New game mode, 1v1/ 3v3 arenas

in PvP

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Hey all,

After playing through a myriad of mmos, I was very surprised that there wasn’t anything similar to the small skirmishing arenas that most other games had.
Spvp and stronghold is alright, but I’m not exactly a huge fan of capturing and holding points. WvW duels and small scale fights are okay, but that’s not exactly the point of it.

I’m aware that 1v1 servers and guild hall arenas exist, but those are more of a community thing. Again, they don’t have any form of rewards and most guilds I’m in have turned them into custom jump puzzles.

What if this is made into a game mode, with its own reward tracks/ titles/ leaderboards. Basically first to eliminate the other player/ players in a best of 3 rounds with its own ranking and Spvp gear stats? It’d be entertaining to watch and far more straightforward for someone who just wants a fast and fair PVP fix.

Any thoughts?

Multiple Class Disorder

in PvP

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

Thoughts:

Suggestion Number 1094 for arenas.

I still don’t get why they can’t just make dueling a proper thing. It’s way more fun to watch/play than conquest pvp..

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

We have been asking for these since beta. This needs to happen for the game to grow. Limited game modes attract a limited player base.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Yea, I agree.

But we have been asking for 1v1, 3v3, RA and TA, since launch. But we got conquest and stronghold instead.

I really don’t know what their thinking,

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

1v1s is a disaster. A TEAM game should not be balanced around 1v1s.

2v2s or 3v3s would be nice though.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

3v3
Best of 3 rounds
5m limit per round

If time limit reaches
The health threshold between players on each team, as well as, most downed player(s) determines the victor. In other words, if one player’s health percentage is at 20% while everyone else stayed over 50%, that 20% player and his team loses as his health threshold was the lowest amongst the players.

The more fair version: Health average between 3 players on a team are calculated as one huge percent sign. The highest health alverage at the end of the time limit deems the winner.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

This needs to happen for the game to grow.

It’s a four year old MMO that isn’t WoW or EVE Online, it isn’t going to grow, regardless of what they change it will remain in the same overall trend of decline like 99% of MMOs do at this stage.

Limited game modes attract a limited player base.

You mean like the 65 million active players in LoL that for the most part have played the same game mode, even the same map…

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Wrong LoL offers 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5, 6 vs 6 with 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 being official. Furthermore, they offer fun modes on holidays or for special events (URF). They let you host custom arenas for free as well. Need I say more?

A major update where things Actually change for the better does bring players back. It is rare for game developers to change but when they do change for the better they bring allot of players into the game.

One good example. Vindictus was a fast growing game they didn’t listen to the player base and it died. They updated it added jumping and many other features and players returned. They removed jumping and other features, ruined the market and the game died again. Players play games that sell them what they want. If Gw2 wont sell it they would buy it. If they offer alternate game modes all the players seeking these will join for the prestige of 1 vs 1 ranks or 3 vs 3 ranks. Also IMO Balance should be centered around 1 vs 1 because often the strong classes at tpvp are also strong with their alternate builds in 1 vs 1. There is a strong correlation.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Wrong LoL offers 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5, 6 vs 6 with 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 being official.

Different team sizes aren’t different game modes, different game modes would be classic & dominion (which got dropped because barely anyone played it, like I said LOL got big on basically one game mode, and even largely one map).

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Wrong LoL offers 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5, 6 vs 6 with 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 being official.

Different team sizes aren’t different game modes, different game modes would be classic & dominion.

I understand, But even their LoL has much more to offer especially if you count special event game modes and custom arenas. There really is no comparison between gw2 and LoL pvp the thing that keeps me in Gw2 is the more customizable classes and flashy action combat really. If they added more game modes I probably wouldn’t play LoL again as gw2 would offer the same thing but more. (less prestige ofcourse with ranked).

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

the problem is anet isn’t trying to make pvp fun for anyone, they are still trying to make it into an esport. someone said it like this before

consider this: if fun was a goal of gw2 pvp, we would have:

soloq
tru tdm (that 1 map don’t count an u kno it)
dueling (at least in the hotm)
something (anything) to do while waiting on queue
random arena (gw1 style or similar)
other modes (2v2, 3v3 whatevs)
original hotjoin (8v8 10v10, something like alliance battles in gw1)
… prob forgetting something….

pt is, any or all of those things could add a level of fun for at least some people

rather than seeing any of these things, we see anet push esports and team queue for conquest

therefore, fun is not a part of the current goals/strategy for gw2 pvp

i suppose in anet’s def i could say they (re)added ability to queue outside of hotm, so now we do have something to do while in queue, altho it is not pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Boot.7368

Boot.7368

I’ve been asking for that since I started 4 years ago, took a 3 year break, came back, still asking for it pleeaaaseee listen to that man and introduce that game mode

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

They know they can’t have a 1v1 2v2 3v3 game mode when they don’t have the control over balance. So they made Stronghold instead.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Thoughts:

Suggestion Number 1094 for arenas.

I still don’t get why they can’t just make dueling a proper thing. It’s way more fun to watch/play than conquest pvp..

Because then they would have to balance around 1v1, which they don’t do by any capacity, and with how difficult they find it to balance team vs team, I wonder how successful they would be balancing both that AND 1v1’s. Right now, letting dueling exist as a solely community driven activity means they aren’t liable to balance it. The second they endorse it as an official game mode, they can be criticized for imbalance.

I mean if you haven’t noticed, some professions/setups have stark advantages against others and overall in dueling settings. They would first have to address this, but they know it’s incredibly difficult, so they wont.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

i don’t buy the argument that ‘well they’d have to balance 1v1’ for anything. gw2 was made for 5 man parties, rite? well they’d never make

• raids, i mean then they’d have to balance for 10-man content… wait..
  • a full commander system with dozens of peepio beucase they’d have to balance dozens… wait…
  • open world boss battles with unknown # of players… wait…

so to say, they’d not do X becuase of XvX balance… gtfo

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

i don’t buy the argument that ‘well they’d have to balance 1v1’ for anything. gw2 was made for 5 man parties, rite? well they’d never make

• a full commander system with dozens of peepio beucase they’d have to balance dozens… wait…

Yes and they all have one thing in common. They are teams.

Did I say 5 anywhere? I said teams. Teams as in, 3-50 or more. Hey even 2 people are a team. I honestly think 3v3 could work.

So yes, my point still stands, you just missed the point entirely. 1v1 is not Team. It’s individual play.

I would vastly prefer 1v1, I’m a mostly solo player. Thing is, 1v1 balance is different to team balance, because you can no longer say “This trait works this way because it is meant to be balanced around the fact there are more people other than you there.”

So kindly, gtfo.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Yes and they all have one thing in common. They are teams.

Did I say 5 anywhere? I said teams. Teams as in, 3-50 or more. Hey even 2 people are a team. I honestly think 3v3 could work.

So yes, my point still stands, you just missed the point entirely. 1v1 is not Team. It’s individual play.

I would vastly prefer 1v1, I’m a mostly solo player. Thing is, 1v1 balance is different to team balance, because you can no longer say “This trait works this way because it is meant to be balanced around the fact there are more people other than you there.”

So kindly, gtfo.

u are saying they can’t do 1v1 because ‘balance’. i am saying look at all the various team sizes that exist. they all basically use the same balance. and the balance has never been perfect in all of them, or prob even any of them. do u think they’ve never nerfed or buffed a skill because it was too strong 1v1?

using balance as an excuse not to create alternative methods of play in a game is jus that, an excuse. peepio are going to qq about balance always no matter what, and its never going to be perfect.

if 1v1 balance is so terrible that it all comes down to 1 class w/ 1 build, well in some ways thats the perfect balance. every skill and trait is the same. just player 1 v player 2 and who can use that class w/ that build better