New vid up eSports Gaming w/ Ostrich Eggs

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Hello everyone,
I’m happy to bring you the 4th installment of our GW2 build/guide series -available now on the eSports Gaming youtube channel. This is the 2nd video we’ve done featuring the Engineer class, we will be removing the recently nerfed 100 nades build video for now, and replacing it with this one. If this build gets nerfed we will try to replace the video ASAP to keep our content relevant and viable.

This episode features Ostrich Eggs (NA) and goes over the HGH build for Engineer. The video covers Trait choices, Utility skills, Runes/Sigils, and general playstyle/rotations -with a few tips/tricks thrown in for good measure (as always).
If you’ve been wanting to learn how to play HGH Engi, this is your chance!

eSports Gaming Engineer HGH Build/Guide ft. Ostrich Eggs

Be sure to let us know who you’d like to see on the show next, as well as which classes/builds you want to learn!

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Hey Neglekt,
As much as Mesmer has been done to death, I would love to see an analysis on it but in particular focus on when and where to use time warp and the use of portal effectively.

Outside of that, ranger or Ele would be next?

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Nice editing! You left a lot of my pointless rambling out, I was worried I’d look as dumb as I actually am there for a while.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Ostrich is very modest

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

If you run smolder sigil on the OH pistol, can you skip lyssa runes?

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

If you run smolder sigil on the OH pistol, can you skip lyssa runes?

yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

The Age of the Condi Engie nears the end.
Embrace me as your savior, dear players!

in PvP

Posted by: hithlain.4385

hithlain.4385

You don’t have text infos about this build, and a build link for the build?
I mean, it is harder to follow a video build as a guideline to make our character

(edited by hithlain.4385)

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

great vid, ty for insights. )

in PvP

Posted by: Arno.8962

Arno.8962

I think u should double check the duration part.

30% points in Explosives + 10% condi duration from runes cant make 2s buring to 3s (by counting number of dmg) on my character

even 30% points in Explosives + 15% burning duration from runes + 4% condi duration from runes cant make it up to 3s

Undercoverism[UC]
Eng – Nora Rockbell
Gua-Nec-War I Am _ Nora

in PvP

Posted by: Cube.1758

Cube.1758

this is why i love this class. Because even though we have 1 build that is good, it really take SKILLS for you to pull it off. Is not about spamming one thing, it is all situational and different at every encounter. I have seen noobs engies with this build die like the roaches they are because they cant pull it off.

you just cant spam 1 and 2 and win. takes a lot more than that.

also,

dont go to wvw thinking you can own anybody. I have a tanky build engi and i see all these noobs engies with this build. I just eat them for lunch. too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

this is why i love this class. Because even though we have 1 build that is good, it really take SKILLS for you to pull it off. Is not about spamming one thing, it is all situational and different at every encounter. I have seen noobs engies with this build die like the roaches they are because they cant pull it off.

also,

dont go to wvw thinking you can own anybody. I have a tanky build engi and i see all these noobs engies with this build. I just eat them for lunch. too easy.

you can say that for every class.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

dude, how much stacks of might do I need to be running around with? Am I suppose to use up all the elixirs? I know you say its situational, but I don’t understand how much might I should keep up, which elixirs are the throwaway ones.

I used up all the elixirs and landed every grenade on this necromancer, I didn’t come close to killing him, is necromancer suppose to win against this build?

Are you suppose to swap weapons a lot, like use #2 grenade then blowtorch and repeat? Because I’m normally in nades, not sure if theres certain critical skills that you should never have a timer on while using this build. Like should I always use blowtorch when its timer is up or #2 nades?

in PvP

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

also,

you can say that for every class.

Except warriors, we have no build :’(

Skullclamp

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

dude, how much stacks of might do I need to be running around with? Am I suppose to use up all the elixirs? I know you say its situational, but I don’t understand how much might I should keep up, which elixirs are the throwaway ones.

I used up all the elixirs and landed every grenade on this necromancer, I didn’t come close to killing him, is necromancer suppose to win against this build?

Are you suppose to swap weapons a lot, like use #2 grenade then blowtorch and repeat? Because I’m normally in nades, not sure if theres certain critical skills that you should never have a timer on while using this build. Like should I always use blowtorch when its timer is up or #2 nades?

fighting necros is all about avoiding their transfers. Putrid mark on their staff and the dagger offhand’s 4. If you get hit by those you’ll lose every fight against a necro. Corrupt boon hurts, but you can recover. It’s all about outlasting them. Blind their marks, dodge their putrid/transfers and their death shroud #2. Line of sight if you get too many conditions and start cleansing.

Don’t use blowtorch off cooldown, save it for a while if you can. It depends on the situation. If you can get close to a guy, go for it. If there’s an opportunity to lay it on multiple targets then do it. It’s also the only thing damaging ability we have that can actually go through projectile reflects and absorbs

Swap kits a LOT. Very, very rarely should you EVER use the 1 on both grenades and your pistols. Our auto attacks might just be the worst in the game. Stack conditions in a smart manner as well, first in is first out. It’s also one of the best ways to get might.

And the specific permutation of that build that the guide covers will not have very many might stacks outside of combat. It takes a full 40-50 seconds of being in combat and elixir chugging to get your full might stacks and it depends on how often you’re swapping. Short fuse is a great trait for this build and is really helpful against guards, thieves, warriors and eles, but if you’re finding yourself up against classes with a lot of boon cleave (mesmers, condi necros) then you can drop it for enhanced performance.

In a typical fight with short fuse I’ll usually have 15-25 depending on how long I’m in the fight and if it gets cleaved off. With enhanced performance I’ll almost ALWAYS have 25 stacks. Don’t be afraid to pop your heal out of combat when you’re roaming in between fights. It’ll usually be up by the time you’re back in combat. Just keep swapping for that battle sigil, make it a habit

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Zodian.6597

You don’t have text infos about this build, and a build link for the build?
I mean, it is harder to follow a video build as a guideline to make our character

Oops, sometimes I speed through the description and annotations before uploading. I’ll put a link in the descriptions when I get home. Sorry about that!

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Whoo go ostrich!

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: hithlain.4385

hithlain.4385

Many thanks Zodian
btw I use this build in PvE too, and it is a fine one I think…

in PvP

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Can anyone tell me what the vid contains? I’m in China atm and they don’t let youtube in At least the basic builds, armor/trinkets/weaps, runes/sigils, trait lines, and utility skills. :s

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

30 10 0 30 0 with 5 8 11 explosives, 6 firearms, 2 10 11 alchemy, rabid ammy, 2 fire 2 strength 2 hoelbrak runes, battle/corruption sigil, elixir H B S and nade kit

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

Hey OE,

new engy here… I have a question for you. I noticed that when I put my face on the keyboard I won MOST…but definitely NOT ALL… fights I encountered. I’m baffled at this as I was assured this was a face to keyboard build that would literally allow me to smoke anyone and anything. I was using the left side of my face and I’m right handed. Was it the wrong cheek?

Many thanks.. =)

in PvP

Zodian.6597

Hey OE,

new engy here… I have a question for you. I noticed that when I put my face on the keyboard I won MOST…but definitely NOT ALL… fights I encountered. I’m baffled at this as I was assured this was a face to keyboard build that would literally allow me to smoke anyone and anything. I was using the left side of my face and I’m right handed. Was it the wrong cheek?

Many thanks.. =)

You’re gonna want to make sure that you really get your nose and mouth in there when rolling your face across the keyboard. A common mistake most new engis will make is forgetting to apply the lower half of their face correctly, you should be nearly chewing off your cfghjmnbv and spacebar keys. -Hope that helps, have fun with the build and thanks for watching!

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: MikeT.9428

MikeT.9428

Grenades need a Carpal tunnel syndrome disclaimer. They are effective though.

Jade Quarry
Never underestimate an engineer with a wrench
Exploding illusions FTW

in PvP

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

30 10 0 30 0 with 5 8 11 explosives, 6 firearms, 2 10 11 alchemy, rabid ammy, 2 fire 2 strength 2 hoelbrak runes, battle/corruption sigil, elixir H B S and nade kit

thanks a lot!

EDIT: How long does it take to build up to 25 stacks of might? =/ It seems I can only get them to 14-15 before I engage with the enemy =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

(edited by penatbater.4710)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Mistake #1 of the video:

You don’t discuss the counters of the build. You don’t teach the viewers how to beat it. Consequence: overwhelming QQ from community, topics posted every day about the build, attention is brought to the devs, small nerfs, small nerfs, small nerfs, build goes down in oblivion.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Don’t follow Moldran’s steps with the warrior. “Hi everybody, look at my very cool frenzy bull’s charge cleave warrior video~~! It’s so goot. No counters teehee!”

Patch notes:
Warrior now receives 50% increased damage while in frenzy.
Frenzy no longer increases critical damage.
Cooldown on Hundred Blades has been increased.
Discipline trait line increases burst damage by 3%, down from 30%.
Sigil of Doom effect changed: no longer increases damage of next attack.
Eviscerate damage reduced by 50%.

Quickness now only increases attack speed by 50%, down from 100%
Frenzy has been increased in duration, to make killing warriors even more brain-dead easy.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: sta.4926

sta.4926

i want cruuk’s movie plz~~

i guess hes using 10/30/30/0/0 D+P/SB signet thief

thats a really good build for pro thieves(i guess).

in PvP

Zodian.6597

i want cruuk’s movie plz~~

i guess hes using 10/30/30/0/0 D+P/SB signet thief

thats a really good build for pro thieves(i guess).

it’s funny you mention this, Cruuk was one of the first people I got to record with for this series, but the video ended up coming out at a lower quality than I wanted the series to be held to (it was like my first video so I was really still testing the waters, the format was a bit different). Plus his build is kind of out there so I wasn’t sure how well it would be received, especially on EU where most people have no idea who Cruuk is.
Here’s the build (http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-cFR3R;0RwkZ0O5FOkd0;9;59TT;22;034A18B;1IR-66;1V-17V-175BD -copy and paste into browser) he was running at the time, I do believe he now plays the build you mentioned (signet backstab), which is much more mainstream I suppose.
I offer everyone a chance to redo the videos if either party is unhappy with how they turn out (I have at least 5 just sitting on my hard drive right now lol), perhaps I will hit him up again!

Neglekt

in PvP

Zodian.6597

Don’t follow Moldran’s steps with the warrior. “Hi everybody, look at my very cool frenzy bull’s charge cleave warrior video~~! It’s so goot. No counters teehee!”

Patch notes:
Warrior now receives 50% increased damage while in frenzy.
Frenzy no longer increases critical damage.
Cooldown on Hundred Blades has been increased.
Discipline trait line increases burst damage by 3%, down from 30%.
Sigil of Doom effect changed: no longer increases damage of next attack.
Eviscerate damage reduced by 50%.

Quickness now only increases attack speed by 50%, down from 100%
Frenzy has been increased in duration, to make killing warriors even more brain-dead easy.

I have a separate series planned to address this and much more (spoiler alert: “GW2 Counterplay”). Right now I’m just waiting on a few things to get sorted out with some other top secret projects I’m working on. Stay tuned, and thanks for watching!

Neglekt