No Balance patch! Feb 23rd

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh how I miss the GW1 days when there was an entire kittening expansion released EVERY SIX MONTHS instead of these pointless bugfixes and tooltip changes

This is inaccurate. It took them a year to push out Factions. Only Nightfall met the 6 month deadline, post Factions. Even EotN came about 10 months after Nightfall.

Prophecies: April 28, 2005
Factions: April 28, 2006
Nightfall: October 27, 2006
EotN: August 31st, 2007

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in PvP

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Co to kurwa jest ?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They already did their balance patch. We gotta wait 3-4 months for the next one now don’t we?

If I’m not mistaken they said they’d do the major one, and do another (smaller) balance patch before the season started to fix outliers made by the larger update.

That’s the problem the last patch did create (and/or not remove some previous) outliers, and nothing happened. They even hinted at a “small balance update” today, but these where bug fixes and hardly helpful to what the game needed.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I can’t believe I came back today to see changes like this. Not what I was expecting. What a utter disappointment. It looks like more people are going to leave pvp and gw2. Great job balance team.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

Oh how I miss the GW1 days when there was an entire kittening expansion released EVERY SIX MONTHS instead of these pointless bugfixes and tooltip changes

This is inaccurate. It took them a year to push out Factions. Only Nightfall met the 6 month deadline, post Factions. Even EotN came about 10 months after Nightfall.

Well, these are still amazingly fast compared to the updates we are getting today. Lets compare it to this:

Work on GW2 started in 2007, it was published in 2012 and we got the first expansion Q4 2015. Something must have happened to either their economy or the development processes.

(edited by Revolutionen.5693)

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, these are still amazingly faster than the updates we are getting today. Lets compare that to this:

Work on GW2 started in 2007, it was published in 2012 and we got the first expansion Q4 2015. Something must have happened to either their economy or the development processes.

Lol. Yes, they were faster, but that’s beside the point. I was merely correcting your statement that GW1 campaigns (not even technically expansion, until EotN) came every 6 months. Beyond that, I’m no going to compare. They are 2 totally different beasts and the company is much different now than it was in 2005/6/7.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

That was way less than I expected…. They could’ve done some pretty decent balance-changes that where only minor number-tweaks that didn’t take much effort…

Pretty disappointed… That being said, I think the meta is better than at the start of the last league-season. Doesn’t say too much though. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yeah every six months a whole one time !

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

January 26, 2016 Balanced patch, did change a lot about the bunker quickness META.

The changes over the bruisers amulet to amulet with more dps, less sustain is great.

Now, we have a clear DPS, Bruisers and Bunker/Support trinity based on amulet.

QQ all you want, I would had love more fine tuning, but it’s way better now than it was in December 2015.

Anet will give us new specialization down the road, before the next expac… this will help to balanced more than 1 viable build per class we all want to have.

Let’s see how Season 2 turns out. And hope they can buff unused things into spvp, so we can get more viable build for our game mode.

Dal Éthernel

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

January 26, 2016 Balanced patch, did change a lot about the bunker quickness META.

The changes over the bruisers amulet to amulet with more dps, less sustain is great.

Now, we have a clear DPS, Bruisers and Bunker/Support trinity based on amulet.

QQ all you want, I would had love more fine tuning, but it’s way better now than it was in December 2015.

Anet will give us new specialization down the road, before the next expac… this will help to balanced more than 1 viable build per class we all want to have.

Let’s see how Season 2 turns out. And hope they can buff unused things into spvp, so we can get more viable build for our game mode.

Dal Éthernel

This post encapsulates my thinking.

I don’t know what people in this forum were expecting, but i guess it goes back again to the same problem: perceptions and customer service.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

They didn’t even bug fix, for example Final Salvo still doesn’t give stability on Function Gyro use, but the Tooltip sure looks spiffy.

And the Function Gyro tooltip is still bugged, says it gives 2 stacks of stability. 4Head

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

It’s because they have 2 people, a stapler, a trash can, and an empty shoe box working on pvp. We have all said it a million times. Great combat system, everything else has been and will continue to be terrible.

I blame a certain somebody, he knows who he is, I’m not allowed to say his name on the forums anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

They didn’t even bug fix, for example Final Salvo still doesn’t give stability on Function Gyro use, but the Tooltip sure looks spiffy.

And the Function Gyro tooltip is still bugged, says it gives 2 stacks of stability. 4Head

I have my warrior skill complaints as well.
Tool tips and actual skills struggle to match up.
Proof reading is hard in coding though. After like 5000 lines of code I could easily misread a number for example.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have my warrior skill complaints as well.
Tool tips and actual skills struggle to match up.
Proof reading is hard in coding though. After like 5000 lines of code I could easily misread a number for example.

I’m gonna have to agree with the bolded, to a certain extent. When you stare at code, and databases, and UI crap all day long, eventually it starts blurring together. Doesn’t matter if you’re the dev or the qa. Sometimes little things (and not so little things) slip by.

Edit: I should probably point out that proof reading for these types of mistakes in general is difficult. Because the brain tends to “automatically” fix things for us, so even though we see the mistake, we don’t exactly process it. Anyone that has ever done a lot of proofing for a language class, or tutoring, should understand.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

The game at current, is balanced. More than its ever been.

in PvP

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Just another 2 months for Anet to attempt to “balance” the game again. For how long we have to wait this better be hell of a good patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

And once again, they nerf elementalist. Warhorn’s Cyclone was written unblockable on tooltip; they simply removed that tooltip and called it a fix instead on making it unblockable. Same thing happened with the water GM Soothing Power that was written 200% —> correct tooltip to 100% instead of adjusting proper values.

Plus, I can’t wait to get those 25 bleeding stacks from druids pet now that companion’s might is fixed…….

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

They won’t stack much bleeds. Smokescale and bristle have slow autoattacks. The might will be more noticeable, but i don’t think many want to give up traited shouts (and you can easily put 25 stacks might on the pets anyways).

Meanwhile bristle still not fixed …

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

how can you see this “Astral force is now cleared at the beginning of a PvP match.” as a nurf

it doesn’t effect damage , its a Match Quality change why should it start with AF when it can charge up very quickly (if used correctly).

ps now we have Pet trait fixes on the HoT pets they will be working as normal so prepair for more Scrub pvp’ers to complain.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

they said little and yall expect meta changing big…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

No, we expected something. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

No, we expected more than a bunch of tooltip fixes and visual bug fixes that have zero effect on the actual game.

in PvP

Posted by: Mohagi.2738

Mohagi.2738

And once again, they nerf elementalist. Warhorn’s Cyclone was written unblockable on tooltip; they simply removed that tooltip and called it a fix instead on making it unblockable. Same thing happened with the water GM Soothing Power that was written 200% —> correct tooltip to 100% instead of adjusting proper values.

Plus, I can’t wait to get those 25 bleeding stacks from druids pet now that companion’s might is fixed…….

Aye that was a slap in the face, not like Warhorn sees much use anyway outside of PVE with its clunky skills. Have been trying to make a S/X fresh air build work but guess its time to roll another class since i really dont wanna play the boring healbot for the next couple of months.
Not that the Cyclone change broke the build but was naively hoping they would do something to fix Scepter before the season started, guess Shatterstone + 250 ferocity for 5 sec on air swap was it….

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

Why do I still have expectations when it comes to PvP balance?

I think this was the last straw for me.

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I was totally expecting balance updates today due to a new season starting. I mean balance patch update on or before a new season starts make more sense than a balance patch towards the end of a season.

I also play WvW side of things and was expecting to see changes there, and fixes to oasis lag issues. Nope, nothing there either.

It makes you wonder what in the world they’re doing with all the time they’ve had this past month.

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

I was totally expecting balance updates today due to a new season starting. I mean balance patch update on or before a new season starts make more sense than a balance patch towards the end of a season.

I also play WvW side of things and was expecting to see changes there, and fixes to oasis lag issues. Nope, nothing there either.

It makes you wonder what in the world they’re doing with all the time they’ve had this past month.

They seriously changed NOTHING. Number tweaks don’t even take long, and everyone knows the few classes that need number tweaks. Reduce damage on rev sword 2, tone down chill damage, tone down scrapper defenses, increase mesmer great sword damage. These things aren’t hard to do and I think 90% of the community would agree with these changes. I don’t get it.

in PvP

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I would have to agree that is not even a minor balance patch, it is a few bug fixes.

Edit: to be clear I enjoy PvP atm and think the balance is not bad , but these just aren’t balance changes. Think about it, if bug fixes are balance changes you can’t fix bugs during a season

(edited by Toeofdoom.6152)

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

ded gaem

15dedgaems

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

this game is garbage, anet is garbage

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

The game at current, is balanced. More than its ever been.

Except not. Try playing without Hot. The huge powercreep wasn’t dealt with at all. Not even bugfixes for core specs.

Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I don’t own HoT. If I wanted to come back to at least try the new season, should I bother? If I should bother, what core professions are competitive? Thanks in advance.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t own HoT. If I wanted to come back to at least try the new season, should I bother? If I should bother, what core professions are competitive? Thanks in advance.

Only core class worth playing right now is…. Warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

Simply put, you don’t stand a chance, check my post above yours.

Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Mesmer didnt get anything because the class is perfect as is… Epic fail on Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

None of the core profs are viable. The only ones worth playing are Scrapper Engi, Reaper Necro, Revenants, and Tempest support Ele. #AnetBalance

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

According to anet balance is removing amulets.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Your post was what made me respond. I wanted to gauge how you guys felt about it. Is that really the overall consensus? That Elite specs re pretty much required to be competitive? They say they are trying to grow esports and then hide all the competitive specs behind the HoT paywall? I guess I’ll wait to return then unless someone has a core spec or two they’d like to share that is competitive. Thanks again for the feedback.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Your post was what made me respond. I wanted to gauge how you guys felt about it. Is that really the overall consensus? That Elite specs re pretty much required to be competitive? They say they are trying to grow esports and then hide all the competitive specs behind the HoT paywall? I guess I’ll wait to return then unless someone has a core spec or two they’d like to share that is competitive. Thanks again for the feedback.

Theyre not competitive. Don’t waste your time. Balance is a complete joke. If you don’t own HoT, you can’t compete. HoT elite specs (aside from Thief, Mesmer, warrior), are completely overturned and need changes that ANET obviously doesn’t care to do as all their MLG pro teams kitten with mirror comps of 2xRev, Scrapper, Reaper, Tempest.

Find a better game. I know I am. (Been playing off and on since beta). I hear a lot of people are going to Blade and Soul, Black Desert or The Division.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

no they are not required , i’ve played many games without spec’ing druid before i bought HoT played for a few weeks without the expansion.

the whole issue atm is Newbies are still into the full zerker or full bunker meta and without the Celeamulet to carry them people are adapting to the new combat styles things can’t be 2-3 shotted anymore it takes skill to open up windows to down a foe.

generaly a decent pvp build now need Defensive traits things like Striders defence and quick draw will Save you a lot lot of hassle try those two out on the skirmishing line.

Go Beastmastery use the pet as the damage source.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAR8YnUqA9CiVsA2CCctgBGhiD3jOA+nY1bZf0HhTvkpFG-TpBFQBtY/hCcQAAwRAQdXAAAWGABPAAA

atleast this way it’ll feel like a warroir untill you get more of a Feeling on how ranger works and that is through knowing how a pet works.

with this you’ll have more than enough healing , blocks and ample CC use your evades and Striders defence to avoid damage.

just remember the Striders defence trait only works vs projectiles so attack on the offensive with the gs before or during a pet swap .

this is a throw together but with Perma vigor and Evasive purity you’ll never be slowed or Poisoned so the 3k ticks will always heal for the full amount.

the Skill Guard is Opitional
other choices
Frost trap(highest direct damage trap and Chill condi (helps Reapers deal more damage)

Spike trap (just for the KD and its very useful when kiting around , just note while using spike trap striders defence does not so watch out for pew pew and don’t plant it directly at the feet of a Foe keep just outside of cleave range the traps radius will reach)

Lastly
Muddy terrain highly Underestimated can be used vs group fights (when you see large amounts of Red circles kite around and Throw mud in thier faces maximise the damage comming from the circles.)

Pet choice altenatives
Smokescale or Bristleback

Smokescale if you choose guard the amount of damage this pet can obsorb while evading makes Guard a very powerful Team tool.

If no HoT pets toy can use a few of the following

Wolf+lighting drake
Pink MoA+Krytan hound (Daze and stun lock into place with muddy terrain Petswap> pet f2 Immobo>GS maul a very fast combo to do)

Cave spider (long duration weakness ,poison cloud,) + Wolf/Alpine wolf

its more about Managing foes than damaging with this build let the pet do to focusing and you follow up for the kill or attack at the same time.

pro tip Never Attack without the pet nearby.

this Petswap beastmaster type build gives the best of both worlds without having to worry about pet postioning you can just focus on the target infront of you best to learn that before you start to learn how to Juggle and manage more than one target.

use Heal as one at the high point of the boons durations at around 70-75% hp don’t go too low , the healing ticks of regen should be enough to keep you going but you might have to struggle with the boon maintaince rotations.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)