Newsflash: sPvP is not dying

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

The numbers of people in the Mists has more than doubled after the Dec 10th changes.

Structured PvP is more integrated into the game world. You can now level your character in the Mists with sPvP. You can earn gold in sPvP.

I hear people saying it is dying because their friends from beta have moved on to other games, but I don’t see any evidence that GW2 sPvP is dying.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Keep telling yourself that friend.
Now, read through this(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/NA-sPvP-Team-Queue-Participation/first#post3294131) thread and realize that double of extremely low numbers is still extremely low numbers. Not to mention that that “double” came from anet. And that “double” was obviously caused by new rewards that only bring people to replay spvp for so long, until they have the rewards they want and move on again. It would be ok if people quit but new people started playing the game, but that is not the case. If anything, you should come up with some evidence because it’s pretty clear that spvp is one huge flop (and a quote by an anet dev saying that “players double and tripled” doesn’t cut it).

The reason you hate people saying that the game is dying is you don’t want to know that a game that you paid for and used to love has failed miserably in pvp. Been there too, but you should face the facts.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

most of the new people are AP hunters going for the 4 new daily AP

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

As long as there are more people playing, I am enjoying short queues, and lots of 5×5 hotjoin matches when I am up for practicing a new build.

If the numbers were to ever shrink again, then we can talk about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

sPvP isn’t dead, however the competitive scene is certainly dying and greatly diminished from where it used to be.

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

over 2m copies sold, less than 1000 people currently in hotjoin games? Dead as hell.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

sadly gotta agree with Oxygen, while its not “dead” there are very few occupied servers, and this is peak time, plus long waits for solo que (i can’t speak for team que)

its not dead but it has alot less pvpers than other MMOs

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

sadly gotta agree with Oxygen, while its not “dead” there are very few occupied servers, and this is peak time, plus long waits for solo que (i can’t speak for team que)

its not dead but it has alot less pvpers than other MMOs

I wanna play this game too! Seems easy: "I disagree! I think it has more pvpers than other MMOs! "

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

People are only going to be distracted by shiny new pvp gear for so long. It’s lazy parenting, in stead of fixing the underlying issues they just gave us a new toy to shut people up.

It’ll only be so long until people have the rank 60+ sets that they never thought they’d be able to get and then go back to realizing that pvp isn’t fun when you are getting roflstomped by hard counters, warriors are decimating everything, or even worse you might be playing as one of the countless forgotten specs that go ignored because your profession is saturated by one powerful setup.

It’s a temporary fix at best, not even a good one at that

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Only thing dying after 10th december is PVE world for me.
Earning 15g+ per day by doing same thing i did for year without rewards + pvp rank is progressing faster + no new wvw season. Only reason to leave mists now is to collect gold from trading post.
They should add more pvp achis cause now i never have time for PVE daily and my AP are incrasing very slowly.

in PvP

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I’m definitely still having 15-30 minutes queues.
I can’t really notice anything being doubled.
Maybe that’s the case for Hot Join, but I’m not seeing it for Solo Q.

edit: OK, at peak it can be.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

The rewards patch has certainly increased the number of people playing (or should i say farming…) in spvp.
Now spvp is what it should be according to its own merits, a sidekick for the pve, a place to try builds and stuff for free and to spice things up a bit with some pvp (and also another place to farm, in this case, only skins and achievement points).
I’m glad they understood what gw2 pvp is.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, there are a bit more players playing sPvP now, but still not enough! >.<

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

But but…at least half of the PvP guild I joined in October 2012 has quit! That’s undeniable evidence that the population is dying!

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The numbers of people in the Mists has more than doubled after the Dec 10th changes.

Structured PvP is more integrated into the game world. You can now level your character in the Mists with sPvP. You can earn gold in sPvP.

I hear people saying it is dying because their friends from beta have moved on to other games, but I don’t see any evidence that GW2 sPvP is dying.

You find out if a game is dying by averages, not spikes.
After any notable change populations tend to go up, the real key is to see if whether players stick around after a few months.

In this case, the gameplay hasn’t changed at all and many, many, many people left for that reason alone, so I wouldn’t get all giddy about this.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

I guess I only care if there are enough people to provide me with relatively quick queues in the time of day when I want to play.

As long as that is happening, it’s pretty much irrelevant to me how many PvP server instances they have to host to service the 2 million game accounts they sold. As long as my Mists server is reasonably full and I have fun.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

sPvP was legally dead, it had flat lined. The Dec 10th defibrillator managed to get its heart going again, and now it’s in critical condition. I believe it can make a full recovery.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

sPvP was legally dead, it had flat lined. The Dec 10th defibrillator managed to get its heart going again, and now it’s in critical condition. I believe it can make a full recovery.

aye, that’s great!

eh what else do you think is needed for a full recovery? O_O

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

I like the optimism in this thread.

The only people that were added to PVP after dec 10 patch were the AP hunters that already did pvp anyway before the dailies and are now FORCED to play 3-4 hours a day instead of 40 mins.

Now lets see what happens when the giant wintersaday gifts and the temporary merchant is removed ( and if anet is wise they will leave him), and the AP hunters are burned out.

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Temp merchants will be removed once glory is retired and ladders are introduced, which should see return of some of people who left because of the lack of progression in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Climbed 400 spots on soloQ by playing and winning one game last week.
Yup, It’s back in the emergency ward ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I wonder how can you level up your toon when they remove glory?

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in PvP

Posted by: Axe.3075

Axe.3075

Even if there is more ppl. Look who are these guys, they are pve boys. In what is it interesting. It so boring to beat low guys in TN. We don t need a lot of ppl, we need more big and brain team.
And Anet need to do something if they really want to be ESL because for the moment it s just so pathetic and big teams will never come if there is only gems to win ^^.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Stop dreaming about “esport” (in reality its a joke for me, what is that esport? …).

GW2 is completely a pve game with option to take a break off grinding in no grind game and go to pvp for some dailies. The fact alone that theres no duel feature and pve mobs running everywhere proves im right.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

The only way GW2 sPvP can exit the critical condition ward is if it gains new game modes.

The only way that GW2 sPvP will walk again is if the players get a hold of the GW2 Environment-building Tool. That is to say, GW2 sPvP may be somewhat healthy at some point, but it will never truly walk.

in PvP

Posted by: SnubFighter.7613

SnubFighter.7613

The only way GW2 sPvP can exit the critical condition ward is if it gains new game modes.

The only way that GW2 sPvP will walk again is if the players get a hold of the GW2 Environment-building Tool. That is to say, GW2 sPvP may be somewhat healthy at some point, but it will never truly walk.

New game modes aren’t going to fix it when new players can’t figure out the current maps and how to win. Not to mention the fact that matchmaking is pretty subpar and the I’m ready feature doesn’t actually have any affect or a way to end 4v5 matches.

Nah the only way pvp is actually going to stay lively is if they fix the issues and then add new content instead of throwing a dog a bone. Dog’s get bored with bones eventually and bury them.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Newsflash. Those changes happened about a month ago.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

People only came for gold rewards and the new glory vendor and possible tpvp rank boost. once they get what them came for most will likely leae. These people arent just playing for the sake of having fun.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

People only came for gold rewards and the new glory vendor and possible tpvp rank boost. once they get what them came for most will likely leae. These people arent just playing for the sake of having fun.

if we have good rewards these people will stay perhaps?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

if we have good rewards these people will stay perhaps?

Need to have fun and balance. But that would require doing work.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Our PvP is on the same level as Terraria PvP.

Just because it’s not technically “Dying” doesn’t mean it’s in a good place, or that it’s getting to a good place.

WTB more “Ready Up” Maybe we’ll get something better 2014 in the long run.

Till then pick your poison and enjoy spvp beta 5.0 Build Warz 2

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

I only spvp because of the daily. Whatever I get from glory on the side is just a bonus.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

I really don’t care why people sPvP, as long as they do and I have teams to play against.