New pvp players should be low MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Actually, giving medium MMR to new player is destroying MMR of average players.

Because average players MMR will lose games with NOOBS on their team.

Anet need to quickly fix that HOLE to their new system.

Till then, please TEAM Queue in amber/emerald division.

Quoting:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/The-reason-we-are-Mad-We-re-Average/first#post6003207

Clearly, another smurf tactics but… its made by ANET. So better than average MMR say thank you ANET we are riding win streak because of your error.

Dal

p.s. I didn’t play any games, yet.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I think, tbh, “new” accounts getting averaged mmr to begin with, is okay. I dont think thats the source of the problem.

Nono, dont hate yet, please continue reading

However… the gate to ranked matches (rank 20) is just wrong. Rank can be farmed without having played a single profession in a single match. Thats what is wrong with new accounts in ranked matches.

It should rather be something like having to unlock each profession by playing a certain amount of matches in unranked first. Lets say 150 matches played.
That gives even absolutely new players the chance to learn the ropes first.

And having to unlock each profession first, you will see a huge increase in skill for each match in low to average range of mmr.

/edit: Yes, I know Im bumping an old thread, no even though my main IS in fact a necromancer, Im not into thread necromancy However, I wanted to make a new thread regarding this, and here is one already opened by Jourdeloune which points toward one of the biggest problems of matchmaking in seasons already