New game mode(s)!

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

’Ello frands! Vee Wee here retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Hello my frands! It’s me! Vee Wee retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! Don’t you guys think it’s time for a new game mode! How long do the people of Arenanet think we can stand conquest mode! Conquest mode was fun for the first 24 months but now we need more! 2v2 Arena, 3v3 Arena, 4v4 Arena, 5v5 Arena, GvG, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, and whatever else we can think of! It’s time to add at least one of these game modes! The world is your oyster Arenanet! If we add new game modes then PvP retired people like Vee Wee, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80, can PvP again!

PS If it were up to me, I’d add in arenas! Arenas are thuper fun and, along with Legendary Weapons, the true measure of PvP skill in this game!

Thanks for reading! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by Moderator)

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Yeah, but doing that would cause the game to flourish, that’s crazy talk.

Countless

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I only want capture points. I do not want any other game mode ever. It would not work in GW2.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

New game modes would be INCREDIBLE with this combat system.

New game modes would be TERRIBLE with the profession balance, which will NEVER be fixed in this game.

As bad as conquest is, it suppresses SOME of the cancerous specs prevalent in this game. If they supported something like 2v2 or 3v3 arenas, it would quickly devolve into perma-stealth thieves and PU mesmers vs. Minion-master necros + spirit rangers. Seeing as they are sticking to their schedule of (im)balance patches every 4-6 months, they will never get around to fixing this kind of cancer, which would be a necessity.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

New gamemodes were confirmed ages ago, so fear not, they are coming :P When they will actually implemented is a whole other business :)

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

i really hope they will give us something asap cause the game its become boring

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

’Ello frands! Vee Wee here retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Hello my frands! It’s me! Vee Wee retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! Don’t you guys think it’s time for a new game mode! How long do the people of Arenanet think we can stand conquest mode! Conquest mode was fun for the first 24 months but now we need more! 2v2 Arena, 3v3 Arena, 4v4 Arena, 5v5 Arena, GvG, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Nozi Zambies, and whatever else we can think of! It’s time to add at least one of these game modes! The world is your oyster Arenanet! If we add new game modes then PvP retired people like Vee Wee, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80, can PvP again!

PS If it were up to me, I’d add in arenas! Arenas are thuper fun and, along with Legendary Weapons, the true measure of PvP skill in this game!

Thanks for reading! Wahoo! Bye frands!

I fully agree.

I personally doesn’t think Conquest is all that fun, and it’s nowhere near capable of standing on it’s own as the only PvP game more, even though it’s a really good one.

I’d like a game mode that’s more focused on actual PvP combat, fair and square.
Something focused on your actual skill in killing other players, whilst assisting and synergizing with your teammates in combat.

The best fun I’ve had in this game is by far playing on the best Courtyard Dueling servers. 1v1 and 2v2 is immensely enjoyable to play. Although, these servers were far and few between, which made me finally take a break from the game, in lack of enjoyable things to do in the game.

By the way, I’m not confident that anything beyond 3v3 will work well enough, even with a bigger map.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydivEU.9670

infantrydivEU.9670

Livskis, have you learned nothing?

If, and that’s a BIG if, Arenanet added new game modes then people would play those game modes, instead of playing Skyhammer! Meaning Arenanet’s development on Skyhammer would be wasted!

This is why we shall never have new game modes.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This is probably one of the biggest mistakes they made. Yeah we have six maps each with a slightly different mechanic, however at the end of the day it’s still conquest. You can only throw so much fluff on conquest until players get bored.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

New gamemodes were confirmed ages ago, so fear not, they are coming :P When they will actually implemented is a whole other business

Awesome! That means that we will get them, but it will take forever.

Hopefully soon enough.

By the way, to all skeptical against adding new game modes, even if profession-imbalance would be fairly severe, we’d still have more than one game mode and it would still be incredible.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Arenanet is afraid of dividing the pvp community to different game modes.

The only problem is that this way they are dividing to pvp community to those who play pvp, and those who leave pvp. And those who are leaving pvp are getting more each day.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

PVP seriously needs new game modes. Another conquest map won’t do anything, we need new modes. I’m going to finish my current dungeon reward track and pretty much quit the game until there’s something new. I’d love there to be a 5v5 version of GW1’s GvG or even modes like GW1’s Fort Aspenwood battles. I’m not too keen on pure arenas because those get boring real quick to me.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Nothing is off the table.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Illustrious Fox.7196

Illustrious Fox.7196

Never going to happen.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

in december there was a dev speak, hey look we have all these new maps and game modes we are working on., maps for arena, GvG,…etc….6 months later, no news like Always…..

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

Come on now we all know that you must be brainwashed to Living story… PvP is pointless… -Loads up gw1 fort aspenwood-

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Samu.6325

Samu.6325

where’s the gvg? where’s the competitive of this game? is this guild wars or guild of living story? stop doing this living story and put some new game modes like the old guild wars

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

MOBA Type map that takes at least 20min upto 1hour+ for one match unless either one of team resigns. more reward absolutely becuz it takes more time than current capture the points type game.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They gave us Tdeathmatch on one badly designed map,you have to do it with that or wait another year or two for them come up with something new,by that time ive probably stopped playing this game all together.Tooltip updates and gemstore adds,living story is more important to update in their eyes.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

What a horribly annoying way to write. I agree that we need new game modes very soon.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Wait you want to ADD something fun to pvp?! That goes against core Anet principals.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

they should just turn off the capture nodes and turn every map into deathmatch.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Some information from the Devs would be nice. I would like to hear if they have a ‘plan’ for us or something like that.

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

The leak about new modes they are supposedly working on is from, what, last September?
Supposing they started last summer with that endeavour, it takes them as long to develop that new game mode as it takes Ubisoft to release a new AC or Activision a new CoD?

New game mode(s)!

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

<3 the third person.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.