New tPvP system is crap

New tPvP system is crap

in PvP

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Just had 3 games in ranked team arena, lost all 3.
First game was death match map - why is this map in tPvP?
Than came Legacy of the Foefire - one player in my team left.
Third map was Spirit Watch - one player in my team left.
My impression was that my groups had to play against professional Pvp players, we never had any chance in neither of the matches.
What kind of crap is this?

New tPvP system is crap

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Is called making the matchmaking system even more broken than it was before…and actually isn’t an easy job considering how stupid it already was…

Ark 2nd Account

New tPvP system is crap

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Having no issues with the matchmaking system, and the stats on arena net side states that more people are having close games than ever before which suggests better matchmaking.

You’re running into issues because your rating is low, possibly due to losing against bad teams consistently over and over. After 50 games or so your rating will adjust to where it is supposed to be at and you should be at a 50/50 win rate.

Not everyone can be a top player.

New tPvP system is crap

in PvP

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Having no issues with the matchmaking system, and the stats on arena net side states that more people are having close games than ever before which suggests better matchmaking.

You’re running into issues because your rating is low, possibly due to losing against bad teams consistently over and over. After 50 games or so your rating will adjust to where it is supposed to be at and you should be at a 50/50 win rate.

For me it went the other way around, at first I had loads of very close and fun matches (except in Courtyard, but… Courtyard) and then somehow the leaderboards decided I’m somewhere high on there (10 at the moment) which is just not true… I’m a relatively new PvP’er in this game, have less than 200 wins, I’m below average (obviously, my personal estimate) and never play in an (organized) team, just 1 friend. He’s not even on the leaderboard which is even odder…

Now if I queue alone, I get vs highly organized teams and even people who’s videos I watched to get some basic understanding, which often only the person going close gets even a single point. I guess I’ll just have to endure it for a few days until I finally drop to somewhere I do belong.

New tPvP system is crap

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Chase,

What happens is that as you are asked to “carry” weak players who do not understand how to win at Conquest, your MMR drops. Eventually you fall into the “pit” of absolutely clueless or non-serious Lawl players.

You cannot carry enough to ever get out.

That’s reality. If you have always played on a decent team you will not have experienced that and you mistakenly believe “if you are good you can carry a bad team”.

You try winning a match all by yourself when your team mates are all fighting in a corner somewhere and the other team is standing on all the points.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

New tPvP system is crap

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Chase,

What happens is that as you are asked to “carry” weak players who do not understand how to win at Conquest, your MMR drops. Eventually you fall into the “pit” of absolutely clueless or non-serious Lawl players.

You cannot carry enough to ever get out.

That’s reality. If you have always played on a decent team you will not have experienced that and you mistakenly believe “if you are good you can carry a bad team”.

You try winning a match all by yourself when your team mates are all fighting in a corner somewhere and the other team is standing on all the points.

Actually I have been through a rough patch on one of my alts, I lost a lot of games on my elementalist and fell down to 21%, I managed to get back up to the top 1000 within two weeks. The rating will normalize if you just keep trying.

Now that solo queue and team arena is merged, if you want your rating back quickly all you need to do is bring friends.