Next season starts 8/22 according to pvp tab

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

In the pvp league tab, Season 7 was moved to the previous section. Season 8 is in the current section and shows the date as August 22 to October 16.

This would be the shortest gap between seasons.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

what, that would put the expansion release dead smack in the middle of the season.

That surely isn’t intended. Perhaps it’s just a automated system rolling the seasons over?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

what, that would put the expansion release dead smack in the middle of the season.

That surely isn’t intended. Perhaps it’s just a automated system rolling the seasons over?

It’s intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Nice. I’ll be able to work on the legendary armor sooner than expected.

Will gaps between seasons be short like this in the future?

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

We’re hoping to reduce the gaps from what they were in the past. The season schedule is never set in stone though. It’ll change depending on our release schedule.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

We’re hoping to reduce the gaps from what they were in the past. The season schedule is never set in stone though. It’ll change depending on our release schedule.

Will there be balance passes during this period or will we just get one or two after PoF to tone down things that slipped through the net and ended up far stronger than intended?

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Wow, I gotta practice sooner than I thought. Nice!

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Can we get maps worth queing up for. Maybe let TDM Sh and Conq be up for ranked. Dancing in and around little circles playing un competitive play style maps has killed my love of pvp after gw1 pvp and years in gw2 pvp.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

…soo SOF will release mid season?

Prepare the builds boys

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Sounds like this is gonna be a race to see who finds a broken build first to carry themselves to legend.

Don’t care honestly. I got mine.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

It’s weird logic. They have countless seasons where nothing is done during the season to fix issues, yet they are now starting a season when virtually EVERYTHING will change in the middle.

It’s a head scratcher, but maybe they are starting to realize how the rankings get so skewed anyway by exploiters that it doesn’t make a difference.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Actually that isn’t so bad. PoF goes live, there is a ranked season so peeps have stuff to do once they do PoF story or if they are not even intersted in it and want to go straight to new elite specs pvp. But this is a huge risk vs huge reward. There will be lots of people and if MMR manages to make so many one-sided matches as it usually does, many of new and returning players will leave PvP after this upcoming season. But if it all goes relatively well, it might turn this mode into a bright, new path. This is a chance for this mode to get back on a better track.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Any word on what the rewards will be? I liked the grandmaster tokens from last season, will they be here again?

in PvP

Posted by: bubby.9342

bubby.9342

Thanks for the off season time reduction hopefully it will be like this from now , helps for the legendary armor grind
Would really like to see reduction in length of one active season too
Cheers!

in PvP

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

Umm why in the world would you people ever consider that this would be a good idea?

So you start a new season so the expansion will drop in the middle of it? Wow… just wow.. so you mean half a season because there will be no pvp population when the expansion hits. Real smart… Oh and real smart move doing this so new elite specs will appear mid season thus making a cluster out of everything in general. SMH… typical lack of regard… I would say lack of planning but it was… “intended” Unbelievable…

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It’s weird logic. They have countless seasons where nothing is done during the season to fix issues, yet they are now starting a season when virtually EVERYTHING will change in the middle.

It’s a head scratcher, but maybe they are starting to realize how the rankings get so skewed anyway by exploiters that it doesn’t make a difference.

Dropping huge balance patches mid season is ultimately healthy. It helps ensures that the best players, those who can adapt and don’t just memorize a rotation someone else found, stay at the top. The only reason this is bad this time, is because so far some of the PoF specs look extremely overtuned, even compared to the original elite specs

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I don’t see what’s surprising. They have expac units to sell.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

Dropping huge balance patches mid season is ultimately healthy. It helps ensures that the best players, those who can adapt and don’t just memorize a rotation someone else found, stay at the top. The only reason this is bad this time, is because so far some of the PoF specs look extremely overtuned, even compared to the original elite specs

Lol these “elite” specs look like a total mess… So its a good idea cause the “best” players will benefit you think? That’s pretty funny. No one benefits from zero population and broken specs man. Dropping the expac mid season will take a very low player pop and make it near non existent… At that point the rank titles mean less than ZERO.

in PvP

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

Lol these “elite” specs look like a total mess… So its a good idea cause the “best” players will benefit you think? That’s pretty funny. No one benefits from zero population and broken specs man. Dropping the expac mid season will take a very low player pop and make it near non existent… At that point the rank titles mean less than ZERO.

the titles already mean absolutely noting to most of us anyway, Anyone that’s smart and knows hows the system works wont even bother jumping into spvp till After Mid season lol.

It’s sadden me that my favorite game mode has become noting over the years of this game being alive, what bothers me even more is the fact that “spvp rank” is meant to be for casual players who wants to take it “serious” but yet they reward everyone for the same progress and tracks…… Besides titles how cool is that?!

In short don’t take spvp rank serious if Anet wont either.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I agree with you in theory, but it just defies everything Anet has done in the past. If they were unwilling to make even minor changes to obvious problems in prior seasons, how do they rationalize basically changing EVERYTHING mid-season.

On top of that, if they are going to change mid-season, why are we even on break now? What’s the point of the break?

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

This is simple marketing.

New elite specializations will be overpowered, because they must sell, the expansion must sell. Having an expansion release in mid season, will make the whole meta shift around PoF, therefore you will no longer be strong if you do not have PoF.

PvP players will have to buy PoF, otherwise all their wins until that point will be for nothing. In my opinion this season is not about PvP dedication, it’s about milking a skinny cow that already gets no food in this expansion.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ