New players have no intention to learn sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

you are sure that you know what to do?

if you are not asked to teach, then do not do it. It is annoying

While the OP makes plenty of mistakes himself (as ive experienced in games with and against him) he is still a player with experience at the top of the ladder. Former rank 1 and most soloq games of any player in europe.

It would be smart for a new player to listen to a guy like him.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: MrCyrus.5036

MrCyrus.5036

lol. we should stay afk.

-Titanium

Titanium [AFK]

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Best way to avoid newbies is to get to top 1000.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Yes Collero, listen to this guy. It will get better once you get in to the top 1000 .

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

if they respond, however it may be, it means they at least read it and don’t have every single chat deactivated. when i tell people in teamq what to do, because they don’t, i usually get ignored.

this is not true at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

not all play in america

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

While the OP makes plenty of mistakes himself (as ive experienced in games with and against him) he is still a player with experience at the top of the ladder. Former rank 1 and most soloq games of any player in europe.

It would be smart for a new player to listen to a guy like him.

All are equal. Lord of the galaxy = lord keep = etc.

Repeat. If you do not ask for help in study, then do not do it.

As a teacher, he had made a big mistake.

PS
The most important thing. Children do not need to teach adults.

All adults think that everyone else in the game are the children.

You drunk? I am not even sure what you are trying to say.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Yes Collero, listen to this guy. It will get better once you get in to the top 1000 .

absolutely this I am prettycertain as I have done some test on two different accounts and been asking people what rank they are on the lb. The games in the top 1000 are so much better. They are by no means perfect but its a lot better.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Locuz.2651

absolutely this I am prettycertain as I have done some test on two different accounts and been asking people what rank they are on the lb. The games in the top 1000 are so much better. They are by no means perfect but its a lot better.

It was sarcasm from my side.

Seeing how collero is former rank 1 and has the most soloq games played in europe. Why would you tell him “dont worry dude it will get better once you enter the top 1000”?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

He wasn’t being serious with his comment. I didn’t want to mention who I am and what rank I have been because people seem to get bashed for saying things like that.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

He wasn’t being serious with his comment. I didn’t want to mention who I am and what rank I have been because people seem to get bashed for saying things like that.

lol that aside try it for yourself if you have access a new account its much worse at the lower end of the lb. Things are getting better than when the patch first came out.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Lol if you think this changes anything.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Read Anet’s post about how we should “mentor” newer players. And people need to drop their ego. It doesn’t matter if they ask for help or not. And if they don’t listen and the game is lost because of it, then no one has the right to complain about “toxic” behavior in game.

That is a direct consequence of people not listening to advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Lol if you think this changes anything.

Well his highest is link rank 900 so he can only dream, you know?

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Read Anet’s post about how we should “mentor” newer players. And people need to drop their ego. It doesn’t matter if they ask for help or not. And if they don’t listen and the game is lost because of it, then no one has the right to complain about “toxic” behavior in game.

That is a direct consequence of people not listening to advice.

Better yet, pve players who read that post and think it’s their duty to teach everyone else, including the much more seasoned pvp’ers.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I’ve tried giving advice but pve players already think they know everything or they don’t care about learning since they aren’t really there for pvp

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Sadly not true, but maybe you where ironic and I didn’t get it ^^

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

What I do LOL, is draw arrows on the map all the time and ping where I want them to go. And I always tell people to rotate across two points and stop pushing three points. Eventually they get tired of seeing me repeat myself and ping on the map and they follow directions LOL. Playing bunker and using this strategy in soloq and I’m at 95%, so close to leaving MMR hell!

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

It has been mentioned a few times before but I set a goal for the last 2 days to help as many newbies as possible in SoloQ. I tried to be as nice to them as possible when they made mistakes without being harsh at all.

The results? Disappointing. They don’t care at all, they either ignored what I said or actually abused me for it. I had comments such as ‘shut up, i knw wut am doin’ and ‘hahah u tell me yet u at bottom of score’ etc. If I knew I was going to make a post about this, I would of taken screenshots – It’s shocking.

What should we do?

- Collero

I’ve made the same 2 days ago, i tryed to explain to an engi how decapping works. 1st reply i had has been “what you done mr pro?” then i’ve been insulted on every way even on pm.

I made screens i’ve deleted his name and i’ve made a thread here. I obtained to have a couple of guys telling me that people like me is toxic because trying to explain something means telling people they are unable to play. They also told me i should get reported for that. Then thread has been deleted and i get 1 infration point xD

What to do?

There are 2 option, find a team and do team arena or pvp in another game. Basically atm solo queue is a way for people who keep to get kicked from arah runs to catch their pve skins. There’s anything to explain they arent interested at all outside having skins

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

you are sure that you know what to do? if you are not asked to teach, then do not do it. It is annoying

You do not have to Anet, if you do not work there
Read https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.

You do realize telling people to rotate correctly in a team game with a shared outcome doesn’t stop them from enjoying the game and it helps the teammate enjoy the game as much as the player.

P.S. definitely giving you advice when you push defended and capped far. :P

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Here’s what I’ve found works best for preventing teammate frustration:

1. Always say hello at the start of the match. Sometimes, this can lead to working out a basic opening strategy with your team; if not, it at least lays the groundwork for you as a nice person if you feel you need to give advice later.
2. Take the most difficult/confusing job yourself. Avoid playing simple, narrowly-defined roles.
3. Carry your team.

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s annoying because people don’t like being told what to do? Aren’t you telling him not to do something yourself?

On topic, I’d just say keep it to casual pointers. You definitely get some clueless players who are kittens (mainly the wvw lot I have to say), but you may as well try instead of forfeiting the game. Some of the newer players do pretty well when they listen to rotations.

Also drawing on the minimap is quite effective

I agree. I hate to admit, but I personally get extremely offended when people are trying to tell me what to do even if they’re trying to help. It’s just always been a pet peeve of mine and a lot of others, although maybe not as severely as myself, share this problem. Being casual about it is a much better approach. I find suggesting things to be a lot more effective than stating them. Saying “that won’t work” just makes me want to challenge it where as if someone says “it’s not great but if it works for you” I’ll be a lot more inclined to work on my strategy. Everyone has preferences and telling people something is bad or won’t work or anything in relation to that can sometimes provoke people to challenge you or get upset. It’s a lot better to suggest things and sprinkle advice on top of your conversations than to give matter-of-fact advice, even if that advice is 100% true.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

lol. we should stay afk.

-Titanium

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

I have to agree with the OP. I truly enjoy being competitive but when in SoloQ I tend to see my team fight off points or chase. I try to help by kindly pointing out not to do this at the beginning at the match (I even add a nice little smiley to show I’m not trying to be bossy!). The odd time it gets my teammates to talk and get organized but most of the time I’m ignored and we get rick-rolled (it’s funny how matches are rarely close).

It’s really frustrating. It feels like I’m climbing a mountain to break the top 1000 and I have to rely on players that have no intention of reaching the top.

After a few matches in SoloQ I’ll give up and go back to Hot Join, which sucks since, as I mentioned above, I like be competitive, but at least I can shrug off a bad loss or just leave.

/rant

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

But but! Things will work out eventually, if only you’re nice to them. (hope dies last)
#Xephcarebearantitoxiccommunity4eva

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Sephiroth Uriel.6980

Sephiroth Uriel.6980

Well, I’d like to point out that there are some new pvp players who do want to learn how to play properly. I cannot say how many, but I want to say that I’m one of them. Just want to say this because I wouldn’t want you, more experienced players, to lose hope on us newbies who actually seek advice.

I’ve found many players who have given me advice at the start of the match when I said I’m still learning and asked for tips. Some even gave me constructive, useful feedback after the match. I think I’ve learned much that way (still need to assimilate much more though) and think it would be a pitty if this kind of attitude was lost.

I’d also like to thank all the players that take their time to help new players like me. Maybe you find toxic players while doing so, but I want you to know your efforts are not in vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Imagine if there was a way players could be recognised for their experience at the game.

Some may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Imagine if there was a way players could be recognised for their experience at the game.

Some may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one…

Woaahhh your talking crazy now

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: chalwa.9783

chalwa.9783

one more reason cos newbs deserve to be called like that is because they do not realize how poor their gameplay is, so they are not wishful to listen to more experienced ppl.
/my solidarity

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

This really has nothing to do with the post, but when someone says “why should I listen to you, you are at the bottom of the scoreboard,” it makes me mad because people don’t realize that a tpvp or soloQ match isn’t about scoring points for yourself, but scoring for the team so that you can win…

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET