No QQ post, but rly... solo q.... anet

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

As said in the title, I’m not going to complain about to many things, since I do think the state of the game is a-ok, classes are viable enough and there’s finally a LITTLE BIT of build diversity.. BUT..

SOLO Q MATCHMAKING -

kitten happened to proper matchmaking? It’s impossible to Solo Q yourself up to new divisions since it’s win 1, maybe another 1, and lose 2-3 matches again straight after.

I honestly don’t give a crap about leagues since they don’t indicate any skill or whatsoever, nor the backpiece, I care about personal progression. Progression as in, getting (alot) better at whatever you play and/or rotation wise. But if the matchmaking can’t be worked out properly even that is hard to achieve. I can’t carry a whole team simply because they are to kitten to rotate properly.

Please do something about it.

-Sâmbuca

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They need to really improve personal score, taking account all what each player does, and splitting the score proportionally between all involved instead giving the same score regardless of participation.

Currently personal score is not really meaningful and doesn’t really show personal participation.

Once personal score really matches personal participation, it should be used as part of a “MVP award” system that gives awards to players that do better in combat and are responsible for more of the score, and also allows players to vote the guy who did it best in the match between a selection from both teams.

Gathering enough MVP awards would then give stronger pips that can take more loses. The higher the division, the less loses they can take, and the number of MVP awards earned would also affect matchmaking.

This would mean that if you do better, you would go up faster than those who do bad, even if you lose because your team mates, and if you are constantly carrying teams, you would go up faster than those getting carried.

There should also be a ‘stick with this team’ option next to the leave match option, to queue again right away with the same people you just participated, so if you get a nice team, it’s easier to stick with them a few more matches.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

This has already been discussed to death.
To make it short: If you have reached the point where your winrate is approximately 50%, you have reached equilibrium.
You will only advance if you improve your gameplay relative to you other fellow players.

As the league works since season one, there is no feeling of progress. As this core to a mmo, I can see why you want that and even agree that this would be beneficial.

You just have to separate your request for the feeling of progress for invested time from the progress from skill improvement (although both are linked to a certain degree).

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

I just played a match with a thief who let ppl die and go 1v1 offpoint losing everything and a nec who ran into traps waiting till they killed him…. -_- it’s IMPOSSIBLE to carry this kind of people… you srsly lose everytime you get this kind of matchups it’s a big kittening JOKE

-Sâmbuca

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

How do you calculate personal score? Decaps, caps, kills or some other measurements? I think there’s really no point to change system right now. If you change it so personal score depends you will see more double cappings and 2 or more people trying to kill beasts in Nifhleh or doing something else than actually capping points and trying to win.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

How do you calculate personal score? Decaps, caps, kills or some other measurements? I think there’s really no point to change system right now. If you change it so personal score depends you will see more double cappings and 2 or more people trying to kill beasts in Nifhleh or doing something else than actually capping points and trying to win.

Nope. If that’ll be if personal score is kept as it is right now, which doesn’t work.

The problem with improving personal scoring is determining and detecting all possible cases. There’s A LOT.

For example with a capture point, there’s mostly 2 main possibilities, there’s enemies around or no enemies around. If there’s no enemies around, then you have the number of players.

• If there’s no enemies around, then it may be a player alone, or multiple players.
    • If there’s one player. It’s just like now. All score to one.
    • If there’s multiple player, then the score will go first come first served, and the cap/decap ticks would score higher towards the end. The first one who arrives and stays until capture gets all the score. A second player getting in won’t get score, because they are doing nothing at all other than standing there and wasting time. If the one who first arrived leaves and someone else stays, the one who leaves gets score based on a percentage, weighted progressively towards the end of the cap/decap, so the first second of of someone that just runs over the point won’t give as much score (if any at all) as someone who is there in the last second that actually gets the job done.
  • If there’s enemies around, the score will be split between those staying in the point and those using control effects on enemies to push them out and keep out the point, those giving support effects, and those defeating enemies. And those can of course be one and the same so all that score can be either split or go to one.

As you see, it’s sounds rather complicated, but unless you improve personal participation scoring, there won’t be any way to get proper personal progress, soloQ being affected too much by luck.

The choices are there:

• Keep systematic problem.
  • Change system.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)