Next Meta Will Be Bunker

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Necromancers will run Mercenary’s and be incredibly hard to kill
Scrappers, Druids, Revenants, possibly thieves, will all run Paladin’s amulet and be incredibly hard to kill, especially scrappers, druids and revs. Please DO NOT introduce these amulets, Marauder is TANKY ENOUGH for these classes to exploit.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Necro’s don’t hold up to focus fire anywhere near well enough to function as a bunker.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Necro’s don’t hold up to focus fire anywhere near well enough to function as a bunker.

Soldier necro does, which is basically the Mercenary’s necro of tomorrow.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

I don’t think the next meta will be bunker, but I agree that there will still be a fair amount of sustain and general tankiness with some classes. But I think they’ll need it with the proposed damage buff changes to thief.

I for one have my eye on a Paladin as a replacement for Marauder on my ranger to give me a bit more toughness at the expense of crit damage.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m not sure necromancers will run mercenary in the next balance patch. Necromancers are looking toward corupt boon and might take curses for the cooldown reduction on corrupt boon and consume conditions. If they do take curses mercenary will lose alot of its appeal since it has no precision. Menders might make a good necro amulet for a hybrid damage support role. It is a bit theory crating but I see potential in it.

EverythingOP

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The loss in defensive stats hits necro twice as hard since shroud scales with vitality and toughness so I wouldn’t consider soldier equal to mercenary.

EverythingOP

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Firebird.8324

The loss in defensive stats hits necro twice as hard since shroud scales with vitality and toughness so I wouldn’t consider soldier equal to mercenary.

buddy, YOU’RE IGNORING THE FACT that instead of reapers running carrion/wanderer’s/vipers THEY WILL RUN SOMETHING JUST LIKE SOLDIERS so necromancers will be MUCH TANKIER, how are you not getting this?

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Lol@thief with paladin amulet.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Go wvw..duel dire necro..

Now imagine that thing in spvp but also with power damage. Season 2 lukin su gut.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Firebird.8324

I’m not sure necromancers will run mercenary in the next balance patch. Necromancers are looking toward corupt boon and might take curses for the cooldown reduction on corrupt boon and consume conditions. If they do take curses mercenary will lose alot of its appeal since it has no precision. Menders might make a good necro amulet for a hybrid damage support role. It is a bit theory crating but I see potential in it.

Spite>Curses because vuln/mightstacking.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I can’t not imagine a thief running paladin unless he wants to try and be some kind of bunker.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Firebird.8324

I can’t not imagine a thief running paladin unless he wants to try and be some kind of bunker.

Could you imagine chronomancer running Sentinal until the last patch??

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

I agree. Thief kind of needs ferocity in most builds to do any meaningful damage to their targets, so I’m not sure why people are suggesting thieves will use paladin. None of the new amulets even have ferocity on them either, so I doubt thieves will switch to any of them unless some weird build is discovered the can make use of power and condition damage without melting in 2 seconds to aoe and CC pressure.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Could you imagine chronomancer running Sentinal until the last patch??

As far as we know AT THE MOMENT, a Paladin thief makes no sense at all.

If there’ll be more changes to skills/traits (notably Acro), then, maybe, but just maybe, the viability of Paladin amulet can be assessed.

But so far, there’s not a single reason for a thief to go Paladin.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Firebird.8324

I agree. Thief kind of needs ferocity in most builds to do any meaningful damage to their targets, so I’m not sure why people are suggesting thieves will use paladin. None of the new amulets even have ferocity on them either, so I doubt thieves will switch to any of them unless some weird build is discovered the can make use of power and condition damage without melting in 2 seconds to aoe and CC pressure.

With added autoattack damage they need to be able to stand in the fight more and may NOT need the ferocity, we will see. Just imagine the evade spam WITH a tanky ammy, kittening broken.

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

With added autoattack damage they need to be able to stand in the fight more and may NOT need the ferocity, we will see. Just imagine the evade spam WITH a tanky ammy, kittening broken.

I can’t see many thieves standing around auto attacking when CC is tossed around left and right and aoes blanket points almost incessantly. Also an evade spamming thief with a tanky amulet isn’t doing damage, even with auto attacks. I really don’t understand the point you’re trying to make lol.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I can’t see many thieves standing around auto attacking when CC is tossed around left and right and aoes blanket points almost incessantly. Also an evade spamming thief with a tanky amulet isn’t doing damage, even with auto attacks. I really don’t understand the point you’re trying to make lol.

Your friend Glaphen have already a 60% win rate completely soloq over 1000+ rank games with a bunker thief build.

With the new changes, bunker thief will be BUFF more.

I will try a daredevil bunker build… or some, since I play all bunker builds of this game.

On a general notes, the meta will not be bunker but it will be Burst/Condi because of Mercenary ammy will get OP on REV (WTF this classes is not delete, yet… they delete 30% of the game for that broken class) and Reaper.

Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Next Meta Will Be Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

No it does not. I’ve played it plenty. And this meta is already bunker.