New ratings system question.

in PvP

Posted by: Wordsworth.7694

Wordsworth.7694

I have been reading a lot of very good reviews regarding the new sPvP ratings systems, however, I have had a very poor experience thus far. I was wondering where the rating system starts me off and how long it takes before it starts putting me into groups that are more in my comfort zone.

While I’m not the greatest player by any means, before the patch, I had about a 58% win percentage in non-tournament sPvP and I generally tended to win a certain amount of Free Tournaments under the old system (20 wins/ 46 matches before the patch). However, since the patch on Tuesday, I have lost 10 single matches in a row and have encountered very uneven team compositions. For example, out of the 10 matches I have encountered the following:

4 Full premade guild teams
6 Matches where my team started with 4 members, while the other had 5.

I’m fully willing to play good teams and lose. I also realize that my decision to play without a guild weighs a certain amount on my tournament wins/loses. That said, it’s very discouraging to feel like I have to grind through a LOT more tournament matches , hoping to hit a premade jackpot and not a team of people who quit when they are 10 points down.

Is this just bad luck? Will the ratings system eventually put me in an appropriate bracket? As it stands, I would gladly go back to the old system of waiting an extra 10-15 minutes if it meant playing with people who want to be there and actually having a chance to pull off that tough last-second win- something that was rather common in the past.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

[EO]Ex Oblivione
YOU can’t join.

(edited by Wordsworth.7694)

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The matchmaking seems pretty useless. I’ve been playing tpvp all night, still getting matched up against full premades with a pug. Still getting 4v5s. Most games are still one sided stomps. I don’t know if their matchmaking is simply bad or if there just aren’t enough people to make it work, but either way, I don’t think it’s doing anything.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

There simply aren’t enough people and teams playing any more, for the rating system to be of any use. Anet put it into the game 6 months too late.

Oh well I’m just glad we got holly-day and one-time events instead. Oh and all those new dynamic events, yes…

in PvP

Posted by: Wordsworth.7694

Wordsworth.7694

Thank you for your responses! +1 to both of you. The low population theory seems to be pretty valid from my experience, as well. I’m just glad that I wasn’t missing something as far as the ratings system was concerned.

Here’s hoping that ANet can crack the code to make people feel compelled to TsPvP. If not, I suppose I’ll be okay since non-rated sPvP is still competitive for solo players and is loads of fun.

[EO]Ex Oblivione
YOU can’t join.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

the code is quite simple:

1. combat is fun
  2. it is fun to pug
  3. it is not fun to face premades
  4. create a proper ranked solo queue
  5. even if people can’t find teams, they can still play in fair fights
  6. put a button on mists screen for this solo queue “play solo now”
  7. advertise to pve noobs they should come to pvp (promise they’re not gonna get stomped by premades and ppl of high rating)
  8. more people will be in mists
  9. more ppl will start forming teams for premade queue
  10. gw2 pvp is saved

oh, as a bonus, you can start introducing duo queue, but not before you have more population. fair solo experience is the bedrock of pvp.

(edited by milo.6942)