No Balance for sept 17 - oct 1 patches

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

In the GW2TPvP channel chat, dev Jon Peters dropped some info on this fine Thursday morning, see attachment.

UPDATE:
Despite Jon’s post in the thread, there were no balance changes in the Oct 1 patch, OUCH!

Attachments:

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

(edited by Serdoc.7261)

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

So I’m going to be the skeptic here.
- What proof is there that the user is actually Jon Peters?
- How do we know that was not photo-shopped?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Well, was kind of expecting this. They’ve got big mess to clean up, and I doubt they were focusing much on balance due to the PAX tourney, so they’re likely using this time to examine the way the game is played.
That said, I’m not expecting the drought to end with a massive patch.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Serdoc.7261

I did photo shop in the orange lines to help with reading the text :P

As for proof it is Jon Peters, I have no solid 100% proof, but he posts and chats all the time in the stream, everyone talks to him like it is the real Jon Peters, and has for the last several weeks.

But hay, you don’t have to believe me I just don’t want people getting their hopes up when it comes to balance.

#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

But hay, you don’t have to believe me I just don’t want people getting their hopes up when it comes to balance.

I don’t think anyone does that anymore.

If you have kept your hopes up through all of the past patches, every single terrible one, I doubt one more setback will bring them down.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Large QOL will probably matchmaking fix and leaderboard decay. Pls suprise me.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Serdoc.7261

Later on in the chat (did not SS it) Jon did mention targeting as a possible QOL fix, so hopefully we get an option to have tab targeting ignore pets/spirits.

#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

why doesn’t jon mention these things and have conversations here on the forum instead of in the twitch thing

in PvP

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

So, another month playing with necros and stun warriors? No, thanks.

Really do they need 2-3 months for do a real balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

When I saw the real Jon Peters typing in the in-game chat during beta, his typing style was nothing like that. I’m going to remain skeptical here.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

When I saw the real Jon Peters typing in the in-game chat during beta, his typing style was nothing like that. I’m going to remain skeptical here.

I can totally see what you mean. In the screen shot it’s quite apparent he is typing left handed…

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

The game will be playable by the end of the year, or not even then. Metro last light was at 60% discount on steam, just saying . There is other fish in the sea.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

While I am all for tab targetting ignoring pets and spirits…. will it make it so that mesmer clones are no longer “tab targetable.” They are meant to be a little bit of a distraction its kinda pointless to even use them to that end if all someone has to do is tab and bam they have you targeted. And yes there are some mesmers that actually do very well at blending in.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

tks for the info Jon better late then never i guess

in PvP

Serdoc.7261

Thank you Jon, you da man
I will edit the post.

#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Please…more info as we get close to Oct 1st, we don’t want another messed up meta.
Not that you guys will certainly mess up but … just try giving some info the closer we get to the patch, for constructive discussion..

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

So what can PvP expect if there is no balance changes?

I have the feeling that all of this is hyping up the october patch and that will disappoint as usual. Plus I don’t expect anyone to play between now and then

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

(edited by Super Riceman.8702)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Sigh. It is good to know that ele will continue to remain 100% irrelevant until then, and probably still after then. This is the penance for being very good (even slightly OP) for 3 months: you are completely removed from the game for 3-6 months. At least I won’t get my hopes up or step into pvp for the next month.

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I can totally see what you mean. In the screen shot it’s quite apparent he is typing left handed…

In terms of grammar/punctuation, that chat just didn’t look like how I remember. You’ve never had a situation where you thought a person was somebody else because their sentence structure changed? At any rate, he’s clarified so we don’t have much more to discuss.

in PvP

Posted by: kreios.7108

kreios.7108

Ok then se u 1st Oct maybe I’m refusing to play until the fix ranger

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

what exactly have you been doing the past 2.5 months?

in PvP

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

Game Update Notes – October 1, 2013

sPvP:

Necromancer:
Grasping Dead: This skill now applies one stack of bleeding instead of two (PvP only).

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: rtnieuwboer.6071

rtnieuwboer.6071

So ‘Jon Peters’, don’t lose faith in the sPvP community.
I can only speak for myself, ill be back at October 1st ;p

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

It would be nice to have another case of “leaked” patch notes so that players can offer feedback before it goes into the game. If nothing else it’ll give us something to debate.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

You need to get out more.

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

what exactly have you been doing the past 2.5 months?

Maybe changes to the reward system but most likely nothing. All that seems to have been announced is that there is no point in playing pvp until october 1st

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Is this indicative of a quarterly pace of balance updates in the future?

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

It would be nice to have another case of “leaked” patch notes so that players can offer feedback before it goes into the game. If nothing else it’ll give us something to debate.

LOL…..that was an epic failure. the leaked patch notes were so bad. Good thing we helped them fix it up.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

So basically it’s another month of condi spamming and stunlock warriors meta? Alright I guess I’m done with GW2 for the moment. People have been complaining about the condition meta for a good two months, but ANet has done absolutely nothing about it by now.

PAX has clearly shown how cheesy and unenjoyable the current meta is, crowning in SYNC having two spirit ranger and still getting face stomped by a warrior that can literally kill anything in 1on1 while still being tanky as kitten.

I still don’t get the “hotfix” nerf for the ranger class. If you’re planning to balance in October anyway, why would you nerf a single, and probably the only viable ranger build there is (and therefore reduce variety), but leave its hardcounter (warrior) untouched? I’m sorry to break it to you, but there is almost no counterplay to warriors atm, just like there was almost none to spirit rangers, which were just as OP. Both builds are mindlessly easy to play and the nerf just shifted the bandwagoners from Rangers to Warriors.

Another thing that really grinds my gear is solo Q: Its not only that the team with more condition classes/pressure usually wins teamfights, but also the matchups itself. Sometimes your team consists of lets say: 2 Ele, 2 Mesmer and a Thief and your matched up against 2 Necros, an Engi, a Sp.-Ranger and a Guard, which basically means an instant loss most of the time. Conditions are so out of hands, it’s just tiring.

Enough whine for the moment, but here’s a suggestion how to make solo Q more enjoyable: Why don’t you introduce a system, which only allows 1 class per team? Sure this would probably mean longer queue times, but it would finally provide more even matches, because the system now is just like rolling dices: totally random.

A furious thief.

Retired GW2 Player

(edited by laquito.5269)

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

While I share your anger with you on the Spirit Ranger,laquito. But in my point of view, CC warrior is absolutely not a facestorm class. Condition Warrior, maybe but CC Warrior, not so much. The distinguish between a good CC Warrior and a bad CC Warrior is as clear as day and night. A bad CC Warrior will ALWAYS let you loose a few times during the stun, I use that time to kite, recover myself, getting prepare better for the next stun while a Good CC Warrior will give you NO time to get a hold of yourself. I have been duelling with them both and I can tell you that with my pride put on the line that CC Warrior is not a faceroll class like a lot of people have been mistaken. I don’t know how to deal with CC WARRIOR as a Thief, so can not give you advice there. However, I play Engineer Triple Kit Teldo-Style with the use of no Stunbreaker and like I said, bad CC. Warrior will NEVER can win against this build with my playstyle but CC Warrior will ALWAYS kill me from 100% to 0%.

By no means, I don’t play Warrior as a main and it by far my favourite class. So please exclude me from the thought that because I like one,I speak good for them.

Cheers.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

While I share your anger with you on the Spirit Ranger,laquito. But in my point of view, CC warrior is absolutely not a facestorm class. Condition Warrior, maybe but CC Warrior, not so much. The distinguish between a good CC Warrior and a bad CC Warrior is as clear as day and night. A bad CC Warrior will ALWAYS let you loose a few times during the stun, I use that time to kite, recover myself, getting prepare better for the next stun while a Good CC Warrior will give you NO time to get a hold of yourself. I have been duelling with them both and I can tell you that with my pride put on the line that CC Warrior is not a faceroll class like a lot of people have been mistaken. I don’t know how to deal with CC WARRIOR as a Thief, so can not give you advice there. However, I play Engineer Triple Kit Teldo-Style with the use of no Stunbreaker and like I said, bad CC. Warrior will NEVER can win against this build with my playstyle but CC Warrior will ALWAYS kill me from 100% to 0%.

By no means, I don’t play Warrior as a main and it by far my favourite class. So please exclude me from the thought that because I like one,I speak good for them.

Cheers.

What’s a facestorm ??

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Balance means more people for pvp team? Because you have 4 teams only for living story and how many people for spvp? 2-3?

I don’t understand…you have now 2-weeks patch, why do you want to come back in 1 month patch to balance this game?

Spvp needs A LOT of changes, 1 month is too slow. You really need to give more people to pvp teams, this game will not ever be a serious pvp game if your resources are so few.

I really lost my hopes for spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Faceroll, correction : Faceroll…Thank you my auto-correction :P

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Game Update Notes – October 1, 2013

sPvP:

Necromancer:
Grasping Dead: This skill now applies one stack of bleeding instead of two (PvP only).

elementalist added a new animation for fiery greatsword, removed rl to compensate
memer added an extra butterfly,reduced phantasm dmg by 75 percent to compensate
thief: added an extra sec on revealed.in addition to that gave the thief 4 more eveade skills to compensate
warrior: added 4 more stuns and decreased cooldowns on mace skills
necro: removed 1 second of burn, increased dhuum duration to compensate and added 1 bleed stack
ranger: added a new spirit

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

This is why I said I would wait for results before changing my opinion of anet. It isn’t hard to make a big post saying how much you care and how hard you work. It’s a lot harder to actually deliver on it. You actually think three months between balance patches is acceptable? And you actually expect people to believe you are dedicated to pvp?

Riot has the TM on Soon. Maybe you guys should submit a request for “No, that’s next patch.”

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Where did all the people go who designed Guild Wars 1 PvP? Rehire them to save this game.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

So, this 17th patch … not gonna have balance changes … fair enough.
However, are there bug fixes planned, there are several bugs with skills still around since release and others still lingering from other patches released along the way.

Some examples from elementalist (other classes also have problems):
*Delayed skills (such as dragons tooth) can be interrupted or blinded AFTER the skill has been successfully cast.
*Lingering elements …. need I say more
*Air signet not working correctly with written in stone.
The list goes on.

Since there is no balance patch, can we expect a bug fix patch (something further then tooltip fixes) and get rid of these bugs?

Thanks in advanced

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Faceroll, correction : Faceroll…Thank you my auto-correction :P

I still want to know what a facestorm is and why your phone thinks that’s what you meant.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

I was thinking this all night long Jon.. I am not going to say much because I really thing you need to understand this decision on your own.

Remember a few weeks before what you said about trying not to make the balance whack-a-mole and now, think what you are doing with 1 big “balance” patch every 2-3 months, instead of many small balance patches..

I beg You to think about it..

~A humble player that really wants to see this game becoming the best game ever made.

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

So sad..False hopes are bad…I wonder if even 15th oct will be the date…

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Pretty sure they mentioned a week or two ago that they were going to do it on Oct 15th instead, he probably just forgot to edit the post.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Yeah, even thought this is written up. I saw a post noting the balance is coming with the leagues reset, was pushed back to like the 15th or so. Same update that the wvw ranks are getting reset. There’s a sneak peak at the balance updates out there too if you Google it.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So does anyone know of there will be NO balance patches at all after WvW leagues start for the next 2 months(I think it is about 7 weeks or 2 months that league season 1?)

Or will there still be patches for smaller stuff and only bigger changes be delayed?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Hello

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Patchnotes …incomplete?.. or did devs scrap buffing warriors?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Hello

FYI this is why they don’t tell us what the patch notes are. If people like you are going to nit-pick at a single discrepancy which was already publicly addressed then how the hell do you expect them to release a fluid set of notes subject to change?

They said the patch will be on the 15th. Chill the kitten out people.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Hello

FYI this is why they don’t tell us what the patch notes are. If people like you are going to nit-pick at a single discrepancy which was already publicly addressed then how the hell do you expect them to release a fluid set of notes subject to change?

Fine but the context is that october 1st is already 2 months after people wanted changes. So don’f forget that. If they delay something which already got delayed for stupid reasons then people should not accept it.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Sept 17th = no balance
Oct 1st = yes balance

Hello

It’s ok. They can take their time. When 0 people watches the pvp stream you might realize 4 months of doing nothing is way too much.