct of gw2 is teamwork.

At least new map has no water xD

They won’t work? They would be fine. Just because a game is designed around teamwork doesn’t mean small scale battles wouldn’t work. I agree we don’t need a 1v1 arena, but 2v2 and up is fine.

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Anet needs to look at this thread. People are sick of conquest. It is a decent game mode but as the ONLY game mode it’s just getting boring. Please please please make the next map you guys make something other than conquest. I’m talking no capture nodes, make up something new. Just introduce it into hotjoin first as others have said….balance can come later once we see how it works out. Death match arena on a SMALL map would be amazing. 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

Anet needs to look at this thread. People are sick of conquest.

correction …

“the vocal majority of people who take the time to post on the official forums appear to be sick of conquest.”

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Capture points, jump pads, shattering floors, and a giant cannon. Sounds like mario cart meets Guildwars

Then they might as well make the map bgm sound like this…

Pineapples

in PvP

nakoda.4213

as if that wouldn’t rule.

in PvP

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

If you could knock people off the map then this is CC city….oooh the humanity

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

If you could knock people off the map then this is CC city….oooh the humanity

Seems that way. Because being not only downed, but killed entirely, by any class with knockback from being pushed into a hole is going to promote skill in this already fuster clucked game of spammable garbage.

Insert “I have no idea what I’m doing” meme and apply to Arenanet.

This trashy map better not be on tournament rotation. That shouldn’t matter to me, but really, I feel bad for all those serious tPvP’ers out there who try to take this game … seriously … when Arenanet feels as though they should take it upon themselves to make a gimmicky garbage map like this and then force players to play it without even letting them test it and give feedback! Pure … genius … sigh

Could they possibly care less? I suppose maybe … if they stopped making more maps. But then again, making gimmick maps like this while creating even more of a mess out of the balance of the game by adding more conditions to an already condition heavy Meta … I think I smell PvE interfering with PvP!

And they claim this game is “PvP oriented” ! Hah! This map is going to suck, hands down.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^Wauw, pretty harsh without even having played it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

just being harsh without facts is not a mature action..
I really want to play the new map..Still i dont expect something huge,every new map that came out in the past (Temple of the Silent Storm,Spirit Watch) even tho they had some interesting objectives they didnt changed the meta..They werent groundbreaking
Some will say a Sword/X-Greatsword Ranger had achieve this by being a build only viable in Spirit Watch and very effective in carrying the orb but everyone returned to BM Rangers eventually..Its kinda sad cause maybe strong secondary mechanics would make proffessions to take different builds and add some diversity in sPvP but i think Anet doesnt want proffessions to change builds depending on the map..They want a standar build with a different strategy i geuss
So it will be nice to play it but dont hold your breath

in PvP

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Dulfy has released an exclusive clip on his site about this new map one day before patch.

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/08/gw2-skyhammer-pvp-map-preview/

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

Is the patch today?

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

ohhhhhh shiet guyz another conquest map, this is it this is the map that will make all the ppl play pvp, cuz yeap so many ppl dont play spvp becouse of the lack of maps.

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it sounds like a lot of fun, and the preview gave me some nifty ideas about interesting uses, though it kinda forces people out of their builds for the sake of cheap deaths.

will be fun, but expect major QQ on the forums once it comes out.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

it will be interesting to see if my necro with no stability can do anything there.. slotting more stability skills and all

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

Jump pads were hell in dragonball, if they are the same in sky hammer then I will not enjoy rubberbanding all over the place.

Also being knocked back and instantly dying off the edge? Not looking forward to this.

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Actually looking forward to this one.

With that saikittenhe only one concerned about the cannon being slightly too OP? :/

~~Ayeres~~