Next elite spec rule

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Probably a thread on this already, but it needs to be said.
When the next specialization comes out, you only should be allowed to pick one specialization.

Please don’t make my build: defense-berserker-passivist.
Make me choose between the two.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I don’t get what you mean. Elite specs are already exclusive by design.

EverythingOP

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I think it will be a choice between the 2 elites. Otherwise builds would be pretty limited…

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You know that’s the whole idea and why they are called Elite Specs, you can only have one active at a time, that is why elite specs are locked to the last specialization slot.

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Make next elite specs like druid.
What i meant by that is the elite spec doesn’t have anything to do with the core mechanic, which for ranger is the pet. Druid = healing form, Ranger = pets nothing related.

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

A long time ago, trait lines were tied to stat points. This was their way of balancing the traits with the builds.
Every class had one trait line that was tied to a specific profession mechanic, i.e. steal recharge reduction, burst recharge, etc.
Then when elite specs were introduced, I thought they would make it only be able to replace the profession mechanic tree. I.e., discipline for example, or trickery, soul reaping, etc.
Instead they opted for stacking tree lines. So there is a big reason to believe that elite specializations will be stackable. Like how they are now.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Elite specs are not stackable since there is only 1 and two they are tied to the last slot only. And just because you thought they would replace the trait line that modifies the primary class mechanics does not mean that Anet was going to do that since they never said anything like that.

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

So there is a big reason to believe that elite specializations will be stackable. Like how they are now.

What?

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

They said back when they were hyping HoT that future elites would not be stackable. That only one could be chosen at a time.

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You know how you can only slot the elite specs in the bottom trait line?

Guess what?

You will only be able to slot the next elite spec in the bottom trait line too. So we can conclude with some clever wizardry that elite specs will not be stacked due to black magic logic.

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

black magic logic.

Unnecessarily redundant. Everyone knows that logic is black magic of the darkest kind.

Next elite spec rule

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Why do people not read before making ridiculous topics like this on the forums. You can only use the bottom-most slot to equip an elite specialization. Its been said before HoT released when the specialization patch launched. Geez, read people. Not that hard.