New matchmaking questions

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

So those that are happy with the new matchmaking because you’re winning so many games – are you happy with the pvp matches in general? Are they competitive and keeping you interested in pvp?

For those that are losing or not making progress – are you happy with the new matchmaking? How long do you plan on playing and how much effort are you planning on putting forth this season?

I really don’t think this matchmaking is good, but I see some insisting that it’s going to work “long term.”

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

I’ve gotten to sapphire with such ease it disgusts me. And no I haven’t been playing like a mad man. I’ve just been playing casually the past couple of days and have only lost 3~ out of 35 matches.

I’m not here to brag, i’m here to tell you and everyone that visits these forums THIS MATCHMAKING IS NOT OKAY. You shouldn’t punish players that aren’t as good as others to suffer 20 losses in a row at the beginning of each season.
The Fact that MMR no longer exists and your league is all that represents the matchmaking now a days is a kittening joke. (inc forum restriction cause i’m not a circlejerker) If someone wants to get to legendary you don’t have to try hard at all. Actually i suggest you wait 2 weeks, wait for all the players to get up higher in the leagues and just start playing after they get there, then you spam ranked matches to vs the people who had the unfortunate desire to play during the opening days of the season and stomp them because you’re roughly the same skill level, Once you get to ruby, group with 3-4 people (not 5 because NOW you don’t get put against 5 pugs. But 4 people can!) and just faaaaaaaaaarm like no other!

The leagues “representing” your Skill Level is a joke, and everyone at ArenaNet doesn’t get it because they don’t understand their player-base at all. In fact they’re trying way to hard to cater towards casual players that they don’t realize how much people like competition and the Risk / Reward factor.

ArenaNet, I’m telling you right now. If you don’t smarten up about the way you handle leagues EVERY COMPETITIVE PLAYER IN THE GAME WILL LEAVE FOR SOMETHING ELSE WORTH THEIR TIME.

People who play in hopes of reaching challenger league / ESL play for the competition, If you’re rearing your game towards “Esports” Then you should understand what people want and what Drives them. Offer me a job to work at your company as a Marketing analyst and you’ll see stars flying through the office!

Look towards other games in the past and present understand why they’ve failed and succeeded their communities. You’re not just designing an MMORPG for millions to play anymore *cough more like 100,000 people now. You’re designing a PvP Ranking system that has the potential to be something great.

Please, don’t Ruin my favorite game because people on the forums are crying “OP”

in PvP

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

So those that are happy with the new matchmaking because you’re winning so many games – are you happy with the pvp matches in general? Are they competitive and keeping you interested in pvp?

For those that are losing or not making progress – are you happy with the new matchmaking? How long do you plan on playing and how much effort are you planning on putting forth this season?

I really don’t think this matchmaking is good, but I see some insisting that it’s going to work “long term.”

I’m one who has been stuck in the hell of ave mmr teams being repeatedly matched up against high mmr teams and its extremely disheartening. If it continues more than say 2 weeks I can’t see myself being motivated to continue.

And as the poster above stated no its not acceptable to consign lower ranked players to long losing streaks at the beginning of a season merely so higher ranked players can get streaks to get to a higher division more quickly. Either opposing teams should be chosen on the basis of mmr or players should be placed in their relevant division at the start of the season or they go back to the old 50% winrate selection.

Of course this messes with anets grindy achievement progression so change it. I guarantee that if this continues into even just next season that players will drop like flies. Who knows maybe the matchmaking won’t even improve for lower ranked players after say a week its only theoretical that it will.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

At the moment my favourite game is ruined. I’ve literally only been putting up with unranked for the last month because ‘everything will be alright’ when ranked starts.

If this doesn’t improve soon I know I’ll just quit the game for a while and try some different ones. I’ve been playing on and off since the pre-launch beta weekends so it’s a shame to see them literally kill the fun.

It’s just not fun playing game after game when you know what the result is going to be after the first minute or two.

In all the time I’ve played MMO’s this sits right up there as being in the top 2 kitten ups I’ve witnessed, right next to WoW Garrisons for those who know that game.

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Thanks for the replies. Is there anyone that thinks this matchmaking is in the best interest of pvp in this game?

in PvP

Posted by: Renkku.7451

Renkku.7451

I played about 10 matches today. Half of them solo, half of them with one friend. I’ve been playing pvp casually for almost a year. Last season my win/lose rate was about 50/50. But today I lost all of my matches expect one. And they were not even matches. Most of the time the losing team had under 200 points at the end of the match. It was a complete slaughter.