New matchmaking is seriously fantastic

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

When it comes down to it though, its still irrelevant. Your opponents can be any group of individuals near your league (pip) progress. Higher or lower skill doesn’t matter, they’re potential opponents if they’re within your pip range.

Thats really all anybody needs to be worrying about IMHO. But yes, if you care about behind-the-scenes, your own teammates will be near your own skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Why are people even talking about MMR? It’s irrelevant in Season 2..

MMR is relevant to find suitable TEAMMATES inside your pip-range.

Your opponent team is just randomly picked from the same pip-range.

That means, a top MMR amber player will get other top MMR amber players as teammaters to fight ANY other amber team.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

This post just drools with arrogance. 10/10.

He does bring up a good point with subpar players being able to reach legendary by playing only against other subpar players.

Yeah, I agree with that, but as it stands now, it seems like the only way to get out of amber is to either be in a premade on TS, or just be a soloQ hero who can magically carry the team on their winged steeds. No thanks.

I’ve a 100% winrate with soloq, better than with teamq :/

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Celeras.4980

MMR is relevant to find suitable TEAMMATES inside your pip-range.

Your opponent team is just randomly picked from the same pip-range.

That means, a top MMR amber player will get other top MMR amber players as teammaters to fight ANY other amber team.

Yes, that’s exactly what I said.

in PvP

Celeras.4980

Day two games reinforced my opinion for me, so back to the front page with the good feels!

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Agree that this season is what season 1 should’ve been. Bad players are not entitled to higher ranks, so it’s inevitable that blowouts WILL happen at the start. After a few weeks when the better players climb the ladder, everyone will start facing more evenly skilled opponents. (eg. players that are still struggling in emerald)

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Agree that this season is what season 1 should’ve been. Bad players are not entitled to higher ranks, so it’s inevitable that blowouts WILL happen at the start. After a few weeks when the better players climb the ladder, everyone will start facing more evenly skilled opponents. (eg. players that are still struggling in emerald)

Haha wrong. When every good player has climbed, guess what. Every other bad player will fight other bad players in emerald and raise in divisions anyway. Nice try tho!

in PvP

Posted by: lichtquant.1490

lichtquant.1490

… what we have to acknowledge is, that season 1 was kind of “beta”-league with a bad placement-system (yep, I am looking at you, MMR-abuser, Stronghold-farmer and legendary-grinder).

They did significant changes to MM for season 2, so our standings in season 1 don’t mean kitten regarding our “skill”.

As soon as we realize that, serenity will kick in

Oni Ma Gon/Zepharion/Slonjeh/Niphdanoq/Sarodakh/Ghinsondir/Shoniistav/Vauh Konstanth
You Are Crowfood Now [KRAA]

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

what I don’t get is the first night, I stormed to the top of amber, then decided to go to bed, next day I struggled to get a win in 15 games straight. finally get out of amber only to be paired with ambers vs all emerald teams. I’ve been on a win one lose one all day, apart from when I lost 3 in a row to get a come back pip which I then lost with the next match.

But hay I guess the "leagues2 are aimed at the Esport crowed and not the people who play the game.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Haha wrong. When every good player has climbed, guess what. Every other bad player will fight other bad players in emerald and raise in divisions anyway. Nice try tho!

Yes and that disproves my point, how? You can expect more even matches when a good part of the playerbase finds their proper division placement.

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Yes and that disproves my point, how? You can expect more even matches when a good part of the playerbase finds their proper division placement.

It means that the bads will catch up to your division anyway eventually so this system works the same as it did in season 1.

in PvP

Celeras.4980

It means that the bads will catch up to your division anyway eventually so this system works the same as it did in season 1.

Its nothing like season 1. As you rank up, your competition becomes better. Whereas last season your matchmaking tried to put you against your “skill level” the entire way no matter how high/low it was.

“Bads catching up” doesn’t happen. “Bads eventually progressing to their level of badness” does.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I am not sure if I like the new matchmaking. Don’t get me wrong, I love how I win all the time now (I have won every single one of the 22 games I have played since the season started and I am now 7 pips into sapphire) but I do not like how every single one of those 22 except 1 has been a total landslide. That 1 game I mentioned was really fun and it involved my team making a 150 point comeback to win 500-460. Those are the type of wins I enjoy. I mean other than that one game, my opponent has never reached 300 points and in about half of those games, my opponent has not even reached 100 points, I even won a game about 500-280 that my team had a DC on for the majority of the game. I know this is probably because Anet wants players who reached legendary last season like myself to get to where we need to be quickly, I would appreciate closer matches.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Yep, most matches are complete blowouts and decided within a minute of starting. I can see how this is attractive to veterans and newbies alike. Yay anet finally got it right, go e-sportz!

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Its nothing like season 1. As you rank up, your competition becomes better. Whereas last season your matchmaking tried to put you against your “skill level” the entire way no matter how high/low it was.

“Bads catching up” doesn’t happen. “Bads eventually progressing to their level of badness” does.

Dude, wheres your logics? If only bads are left in emerald eventually the bads will fight the bads and progress to sapphire since you cant lose tiers. In sapphire the better players will kill the bads and progress to ruby where better ruby players will slay the bads and move to diamond. When the better players has slayed the people back in sapphire there will only be bads left who fight bads and then the bads move up to ruby etc etc.

Beeeecause there will always be a winning team, and theres win streaks bonuses.

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Yep, most matches are complete blowouts and decided within a minute of starting. I can see how this is attractive to veterans and newbies alike. Yay anet finally got it right, go e-sportz!

Just want to add: Some matches might not be a blow-out. I already had two of those guys, who went afk after they died in the first engage.

The problem got exaggerated due to fact, that there is no reason to try your best, when you know, you will loose. In the past, you could try to reach the 300 points and maybe not loose a pip. Now it does not matter anymore.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

This post just drools with arrogance. 10/10.

He does bring up a good point with subpar players being able to reach legendary by playing only against other subpar players.

Yeah, I agree with that, but as it stands now, it seems like the only way to get out of amber is to either be in a premade on TS, or just be a soloQ hero who can magically carry the team on their winged steeds. No thanks.

I’ve solo Q won the only four games I’ve played in Amber so far…. I’m just saying that there are likely some whom this is working out for that you don’t see responses from, and that could be a very large number.

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

I’m R80 & diamond in season1, in S2 i won 1 match and then lose 10~20 matches.
This time is god fxching MMR . Anet should go back to make PVE plz, Stop E-sport.
We are tired to play that nxob game.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Some of you guys have no idea how frustrating it was playing 50/50 matches the entire way up the ladder. Not that you don’t appreciate the competition, but it just felt wrong losing so (fairly) consistently in the lower ranks. The ladder was a total grind and meant absolutely nothing.

Well now it does mean something, and its great. There will be a lot of QQ these first few days from the gripping realization of Ruby players and below. It is, of course, the matchmakings fault that they are 0-10. You can’t necessarily blame them either, because they’re used to being matched with players around their own skill (which isn’t top tier), and being rewarded with the same general winrate as good players and consequently a rank not indicative of their skill level.

Good riddance. If you play a lot of games the first day as a sub-optimal player, you’re going to run into GOOD players who haven’t ranked up yet and get worked. And that is exactly how it should be.

I was a skeptic when I read the changes, but now I am seriously excited to play the rest of the season. Good job, A.Net!

You know what? Bite me

This league system should be DESTROYED.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Looks like someone doesn’t have high mmr.

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I’ve read all the posts here. I am having issues with what is said, and the new system. Last season, all people did was deliberately throw matches, deliberately losing, so they could lower mmr, only to then pair with their guildies or friends, and then blast thru poor teams and soar to the top in a winning blitz. I was a recipient of the endless games of afkers and endless dcer’s and endless stand outside the cap zone, barely throw a skill every 1 min, etc. etc. It got really infuriating. People were so INCREDIBLY toxic. I reported obvious people endlessly, and in most instances kindly, until they started gross abuse, then I was rude back.

I saw no change in the system. Nice, constructive people encouraged me to hang on to Seas. 2. I have always solo qued. People hate me, cuz I call them out for their obvious match manipulation, and you would too if u were a good player, solo queing 100% of the time, and being forced to be a recipient of match manipulation and abuse ENDLESSLY.

So I made it to ruby thru sheer determination, and was 2 pips away from diamond, on the last 2 days of the season, when the near the end of the season, ppl starting throwing ALOT of matches again to try to tier up/level up just before the end. I went down to the last tier of ruby. I hung in there, my mmr was about 49%.

So I start new, solo q again. KK I get it, Im going against diamonds w/ their diamond friends in pairs, etc., and Im w/ some stray noobs, some good, some avg. some w/e. However, the same thing starts happening. I start experiencing people throwing matches/loses, cuz they haven’t read patch notes and don’t know it wont work this time around (I say hallelulah, rt? – about the patch rt?). I tell them not to do it, that it isn’t smart = they tell me to – well, u know. More toxic. More LOL/Lord of the Flies abuse. I shut up and play and play and play. I played primarily meta guardian and meta reaper.

I was rank 12 pvp in Gw 1 earned the hard way in random arena solo que, and max title on all other pvp arenas offered in gw1. I have played gw1 and 2 since beta both. People know me, people hate me. But I am silent except when people espouse religion, politics, or they match manipulate, hack or otherwise abuse the system.

I love to play GW. I play it constantly. I am an avid pvper and wvw and pveer. I am a good player. I love the game, and just wish people would play it fair, as it was intended. You know – actually play, not manipulate/hack/afk/ etc (which in my old school book is the equivalent of cheating – tho I know people like to split hairs about this topic).

Anyways, my point is this. I am now caught in a death spiral. I have lost 65 games in a row basically (an occasional win here and there). I am kind when I play. I offered advice on smart strategy (they never take it – they do what they want) and I am at the absolute BOTTOM of the barrel of players. I feel caught in the Twilight zone and know of NO WAY OUT/UP! I do not join teams. I solo que. I hate ts.

Is there any NON TOXIC advice people can offer (Ive heard every piece of toxic filth a person can hear on gw and in real life – so save it for someone else if ur just gonna post a nasty reply) to help me up into the higher ranks where the people are better.
Oh, also, I am consistently the highest scorer in the game (yes, I know high score does not necessarily mean squat in pvp), but I think it is illustrative of the fact that I am doing more of the right things/playing better than my teammates.

Can anyone offer suggestions, because I don’t think Im a bad or mediocre or even an average player, yet I just can get out of the dregs. Literally, in some games, I am the only one playing. Cant win a game by yourself. What to do?

Please be nice. Please tell me if theres something Im doing wrong. And if all you have to say, even in a nice way, is that I am a sucky player, please just don’t say it. I don’t want to be told to go to pve to practice one more time (and no, I don’t think when people say that it is true, I think they are just trolling/mad/mean) so save your breath and time and mine cuz its just gonna roll off a duck’s back.

I am actually looking for constructive advice. Is there a way to solve this as a solo qu’er or am I relegated to the land of the bottom feeders forever?

in PvP

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

Yea is really fantastic………………..

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Slive.9053

Slive.9053

The match-making system just put me with 4 guards against 2 thieves, 2 mesmers, and a rev. Needless to say, we won. 500 to 43.

The problem is not just the rank matching, but that the classes and specs are fundamentally unbalanced. Until Anet decides to fix that pvp is broken.

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Yea is really fantastic………………..

well you could start by running a real build.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I’ve read all the posts here. I am having issues with what is said, and the new system. Last season, all people did was deliberately throw matches, deliberately losing, so they could lower mmr, only to then pair with their guildies or friends, and then blast thru poor teams and soar to the top in a winning blitz. I was a recipient of the endless games of afkers and endless dcer’s and endless stand outside the cap zone, barely throw a skill every 1 min, etc. etc. It got really infuriating. People were so INCREDIBLY toxic. I reported obvious people endlessly, and in most instances kindly, until they started gross abuse, then I was rude back.

I saw no change in the system. Nice, constructive people encouraged me to hang on to Seas. 2. I have always solo qued. People hate me, cuz I call them out for their obvious match manipulation, and you would too if u were a good player, solo queing 100% of the time, and being forced to be a recipient of match manipulation and abuse ENDLESSLY.

So I made it to ruby thru sheer determination, and was 2 pips away from diamond, on the last 2 days of the season, when the near the end of the season, ppl starting throwing ALOT of matches again to try to tier up/level up just before the end. I went down to the last tier of ruby. I hung in there, my mmr was about 49%.

So I start new, solo q again. KK I get it, Im going against diamonds w/ their diamond friends in pairs, etc., and Im w/ some stray noobs, some good, some avg. some w/e. However, the same thing starts happening. I start experiencing people throwing matches/loses, cuz they haven’t read patch notes and don’t know it wont work this time around (I say hallelulah, rt? – about the patch rt?). I tell them not to do it, that it isn’t smart = they tell me to – well, u know. More toxic. More LOL/Lord of the Flies abuse. I shut up and play and play and play. I played primarily meta guardian and meta reaper.

I was rank 12 pvp in Gw 1 earned the hard way in random arena solo que, and max title on all other pvp arenas offered in gw1. I have played gw1 and 2 since beta both. People know me, people hate me. But I am silent except when people espouse religion, politics, or they match manipulate, hack or otherwise abuse the system.

I love to play GW. I play it constantly. I am an avid pvper and wvw and pveer. I am a good player. I love the game, and just wish people would play it fair, as it was intended. You know – actually play, not manipulate/hack/afk/ etc (which in my old school book is the equivalent of cheating – tho I know people like to split hairs about this topic).

Anyways, my point is this. I am now caught in a death spiral. I have lost 65 games in a row basically (an occasional win here and there). I am kind when I play. I offered advice on smart strategy (they never take it – they do what they want) and I am at the absolute BOTTOM of the barrel of players. I feel caught in the Twilight zone and know of NO WAY OUT/UP! I do not join teams. I solo que. I hate ts.

Is there any NON TOXIC advice people can offer (Ive heard every piece of toxic filth a person can hear on gw and in real life – so save it for someone else if ur just gonna post a nasty reply) to help me up into the higher ranks where the people are better.
Oh, also, I am consistently the highest scorer in the game (yes, I know high score does not necessarily mean squat in pvp), but I think it is illustrative of the fact that I am doing more of the right things/playing better than my teammates.

Can anyone offer suggestions, because I don’t think Im a bad or mediocre or even an average player, yet I just can get out of the dregs. Literally, in some games, I am the only one playing. Cant win a game by yourself. What to do?

Please be nice. Please tell me if theres something Im doing wrong. And if all you have to say, even in a nice way, is that I am a sucky player, please just don’t say it. I don’t want to be told to go to pve to practice one more time (and no, I don’t think when people say that it is true, I think they are just trolling/mad/mean) so save your breath and time and mine cuz its just gonna roll off a duck’s back.

I am actually looking for constructive advice. Is there a way to solve this as a solo qu’er or am I relegated to the land of the bottom feeders forever?

65 games are you mad?! You poor soul…

Anyway, I’m not going to lecture you. I’m just surprised you still have the sanity to post this! Lesser men would just quit, but you perservered. I was the same situation last year, I clawed to ruby division and reached the 4th tier then went back down to the start thanks to the old matchmaking.

The new matchmaking is actually solid, at least in principle. However, the league system and seeding is total trash since everyone starts at the beginning! Supposedly, a league system implies tiers and divisions, but what point is there in a league system if EVERYONE starts in the SAME division!

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

how exactly did you get rank 12 in GW1 if you hate ts? just iway’d the entire way?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It seems i didn´t fall till now even with two bad matches at start getting top 4 premade and AFK´er on my side. I usually get paired with OK to good players an win. But 80% of the matches are total slaughter. It feels like people are discouraged to fight hard and this ruins the fun of the game and doesn´t make good matches!. I had two close matches one won one lost. The rest: win´s felt like we can´t loose and the losses were i can´t do annything because of unwilligness to fight from my team.

in PvP

Posted by: MadDog.6793

MadDog.6793

Well needless to introduce the new gankwars pvp system.. where people are just getting ganked left right and center.. people like me who played ranked pvp for the first time last season for a month and got ruby are not losing infinite matches in a row and absolutely getting annihilated double digit to 500…

Dont get me wrong i like hard stuff.. i am all for it being tough ..it should be hard as hell but it has to be fun too… but i don’t think it is fun when the other other team has three cap on u and camps ur spawn and u get ganked even if u step out of spawn ….and u cant do kitten about it.. coz every one just throws in the towel and afks… well to be honest even if they didn’t akf there is nothing to be done.. kinda knife to gun fight situation..

this is pretty much pointless.. and before people say u are getting track rewards etc etc… i will say if i wanted something in return for doing something i am not enjoying i will get another job….not play gankwars2….

its a different thing when the game is new … I think it is safe to say that ship on profession balance xyz etc etc has sailed but if a game that is years old cant figure how to design a decent pvp system that every one enjoys and encourages people to try pvp then shame on them.. its like they want people to switch to black desert or some other new mmo..

So congratulations anet for designing gankwars2 ..pve was always uninteresting and pvp is now crap,at least for a bit.. please can u crap over whats left of wvw also please.. thats what i paid for isnt it? ohh and please dont forget to call it a WVW Balance Patch or something.. thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Callendor.1840

Callendor.1840

Let’s put all the selfish, I’m winning/I’m losing aside…

The current PvP tournament is very very hard on low MMR players; people in small groups and those with a high MMR are winning well over 50% of their games, meaning they are NOT being matched against people of their skill… So who is giving these players their winning streaks and the easy ride to higher divisions? The low MMR people / people who are new to the game.

There is a very sharp line here, if you get your MMR high enough you will walk through the divisions…

What Anet has done here which is classic, is that they have made this game HELL for people new to PvP or people who have a low MMR, (either through bad luck with AFKers or average/low skill).

What will happen next? Well all the new people are not going to touch PvP, why would they??? WvW has already been demolished by a short sighted strategy and now it looks like PvP is going the same way…

There is little point suggesting that maybe people should average out to win 50% of matches so that everyone enjoys PvP, Anet are not going to change anything until the next season. The forum on this will remain polarized with people losing every game complaining and people winning every game with 10+ win streaks saying that PvP is finally fixed… The balance implemented on the tournament is exactly unbalanced.

So what can you do?

If you are losing every match but you don’t usually: Get in a team with good players and play until your MMR is higher and then go back to solo q

If you are losing every match but you normally lose more than 50% of matches: Practice with friends to improve

If you are winning every match: Team up in small groups with friends who are good but are having a tough time… and don’t be bad winners, you will put off the next generation of PvP players from playing again

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

The suggested sollutions are the right one´s. BUT: Manny solo Q players don´t have the option or want to team up with friends. They log into the game for half an hour (just when they have time between RL. So no coordiantion with others) and want to play two matches, sort out inventory and complete daily´s. They are not dedicated to this game …
There is a high possibility that these players now loose nearly all matches and after a week we won´t see them again. the new system focuses on real ranked play and this will automatically loose most casuals and discourage new players. It´s a logic result i see evrywhere.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

I really don’t understand how ppl can defend a system that pair good team vs bad team, and don’t try to balance the matches.

sUk Clan

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

For season 3 I would propose that sesson 2 legends and diamonds start first. Four days later the season opens for S2 ruby and sapphire. Four more days and it opens for all the rest including those who didn’t participate S2.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

For season 3 I would propose that sesson 2 legends and diamonds start first. Four days later the season opens for S2 ruby and sapphire. Four more days and it opens for all the rest including those who didn’t participate S2.

Or they could just start them at a higher division and out of the pip range of newer/not as skilled players.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The current PvP tournament is very very hard on low MMR players; people in small groups and those with a high MMR are winning well over 50% of their games, meaning they are NOT being matched against people of their skill… So who is giving these players their winning streaks and the easy ride to higher divisions? The low MMR people / people who are new to the game.

There is a very sharp line here, if you get your MMR high enough you will walk through the divisions…

What Anet has done here which is classic, is that they have made this game HELL for people new to PvP or people who have a low MMR, (either through bad luck with AFKers or average/low skill).

What will happen next? Well all the new people are not going to touch PvP, why would they??? WvW has already been demolished by a short sighted strategy and now it looks like PvP is going the same way…

There is little point suggesting that maybe people should average out to win 50% of matches so that everyone enjoys PvP, Anet are not going to change anything until the next season. The forum on this will remain polarized with people losing every game complaining and people winning every game with 10+ win streaks saying that PvP is finally fixed… The balance implemented on the tournament is exactly unbalanced.

So what can you do?

If you are losing every match but you don’t usually: Get in a team with good players and play until your MMR is higher and then go back to solo q

If you are losing every match but you normally lose more than 50% of matches: Practice with friends to improve

If you are winning every match: Team up in small groups with friends who are good but are having a tough time… and don’t be bad winners, you will put off the next generation of PvP players from playing again

Hate to be that guy but…
If a new player is switched off pvp after a dozen losses or around it, well I don’t think PvP is for them; in pvp you find people who played well over 10k games and lost around half of it.

How can you learn anything if you don’t lose enough times?
I saw people complaining about their MMR, they created posts with screenshots attached and…most of them had like 50 games in total, I mean wow….50 games and you think to be already entitled to a constant stream of victories?

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Hate to be that guy but…
If a new player is switched off pvp after a dozen losses or around it, well I don’t think PvP is for them; in pvp you find people who played well over 10k games and lost around half of it.

How can you learn anything if you don’t lose enough times?
I saw people complaining about their MMR, they created posts with screenshots attached and…most of them had like 50 games in total, I mean wow….50 games and you think to be already entitled to a constant stream of victories?

People don’t want a constant stream of victories. They want a fighting chance. The people in here that have had said stream of victories also said that it wasn’t even fun.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

yes as i and other said. Just divide known players from last season acording theit divisons. and don´t rank new average.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

So from my understanding the mmr is purposely pitting pro vs noob. In an attempt to rush them out. Ok now I know my place. Makes sense sorta. Legendary should belong to pros. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

So from my understanding the mmr is purposely pitting pro vs noob. In an attempt to rush them out. Ok now I know my place. Makes sense sorta. Legendary should belong to pros. Thank you.

They just couldnt keep people in season 1 leagues, they most likely reset the leagues because half of the players cheated their way up. I’m beginning to think more and more that THAT is the reason we’re in this mess right now. Leagues have been reset, MMR hasn’t. When everyone is normalized around 50% winrate it will theoretically get better. I still wonder where my ‘place’ is, as matches are still seldom even.

Add on top of that that many new players have low MMR. I am a good example, I’m fairly new to the game, so the first 100 pvp matches I played I likely lost 80-90%. I also like to play with people who are bad, because they’re rl friends. My MMR does NOT take into account that I practiced a fair bit before this season, that’s only gonna show later when my winrate is normalised at 50%. I expect to get to division 3 this season and linger there and eventually have good matches, improve my play and move on.

I just hope people will sit it out, the numbers don’t lie in the end.

I really don’t understand how ppl can defend a system that pair good team vs bad team, and don’t try to balance the matches.

I’m not defending the current situation, I’m just defending the outcome, ie: everything will be even. I do feel you though. A Muay Thai boxer wouldn’t compete against a player that’s two leagues higher then him. He would most likely get hospitalized.

(edited by Siren.2843)

in PvP

Posted by: Somnium Luna.6294

Somnium Luna.6294

I am amazed by one trait of the people – Blame everything else, and never find blame inside you.

One saying goes – You wont grow up until you learn to take responsibility for your deeds.

I watched a lot of screenshots above, whinning about lose streak and blaming teammates. I payed attention to their build bellow – and i see P/P thief, with full signet utility and simmilar “pro-builds” qq about MAtchmaking.

You complain about higher division players playing agains you? Did it cross your mind that you belong to amber or emerald right now, until good players reach V and VI. And even later, your skills are just not ready yet for Ruby or Diamond, so it is reason why you cannot achieve 50 or more percent win rate, and get stomped by good players. Its harsh truth, but you are not that good, and not entitled to be rubz, diamond, legend, and to constantly rise in divisions.

IF you are staling it means that you are right where you need to be. If you keep losing it means it is too high division for you. If you are on a win streak it means you need to climb higher until you match people with simmilar skill.
Last season i climbed to mid Diamond, solo q. I kept winning one, lose one. All games were close. People with simmilar skill. SO i didnt push it to Legendary, i wasnt entitled to it. I just enjoyed games i had, wich were engaging. I improved my skills, playing vs LEgends and ESL players sometimes, and beeing stomped.
This season i easily climbed to mid III in just few hours, winning 80 percent of games. And currently i am stalling. Why? Cause i currentlz belong there.

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

Will people please stop saying this?

Your opponents can have higher, lower or roughly the same MMR as you. That means there’s 1/3 chance you’ll get pitted against “better” players. And even if their MMR is higher, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re better players – plenty of people have been carried last season and their MMR doesn’t reflect their skill.

So maybe the reason people are losing is bad builds/skill/communication? In almost all the matches I’ve lost, people went blindly 1v3, went far early and let mid die, started afking or other brilliant strategies.

Everyone is quick to blame anyone but themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I don’t defend the current system.
I think it’s increadibly moronic, as whatever the final player spread between division is, it’s going to be a close copy of a MMR spread, which is something we already have but it’s just hidden to us.
It’s nothing but several weeks of unbalanced matches (specially at the very beginning) which, in the end, fulfill no real purpose.

The system is, however, among the few possible ways to achieve a short time progression based competition which is also tied to player skill.

It’s not easy to have both.

Most players won’t suddenly improve in the span of a few weeks, so on a MMR based division system (since it’s the most accurate measure of skill), they wouldn’t see any progression at all.

On the other hand, on a pip based division system which takes MMR into account to produce fair matches (like the previous one), there’s no skill measurement at all.
It’s basically a grind driven system where anyone can reach any division as long as he plays enough and where legendary players from some MMR bracket would be demolished by Ruby players from a higher one.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghurka.5702

Ghurka.5702

Fantastic solo queue vs team. Nice job Arenanet.

Attachments:

(edited by Ghurka.5702)

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

While you are right that they will evetually catch up, it will take them much longer and the season does not last forever and good/better players will appreciate To get out of the lower divisions quickly.
To lower the frustration of subpar players, it might be good to let let legendary players start in sapphire and diamonds in emerald or something, next season. Or multiply the pip gain and loss by a an amount x during the first y matches e.g. Double pip gain and loss during the first 10 matches.

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I mean, technically because you have the duo queue on your team you arent all solo’s
4Head

Anyways, I wish people would stop complaining about this. Anet already said that it was a problem, and that they would impose more restrictions on queuing against premades of all numbers if they could keep queue times significantly low

in PvP

Posted by: Ghurka.5702

Ghurka.5702

I mean, technically because you have the duo queue on your team you arent all solo’s
4Head

Anyways, I wish people would stop complaining about this. Anet already said that it was a problem, and that they would impose more restrictions on queuing against premades of all numbers if they could keep queue times significantly low

I place a solo queue (the duo was from other player), and it team up with a guild team. It should match against duo or solo queue

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

how exactly did you get rank 12 in GW1 if you hate ts? just iway’d the entire way?

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

I got rank 12 by doing pvp in RA – solo que – totally random – the hard way. NO ts.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

So what can you do?

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

This is nice constructive advice. I agree with you. However, how do you get in a team with “good players,” especially if your MMR is now abysmal, even if you’re a great player (and yes, I am living proof that can happen).

Also, with all due respect, why has anet developed a system where I must abandon solo q after 12 yrs of playing it. If I wanted a team q only, I would play lol, or wow or raid. I really enjoyed random solo q, but now anet has made it so that “solo players” either need to quit (either pvp or gw2), get relegated to some pit where they can never claw their way to the top, because, honestly, literally, I am being paired now with people who ask how you cap, or where do you go on this map, etc. (obviously brand new to pvp), or “join a team” that “rerolls” or “carries me” or gimmicky “meta builds/meta play styles” every one to death, and then pronounces themselves the “uber players.”

I don’t mind to be a downer or a complainer, but there is something seriously wrong when you hit hotjoin, expecting a random group, and the opposition is a team on ts, w/ gimmicky builds, “rerolling” after they scope out the opposition, and other bs. I don’t know what this “new” pvp system is, but as an old school player, it feels very punishing, gimmicky, off-balanced, and not reflective of who the good players vs. bad players really are. Just sayin.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

Or they could just start them at a higher division and out of the pip range of newer/not as skilled players.