No Solo-Queue

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Did Anet just confirm no solo-queue with their blogpost today? One day before leagues and no mention of the most important feature missing from PvP. Are the ugly wings suppose to incentivize me to get slaughtered throughout the season?

… I still want tengu.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

where is the blog post?

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

where is the blog post?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-pvp-league-begins-on-december-1/

And no balance, which I already expected.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: arguden.7821

arguden.7821

Nice ! Time to find a guild so we queue together to stomp people xd hahahaha no solo q are you kittening me ahaha

ps: if anyone wants to queue together,its fine as long as you aren’t a thief or warrior. god bless this balanced game of ours

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

“Before every competition season, there will be a balance patch. There is a delay of 2 weeks before the PvP season starts. The season will last for 8 weeks. There are plans for 3 seasons per year.”

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-twitchcon-pvp-leagues-info/

Well played AN, well played. Rip balance cadence that we never got a chance to meet. Also no soloq so i will be farmed over and over like a scrub by premades. #esport

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

Wow the wings look like kitten rofl

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

There is still a glimmer of hope guys they stated that you’d have a personal league score not.sure if that means solo q can only hope

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

New players are not supposed to know this, but there actually was a solo queue at a point in the history of the game. It was almost empty, therefore the match-making was terrible and even low tier players (like I was a year ago) got 15 minute queue times, to endup in a terrible one-sided stomp. Every decent player was forced to queue alone in teamq. Anet removed soloq to shorten queue times and to add a distinction between casual (unranked) and serious pvp (ranked).

Long story short, if the population does not increase drastically, soloq is not coming back. And frankly, it wouldn’t change much. How many times do you run into a full premade with all solos? I know almost noons on these forums has a high enough MMR for it to be problem, unless you only queue at 4am. You can see the team compositions by opening the in-game match recap at the end of the game.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

New players are not supposed to know this, but there actually was a solo queue at a point in the history of the game. It was almost empty, therefore the match-making was terrible and even low tier players (like I was a year ago) got 15 minute queue times, to endup in a terrible one-sided stomp. Every decent player was forced to queue alone in teamq. Anet removed soloq to shorten queue times and to add a distinction between casual (unranked) and serious pvp (ranked).

Long story short, if the population does not increase drastically, soloq is not coming back. And frankly, it wouldn’t change much. How many times do you run into a full premade with all solos? I know almost noons on these forums has a high enough MMR for it to be problem, unless you only queue at 4am. You can see the team compositions by opening the in-game match recap at the end of the game.

How often do I run into a full premade with all solos? Let’s rephrase that question. How often do I run into a premade of three or more players with an entirely solo/duo queue team? Roughly half of my matches – more than half if I queue on Stronghold.

With that absurdity out of the way, let’s address why this is bullkitten. No competitive game can be sustainable without providing a casual safety net. None. This is why you see a majority of new MOBA titles fail, for example. Even standouts that have competitive potential and successfully distinguish themselves from other games cannot form a sizable competitive pool without forming some sort of reliable difficulty curve for new players.

What happened with Super Monday Night Combat, for example? A legitimately interesting and difficult game was neutered early on by a failure on its part to separate the best players in the game from everyone else. New players were completely turned off by the prospect of being turned into farming victims, and the game failed to build a sizable competitive scene to keep queue times short for those competitive players.

Merged queues are a joke. They aren’t a solution. They are a quick fix that ultimately kills your pvp scene in the long run. And don’t even start with the touted “highest growth sector” and “largest pvp community Guild Wars 2 has ever had” kitten. These claims were made immediately after the free to play launch. It stands to reason that the lowest population sector of the game would experience the largest percentage of growth with a free to play transition. But that f2p switch can only be flipped once, and the PvP community is only going to dwindle. Hell, my queue times are already lengthening. And all because there is no legitimate safe zone for the casual player.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

snip

Thank you for sharing. You may be right. Still, Anet made clear soloq was not coming back, and that was the question asked in this trait. Your opinion probably won’t change that, but it was an interesting reading anyway.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: KyorFish.5896

KyorFish.5896

Anyone else find it funny the class they show with the wings is a thief? Like they are saying since you will never see this in game lets show you the screen shot. Also I bet the other guy with his back turned is a warrior.

No Solo-Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

Anyone else find it funny the class they show with the wings is a thief? Like they are saying since you will never see this in game lets show you the screen shot. Also I bet the other guy with his back turned is a warrior.

that’s an engi
so buff engi??

also i dont see anywhere saying solo q is gone. only see guild league.

(edited by Milan.9035)