Next season: more rewards?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

The first pvp season is almost over, and 25 lucky hardcore players will get amazing, exclusive rewards. 250 will get a rather cool mini-lama. And in total, between 20.000 and 30.000 european players who have competed in ranked pvp during the season will get nothing.

Now take a look at the last WvW season. Literally everyone who played in the last season got the maximal reward their world could achieve, by playing five minutes every week for four week. In my opinion, we need to find a middle ground.

Granted, the new pvp leaderboard needs to change to be less of a grind festival. But let’s assume it will be fixed (one can hope, it’s a test season after all). I think it would be nice to have a wider set of rewards, distributed from the players at 70% to the players in the top 10. Something like the ticket system in WvW (I stole this idea from someone on the forum, don’t remember who, but thank you): the higher your position in the LB is, the more tickets you get. With a crazy amount of tickets, you could get the exclusive armor pieces, and maybe some new exclusive skins, and with less, things like tomes of knowledge, ascended trinkets, reward track boosters, crafting mats, anything would do really.

If the rewards are good, regular pvpers would want to play their A game in ranked, which would probably mean less afkers and map chat heroes, and part of the pve and wvw crowd would probably try pvp, which is good because let’s face it, we need more players to have a better match making. What do you guys think?

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

They just need to cap ranked games, lets say 150 games/month.

And add some token reward for ranked wins, as it was old paid game tournaments.

Vendor could sell something casual for 10 or 50 tokens, and items that would cost 100 200. So, to buy something expensive would take at least 2 month to get, having good win ratio would be benefit to get things faster.

in PvP

Posted by: Tris.8327

Tris.8327

They just need to cap ranked games, lets say 150 games/month.

And add some token reward for ranked wins, as it was old paid game tournaments.

Vendor could sell something casual for 10 or 50 tokens, and items that would cost 100 200. So, to buy something expensive would take at least 2 month to get, having good win ratio would be benefit to get things faster.

When you reah the cap what do you do? Stay at that rank point until the end of the season? Might be cool if your newest games overwrote the rank points gained/lost from 150 games (or however many is set) ago. I think 150 might be a bit steep for most PvP players, maybe 100-125.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Amazing exclusive rewards? 1 piece of a totally crap looking armor?

roflmao, i hope you’re just joking…

already have lama on other account…and is not that cool either

jack a lop> lama anyday

meanwhile #1 guy with 53% win ratio…if i was him i would go hide into a hole in shame 3 ppl in top 5 with not even a miserable 60% win ratio, and in top 100 still really a few with more than 70….nough said bout those leaderboards

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

the sad part that most so called rewards will get ppl who been botting 24/7

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

jack a lop> lama anyday

meanwhile #1 guy with 53% win ratio…if i was him i would go hide into a hole in shame 3 ppl in top 5 with not even a miserable 60% win ratio, and in top 100 still really a few with more than 70….nough said bout those leaderboards

Amazing is an opinion. But yeah, the armor is exclusive, and intended to be given to a very small minority. Most of us won’t ever have it, and it’s find that way (especially if you find it ugly^^). But having less exclusive rewards for less exceptional players would be a good thing.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

If I’m not mistaken it was a one month test rather than a full season.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

If I’m not mistaken it was a one month test rather than a full season.

no need to say that if they were aiming at some ladder reflecting skill, that test totally failed….under any possible point of view

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I don’t care if I didn’t get anything, I barely made it in the top 1000 because I just recently started to play PvP again.

But do the first 25 people seriously just get 1 piece? That would make the complete set a nice prestige item for pvp players… but still.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I don’t care if I didn’t get anything, I barely made it in the top 1000 because I just recently started to play PvP again.

But do the first 25 people seriously just get 1 piece? That would make the complete set a nice prestige item for pvp players… but still.

top 5 get 2 pieces and top 6-20 get 1 piece.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

A rather ridiculous amount seeing as the 2nd place team in ToG only got two pieces for an actual tournament with qualifiers

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

jack a lop> lama anyday

‘Miserable 60%’ is what top players in other Esports (e.g. LoL) usualy have in Solo Q.

in PvP

Lux.7169

A rather ridiculous amount seeing as the 2nd place team in ToG only got two pieces for an actual tournament with qualifiers

Yep, for the most part all rewards in pvp are pretty abysmal.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

jack a lop> lama anyday

Like someone else pointed out, you are aware that in like every online game a win ratio of 60% seems to quite above average.

Like top player sort of range.

So please, don’t speak so lightly of a 60% win rate, only in Gw2 can a w/l that high be considered low by some people.

And I’m not going to bother pointing out why peoples win rates in this game is so horribly inflated, because surely you know too.

Just lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yes, more exclusive pvp rewards (titles, finishers, weapons, and armor). Just no more llamas…

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Lux.7169

Yes, more exclusive pvp rewards (titles, finishers, weapons, and armor). Just no more llamas…

+1

[SoF]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

+1

when leaderboards will stop being about botting ranked

All is Vain~

in PvP

Lux.7169

+1

I don’t know anyone whose botted on the NA LB.

If you’re suggesting that I botted then feel free to whisper: Saekim, Jazz Tomassetti, Slaughter Melon, X Ekelon X, Hero Of Death, Thee Faux, or Amyzzzz

These were players I voice commed with often either duo, trio, quad or 5q’d with about 50+ times each to get my wins.

[SoF]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

+1

If you’re suggesting that I botted then feel free to whisper: Saekim, Jazz Tomassetti, Slaughter Melon, X Ekelon X, Hero Of Death, Thee Faux, or Amyzzzz

These were players I voice commed with often either duo, trio, quad or 5q’d with about 50+ times each to get my wins.

when did i say you botted? or do you feel guilty?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Archaon.9524

jack a lop> lama anyday

‘Miserable 60%’ is what top players in other Esports (e.g. LoL) usualy have in Solo Q.

Too bad this is not LoL…in gw2 60% is bad, not even talking about 50%, if you look at real top players they all have 70%+ at least…and it not all about going with premade teams, hiba for example despite going mostly solo still has 69%..

If you go here http://www.gw2score.com/PvP and sort ladder by win/loss ratio you’re gonna get a way more realistic ladder full of good players instead of a bunch of nonames farming ranked and loosing half matches

Sadly many players like zapdos and sizer don’t even bother playing ranked…and there’s a reason after all

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Lux.7169

+1

Why would I feel guilty?

And secondly, I never said that you accused me of botting.

Although, I must admit, I’d be pretty kitten proud of a bot with a 70%+ win rate on a non-meta thief.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

+1

Why would I feel guilty?

Although, I must admit, I’d be pretty kitten proud of a bot with a 70%+ win rate on a non-meta thief.

When i was still playing on NA i did see people bot because i play from EU so usually i played during so called “dead hours”…. i see same on EU during those hours~

You know it is a bot when character always runs same route, does exactly same spell rotation and doesn’t even bother defending themself if you attack them during that travel along their “route”.

Just because you didn’t bot doesn’t mean other didn’t.

Even if we assume that players didn’t bot it is undeniable that only thing that gets rewarded right now is farming and not actually being good at pvp/having good tactics etc. Should pvp really be about farming?

Also, stop taking it so personal /facepalm

All is Vain~

in PvP

Lux.7169

+1

Why would I feel guilty?

When i was still playing on NA i did see people bot because i play from EU so usually i played during so called “dead hours”…. i see same on EU during those hours~

You know it is a bot when character always runs same route, does exactly same spell rotation and doesn’t even bother defending themself if you attack them during that travel along their “route”.

Just because you didn’t bot doesn’t mean other didn’t.

Even if we assume that players didn’t bot it is undeniable that only thing that gets rewarded right now is farming and not actually being good at pvp/having good tactics etc. Should pvp really be about farming?

Also, stop taking it so personal /facepalm

Really? Because I played during all hours of over the break and didn’t once see anyone kittenembled a bot—except for one person whom I whispered and they competently replied back.

What’s the point of botting in pvp? You get more gold more quickly in PvE by botting and if you’re doing it for the armor then that’s pretty lackluster and the llamas are a joke with how many are already out there #4 llamas on this account and 2 on my alt… so I don’t even see a point to botting pvp as opposed to something like CoF.

Yup, this is a grind-board for people who want armor or a llama, pretty much. While in and of itself it’s not an ideal reward system I think there needs to be more things like this that reward grinding in pvp, and there also needs to be a better leaderboard reflective of the top players and rewarding them for their High MMR’s and continued activity without having to grind to maintain a top position.

Grinding PvP isn’t a bad thing and should come with its own decent rewards, but there also needs to be incentive to perform better and play semi-actively (without having to grind X games per day).

Basically re-implement the old LB with permanent decay and give higher rewards for players winning higher MMR matches.

Of course all of these things have been suggested and ignored for quite a while, but yes, I am not disagreeing with you: the current LB is a grind-fest that represents very little. Although I still feel like it should be generously rewarded, there needs to be -better- rewards for the better players.

That being said, I haven’t pvp’d the past 2-3 days and won’t unless my top5 is in jeopardy before noon tomorrow (since unlike most people I actually like the glow to the armor). I had fun playing gw2 a lot over the Christmas break but now I am back in the law school grind. They have their own leaderboards _

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)