Nice matchmaking (/sarcasm)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So I was doing casual 4 manQ with some random people then this happened. Guess its the punishment for having won 4 times in a row and the game wanted us to loose?

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

I feel bad for you (/sarcasm)

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Yeah, feels really bad indeed

in PvP

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Side effect of a dwindling player base. I’ve seen worse.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I feel bad for you (/sarcasm)

I am not asking for sympathy, i just want to show anet how bad the mm is. The wait time wasnt even long, just around 5min, so shouldnt the +/- 15 pip range still apply?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

newbs, the game considers the sapphires to be rubies since they’re partied with a ruby. It was changed to prevent smurfing.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

newbs, the game considers the sapphires to be rubies since they’re partied with a ruby. It was changed to prevent smurfing.

Yes but I was the highest on the party with ruby 7 pips. Does not explain why they have a diamond.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Theoretical 30 pips range. If that solo guy is somewhere in t5 you could be easily facing diamonds.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I dunno for sure but me and my duo partner where we duoed had a fairly good match streak. Then at some point we got many lost streaks and only 1 win after 3 or 4 losses (upto 15 or so maybe?)

This happened mostly in the week though when I think not many people play. Then when Friday hit it seemed alot better and pretty much the MMR we wanted to see with very close matches.

During the week we go many Sapphire and sometimes even rubies to trample over us. Which felt really weird as this kept on going no matter how much we had lost.
Right now we’re soloing and it seems to go extremely well, as if we’re in MMR we don’t really belong in. Basically because we tanked our MMR so low as a duo?

I dunno. It’s something ArenaNet can look into the MMR bonus you get playing as a duo, or more players. Obviously based on very little matches this might be sheer coincidence, but if I were to base it on my sole experience, it seems the system needs some tweaking in the how to deal with various sizes of teams.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

I don’t know why anet calls this garbage leagues, it doesn’t feel like a league system at all, why on earth do you need to play other players from other divisions, you play players from your division, this is just a re-skin of the same garbage system, anet you don’t show me an mmr I am not going to believe anything.

in PvP

Posted by: zorro tehl.6243

zorro tehl.6243

Seems most PvP games are slaughters in one direction or the other which isn’t fun on either side and somewhat strange if league placement reflects player skill. Close is ideal—keeps everyone engaged and the wins are sweeter. Would be nice not to have teams suffer when someone is trying a new class (maybe class-based league rankings). Is just pip total comparison sufficient for team pairing and for quick league stratification? Would like to see emphasis on forcing players to balance offense/defense/support options for their class actively; dump passive skill effects. Would like to see duplicate classes disallowed on a team which necessarily eliminates switching once teams are in-game (otherwise go pre-made). Could also narrow pip spread (15 to 10) for teaming to get more even fights especially as season progresses—will always be chaotic at season start. Each team ought to have a shot at winning each game they enter—don’t need an algorithm to assist in racking up losses.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Yes but I was the highest on the party with ruby 7 pips. Does not explain why they have a diamond.

I highly doubt that 1 diamond player was the reason yall lost by 300 points

But ya, duo/trio teams will yield higher mmr soloQ players if i’m not mistaken.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld