New game mode is coming soon ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chromosome.7498

Chromosome.7498

Hi everybody,

And I’ve read, they test it on beta actually.

Then finaly, everybody saw the thread of Mr Chris Whiteside " Collaborative Development- Request for Topics " who ask to us, What do you want in the futur of GW2 sPvP ? And Game mode is the favorite of it (If my calculates is good xD).

Well, my question is simple : " New game mode is coming soon ? "

If not, " Can we have some information about this news modes ? "

And if you try more than one game mode, " Can you make a voting about what favorite mode people wanna see ? "

Thank you, hope go back soon in game.

(edited by Chromosome.7498)

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

1v1 Tourney’s. Loose once you’re out, win, keep going.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Posted by: Chromosome.7498

Chromosome.7498

1v1 ? just it ? :’(

in PvP

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

I hope they come out with a new competitive game mode that doesn’t require us to cap and control points on the map. I feel the game mode we have now they just doesn’t allow a lot of build diversity since people want to have sustain/tank to be able to hold point. I think adding in a new kind of objective game mode that maybe consists of the keep and lord on “legacy of foefire” map but have it much more refined and have small objectives that can give you an advantage but nothing to drastic. I think this would help more builds be able to be played since burst players don’t have to rely on trying to hold a point and position themselves better and not get punished for doing so.
Also with this kind of mode might help subside the condi meta since you will need more power damage to more effective on gates and other structures that may be implanted to help defensively or offensively.
Bunker builds will still be viable since they will be able to add pressure to players and even aggro the ones that aren’t all that smart. They can help protect objectives within the map and once your team has entered the enemy keep he/she will be able to keep pressure on enemy lord if rest of your team has downed . He/she can help keep pressure on the enemy lord so it doesn’t reset.

Within the map add some npcs to guard gates and players can maybe be able to control some point within the map to get mercenary npcs that will go and attack enemy players(of course these guys wouldn’t be all that strong but they would just add some pressure to the enemy).

I know this sounds pretty much how wvw is but i think its a good concept to bring to spvp with a smaller scale. Since with these kind of game play a lot more build diversity could be made.
Also this kind of mode it might help new players from wvw join in spvp.

Last thing i have to say is Arenanet really… needs to make a better tutorial for spvp… its pretty pathetic to what it is now and doesn’t really show new players how the game is played at all and having 8v8 matchs in hotjoin also does nothing to show new players how the game is really meant to be played… I really hope they improve upon this because it is needed… for new players to understand how to play the game.

This is just something that would be interesting to see in a new game mode.

(edited by vashio.6297)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I hope they come out with a new competitive game mode that doesn’t require us to cap and control points on the map. I feel the game mode we have now they just doesn’t allow a lot of build diversity since people want to have sustain/tank to be able to hold point. I think adding in a new kind of objective game mode that maybe consists of the keep and lord on “legacy of foefire” map but have it much more refined and have small objectives that can give you an advantage but nothing to drastic. I think this would help more builds be able to be played since burst players don’t have to rely on trying to hold a point and position themselves better and not get punished for doing so.
Also with this kind of mode might help subside the condi meta since you will need more power damage to more effective on gates and other structures that may be implanted to help defensively or offensively.
Bunker builds will still be viable since they will be able to add pressure to players and even aggro the ones that aren’t all that smart. They can help protect objectives within the map and once your team has entered the enemy keep he/she will be able to keep pressure on enemy lord if rest of your team has downed . He/she can help keep pressure on the enemy lord so it doesn’t reset.

Within the map add some npcs to guard gates and players can maybe be able to control some point within the map to get mercenary npcs that will go and attack enemy players(of course these guys wouldn’t be all that strong but they would just add some pressure to the enemy).

I know this sounds pretty much how wvw is but i think its a good concept to bring to spvp with a smaller scale. Since with these kind of game play a lot more build diversity could be made.
Also this kind of mode it might help new players from wvw join in spvp.

Last thing i have to say is Arenanet really… needs to make a better tutorial for spvp… its pretty pathetic to what it is now and doesn’t really show new players how the game is played at all and having 8v8 matchs in hotjoin also does nothing to show new players how the game is really meant to be played… I really hope they improve upon this because it is needed… for new players to understand how to play the game.

This is just something that would be interesting to see in a new game mode.

Yeah, both ideas above would be great.

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

seriously I don’t want to join a 1v1 tourney just to face fotm-class after fotm-class or some bunker-trolls… 1v1 is so ridiculously unbalanced, please don’t even consider making a new game-mode revolving around it. Just add duels or something.
What I’d love to see is either a classic capture the flag or maybe a 3v3 team deathmatch.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

seriously I don’t want to join a 1v1 tourney just to face fotm-class after fotm-class or some bunker-trolls… 1v1 is so ridiculously unbalanced, please don’t even consider making a new game-mode revolving around it. Just add duels or something.
What I’d love to see is either a classic capture the flag or maybe a 3v3 team deathmatch.

FOTM builds are only prevalent with node/team modes.

Leaaderboards and rankings are so skewed and conflicted that I would like to actually see real skill boards, not boards that rely on team play but rather individual player skill.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

If a 1v1 mode is added, PU Condi Mesmers will be the new meta.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

yes, there would just be new fotm classes/builds for 1v1

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

1v1 game mode would be awful, it’s completely impossible to balance 1v1 across 8 different classes at the same time you’re trying to balance for 5v5 and 8v8 game modes.

Anet would be suicidal to introduce a serious 1v1 or 2v2 game mode.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

Personaly I would love 1v1 Tourney’s, it would really narrow down skill and technique. Something the current boards and rankings dont really tell about, its one thing to have a really good 1v1 fight between two different players which purely relies on skill. Over fighting 1v1 than some other numbers come in and start helping or hindering, this takes away the actual skill that most players need to get better. If there was a 1v1 Tourney mode, I would never have a reason to do Solo Que again, by all means yall can have the zerging and doubelteaming. I would be completly satisfied by knowing how good or bad I am without help or hinderence.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

Personaly I would love 1v1 Tourney’s, it would really narrow down skill and technique. Something the current boards and rankings dont really tell about, its one thing to have a really good 1v1 fight between two different players which purely relies on skill. Over fighting 1v1 than some other numbers come in and start helping or hindering, this takes away the actual skill that most players need to get better. If there was a 1v1 Tourney mode, I would never have a reason to do Solo Que again, by all means yall can have the zerging and doubelteaming. I would be completly satisfied by knowing how good or bad I am without help or hinderence.

Honestly, you’d probably find 1v1 less balanced/skill-related than you would 5v5 conquest play at times, considering that this game mode isn’t balanced for 1v1. There are some builds on certain classes which are extremely strong 1v1, but aren’t popular/are kept out of the meta because they’re much less useful in teamfights/node capping.

#ELEtism

(edited by Zeon.8239)

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Honestly, you’d probably find 1v1 less balanced/skill-related than you would 5v5 conquest play at times, considering that this game mode isn’t balanced for 1v1. There are some builds on certain classes which are extremely strong 1v1, but aren’t popular/are kept out of the meta because they’re much less useful in teamfights/node capping.

Agreed, 1v1s are 75% build wars, 25% execution.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]