New map: warior build: back Cap & tactics

in PvP

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

http://tinyurl.com/cw3k5b8

At start you pop rage, leap with sword 2 off ledge and shield bash and your at your point before anyone else.

You can also heal others and yourself with your shouts while curing conditions on you and them.

You have massive CC with hammer, and high survive ability and fast speed for getting those back points.

We ran 2 on back points and the rest on orb getting / killing.
Was this build and a bunker guardian. He would slowly come to my caps while id go pick up any of them that were taken. And i would pass though the orb area to heal my teammates while in route to wolf from bear or vice a versa.

This worked extremely well.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBeedon.6031

TheBeedon.6031

I don’t know enough about warriors to really comment intelligently, but I do want to say that I love how this new map and driving people to rethink the way they build. Good stuff.

Aypak – Anvil Rock NA
Officer of Warlords of Anvil Rock [WAR]

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Defektive-s-PvP-Hammer-Build-SkillCap-Edition-1/first#post1522515

I just saved you the hassle of learning that shouts are bad and giving you a much more refined build.

I run hammer/sword-warhorn in tPvP now and it works really well if you’re with a team of competent players.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

What’s this? Not a ride the lightning QQ post? Great job! More people should follow your steps and adapt.

in PvP

TheBeedon.6031

I just saved you the hassle of learning that shouts are bad and giving you a much more refined build.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is so bad about shouts?

Aypak – Anvil Rock NA

in PvP

Defektive.7283

There’s a number of reasons.

Mostly that shout healing is so minimal it’s basically not worth investing to heavily in – they scale horribly.

Then there’s the fact that you removed your option for Balanced Stance which is a necessary utility against any good team.

Then you invest so heavily in them trait wise, you’re basically walking around with sub par healing, easily CC-able and can’t do much else worth much of anything.

Overall, shout healing has been tried a number of times over the past 6 months, and everytime it has fallen flat exceptionally fast. It’s ok for HotJoins and bad tPvP teams, but once you fight competent teams it’s just so so bad.

I also prefer warhorn over shield and I have a great example of this. Yesterday night Hiba, Davinci and I were in a teamfight against Fuszion / Ruinz / Kontrol (I think).

Ruinz casted entangled, it hit all of us. I swapped out warhorn and got all of us out of his immobolize in under a second – allowing us to continue the teamfight and basically negating an elite.

Edit: I would like to add that the OP assumed that you can cure conditions on your teammates. Only shake it off does that, and it’s only 1 condition. The rune setup that does “Shouts remove conditions” only applies to you, not your teammates.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Edit: I would like to add that the OP assumed that you can cure conditions on your teammates. Only shake it off does that, and it’s only 1 condition. The rune setup that does “Shouts remove conditions” only applies to you, not your teammates.

Patch Notes
“Updated the Superior Rune of the Soldier’s sixth bonus to properly remove a condition from allies affected by the shout.”

Or was this not actually fixed?

in PvP

TheBeedon.6031

Patch Notes
“Updated the Superior Rune of the Soldier’s sixth bonus to properly remove a condition from allies affected by the shout.”

Pretty sure that was fixed. Was working for our guardian last night.

Aypak – Anvil Rock NA

in PvP

Defektive.7283

Patch Notes

Pretty sure that was fixed. Was working for our guardian last night.

Oh then maybe so. Just consider that most other classes have far more ways to remove condis consistently, that bringing more condi removal is just overlap and a waste.

And the ability to remove 3-4 conditions from teammates is grossly overshadowed by balanced stance, signet of stamina, frenzy and bulls charge.

After all that, factor in how going Shouts has completely crippled your damage output.

So now you are a ‘wannabe’ bunker, with a slow attack speed wet noodle, that can easily get CC’d, that also does negligible aoe healing.

A team would just be better off bringing a bunker ele with its higher AoE healing, higher uptime, more damage mitigation methods, and higher maneuverability + better damage than shout builds, and passive methods to remove condi’s.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: King James.2659

King James.2659

What’s this? Not a ride the lightning QQ post? Great job! More people should follow your steps and adapt.

Warriors aren’t the only ones that complain about this. The elementalist class is obviously OP atm. The RTL so called nerf is a joke. Warrior is the most UP class atm, Ele is def one of the top 2 OP classes. Pretty sure anyone has the right to complain.

Bam Bam

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

Defektive, thanks for your good work BUT warrior sucks in every respect. I run your build in tPvP and hotjoin, without a good team i was kitten in seconds. The new map is – from the viewpoint of a warrior – just a kinda horror-movie. You´ll be outclassed by simply positioning.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

Defektive, thanks for your good work BUT warrior sucks in every respect. I run your build in tPvP and hotjoin, without a good team i was kitten in seconds. The new map is – from the viewpoint of a warrior – just a kinda horror-movie. You´ll be outclassed by simply positioning.

No matter what build you are you’re going to get dumped on by the enemy team if you don’t have competent teammates. This goes for every class but say ele’s and mesmers.

I love the new map, and have been very successful on it – as a Warrior.

I provide important teamfight capabilities (almost 16 seconds of locking down an enemy) + 7k bursts of damage + high mobility. I can protect or stop an orb with AoE immobolizers, cripples, AoE stuns etc.

Warriors need help for sure, but this new map gave us more opportunities to shine.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Gotta agree with Defektive here. Also, his build is also just brutal for locking down an orb carrier when needed.

I’m also liking longbow builds on this map because of numerous terrain advantages and the root, which counters RTL.

Here’s a question though- Warhorn’s convert conditions to boons trait: Is that self or group applied? That might be an alternative to shout healing to try and fill a group support role.

in PvP

Brigg.6189

There’s also GS/Sw+WH for ultra mobility.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

Gotta agree with Defektive here. Also, his build is also just brutal for locking down an orb carrier when needed.

I’m also liking longbow builds on this map because of numerous terrain advantages and the root, which counters RTL.

Here’s a question though- Warhorn’s convert conditions to boons trait: Is that self or group applied? That might be an alternative to shout healing to try and fill a group support role.

I believe it’s self. But keep in mind that while Warrior Condi removal is really bad, thats not the same case for other classes. I originally made the build running the warhorn condi removal and quickly found that between Lyssa and Sig of Stamina, it wasn’t really needed and didnt provide enough substantial change to the gameplay to warrant losing either +12% damage.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Bulde.3728

Bulde.3728

You both have valid builds. I certainly wouldn’t say Shouts are worthless though. I destroy on my shout warrior. I run a consistent 3K attack power, heal myself and my allies for 2200 health per shout, provide an insane amount of condi removal not only for myself but also for my team, and am providing fury and might boons for my allies. Not to mention all of the other team oriented benefits from the minor traits in the Tactics line.

Its simply a matter of preference. One is more bursty, one is more team support via condi removal, boon distribution. Both are equally viable. Its simply what you prefer.

…and yes, the Soldiers Rune does provide AoE condition removal now for your allies within 600 range.

in PvP

Bulde.3728

A team would just be better off bringing a bunker ele with its higher AoE healing, higher uptime, more damage mitigation methods, and higher maneuverability + better damage than shout builds, and passive methods to remove condi’s.

Same utility just used in a different way. A properly spec’d and played warrior can provide the same team support an ele can. I do it all the time. In most cases I out play ele’s in both team fights and 1v1 fights (when those happen to occur).

in PvP

Defektive.7283

Same utility just used in a different way. A properly spec’d and played warrior can provide the same team support an ele can. I do it all the time. In most cases I out play ele’s in both team fights and 1v1 fights (when those happen to occur).

If this was true, teams wouldn’t be bringing double ele and 0 warriors.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Bulde.3728

There are a lot of bad warriors.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

There’s also a few good ones.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

There’s also a few good ones.

This is why we get a bad rap. Bad wars are obvious and bring down our impression as a whole. Bad other classes are forgiven by class mechanics often and can simply recover better.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Brigg.6189

^ agreed

And as far as support ele vs. shout warrior. Even if you called healing/condition removal similar, ele utilities win over shouts (more survivability/forgiving).

(edited by Brigg.6189)