New to pvp. Help please.

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: SwordOfEden.1583

SwordOfEden.1583

So I want to get into pvp. All i have is a Warrior at 80.

And i kinda wanna try sword+board/hammer.
-roll heavy cc
-with the silly obnoxious, i dont take damage anymore, options

but i dont really know the scene and dunno how well that would do.

(i literally know nothign of gw2 pvp)

any tips or resouces people could share, would be wonderful.

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It’d be recommended you start with Meta builds, can be found various places but metabattle.com is a good source.

Take a look at those builds. They’ll carry you a bit as you learn. There’s a lot to know and time will teach you a lot, no easy way to communicate everything that needs communicated in 1 forum post, but I’m sure people will have tips that will help you out.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

SwordOfEden.1583

Cool ill check that site out, thanks

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: Aphoticrain.8420

Aphoticrain.8420

As Shockwave said meta battle is a good place to start to find a build that is tried n true.

Here are some things to mull over about running the build you are suggesting. One of the first things that pop’s out at me is wether or not you plan to solo q with this build because assuming you can lock people down, which is what I think you’re aiming for, but don’t have anyone to capitalize on it it’s probably going to take away from a lot of what the build is offering. Leading to drawn out fights that you might ultimately loose if yah hit like a wet noodle.

Another thing to consider is closing distances, specifically with mesmers and rangers. The sword gives you a leap which can be useful but if you’re trying to hold a point I would be weary of being dps’ed from afar and being half health by the time you get in their face. There are some traits that can help with this and shield block is another useful thing in this regard but it’s something to watch out for.

If you’re going to solo q route I would try and look for something more down the hybrid lane that allows you a bit of dps to take down enemy’s on your own while also allowing for you to use heavy cc with some survivability.

It’s been a long time since I ran a stun heavy build on a warrior so I’m not going to leave a build incase I get it wrong but I’m sure there are people who run something similar to what you’re looking for.

FA | [Corp],[FARM]| Ranger- Clockwork Vixen
Give a man a fire and he’s warm for a day, but set a man on fire . . .

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

SwordOfEden.1583

Ya i was thinking the build would really excel if i could get some sort of burst ranged to follow me. but id have to duo. im also thinking about tryign other classses. I wanna play mesmer, but my head hurts when i play that class >_>

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: Tanglewood.7523

Tanglewood.7523

All i have is a Warrior at 80.

If you aren’t aware you can use a character that isn’t lvl 80 in PvP, they are all leveled up to 80 much like WvW, although unlike WvW your gear is also statistically max. So even a new character at lvl 2 is just as strong in PvP as an 80.

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: Traper.1326

Traper.1326

If you aren’t aware you can use a character that isn’t lvl 80 in PvP, they are all leveled up to 80 much like WvW, although unlike WvW your gear is also statistically max. So even a new character at lvl 2 is just as strong in PvP as an 80.

Sy why i cant equip helmet and shoulders at my lvl 2 charr when im in pvp?SAys i need lvl 10

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Sy why i cant equip helmet and shoulders at my lvl 2 charr when im in pvp?SAys i need lvl 10

These are level restricted but do not countribute to pvp armor rating. You need to have something equipped in the chest, leg and boot slots the rest does not matter. Can be lvl 1 white items too, just have something in the slot.

New to pvp. Help please.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

yea level does not matter in pvp.

when you check out the meta builds, check out ALL of them regardless of what you are going to play, that way you will also understand what you are up against most of the time.

when new to pvp, the thing I cannot stress enough is to get used to watching the mini-map, your team’s health bars, the kill indicator, the score, and the node status indicator – basically what is going on everywhere, and being used to paying attention to that stuff while you are fighting

after awhile it becomes second nature. but if you don’t do this you’re flying blind a lot of the time. for example you’re fighting 1v1 at far. your team gets wiped at mid. if you’re paying attention then you know you’re about to get collapsed on, so you know to either GTFO or start playing more defensively and save your CDs for when more show up. If you aren’t paying attention and just focused on the 1v1, you’re going to get a nice surprise and die.