New to GW2 PVP - character level question

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Wiggins.2706

Mr Wiggins.2706

I understand that my effective level is brought up to 80 as an under 80 character but what about gear and gear upgrades?

I am a level 21 right now. Would it make any difference if I was an actual level 80? I’m thinking it wouldn’t make a difference but thought I’d ask. I’m really enjoying the pvp and just happy to slowly level my character that way instead of questing up to 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

I understand that my effective level is brought up to 80 as an under 80 character but what about gear and gear upgrades?

I am a level 21 right now. Would it make any difference if I was an actual level 80? I’m thinking it wouldn’t make a difference but thought I’d ask. I’m really enjoying the pvp and just happy to slowly level my character that way instead of questing up to 80.

As long as you have actual pieces of gear slotted into the slots (excluding trinkets, doesn’t matter if you have any trinkets equipped or not), the only relevant thing for stats and customization is the pvp build panel (and weapon type, like gs or hammer, but that’s integrated into the pvp panel).

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

No, it wouldn’t make any difference. Guild Wars 2 PvP normalizes the stats making it equal for every player, be the characters level 2 or 80.

All you need is to make sure have, at least, 3 pieces of armor (the ones you start with) and the desired weapon set. Pick your preferable amulet, runes and gear, set your build and you are good to go.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Wiggins.2706

Mr Wiggins.2706

That’s what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation!

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Gear only matter in wvw

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

FYI, your pvp gearset isn’t changed in your hero panel, but rather a special window found by clicking the helmet icon at the top of your UI while in Heart of the Mists.

NSPride <3