No balance patch till spring 2016?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX

already.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Why is anybody surprised by this? This is Anet. This game is for casual lolz only. They don’t take it seriously, so why should you?

I’ll just keep being fodder for the guys who payed to be better than my base class.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Pre-Expansion we had Ranger which was separate from the top end PvP circles, and Necromancer pre-HoT is similar to the state of Thief now – only the best mechanical players, backed up by a strong team could hang with the other top picks.

Post-Expansion, we have a totally inadequate Warrior, and Thief on the verge of being worth.

So in terms of cross profession balance, things didn’t change a whole lot for the worse, just got shuffled around.

Revenant, Guardian, Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Necromancer – these professions are all going to be extremely powerful in the hands of a powerful player.

What’s not awesome is that Arenanet has gone against their balance philosophy of making core specs and elite specs on the same power level. The Elite specs, with the exception of Berserker, are all varying degrees of power ups.

I’d hope that playing Warrior and Thief soon won’t feel like a handicap for the average (or pro) player.

It’s totally possible to take PvP seriously. It’s ok to mourn for your Warrior, or your viability if you haven’t purchased HoT.

The competitive teams of 5 players will soon have lots to work towards with the impending league system.

Can we get a solo queue for everybody who’s not currently in 5-man player mode?

If Arenanet is so against solo queue, can we please get the proper tools for solo queue teams to fight back against organized enemy team comps and VOIP?

I’m talking about:

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Well, I would not want to be in the balance team… If people actually posted their ideas of balance with numbers.

Like… 15% damage nerf on True Shot.

How do you manage to help Warrior without making them overpowered?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Why is anybody surprised by this? This is Anet. This game is for casual lolz only. They don’t take it seriously, so why should you?

I’ll just keep being fodder for the guys who payed to be better than my base class.

Yet they have been going hardcore for 2+ years about how they want to make Spvp a Esport, they put tons of $$$ into marketing and setting up the Abjured nicely on twitch ect.

I think they care a lot about Spvp and wanting it to succeed in the competitive world. Hopefully we will get more information….because they said they wanted to balance things more often as needed compared to the past.

As much as I criticize some of Anets actions regarding how they handle Spvp, I really do hope they can make it work, I enjoy the pvp in this game.

Hellion

(edited by Lucifer.7289)

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Revenant, Guardian, Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Necromancer – these professions are all going to be extremely powerful in the hands of a powerful player.

What’s not awesome is that Arenanet has gone against their balance philosophy of making core specs and elite specs on the same power level. The Elite specs, with the exception of Berserker, are all varying degrees of power ups.

I believe that this Elite Spec vs Regular Spec unbalance was probably caused by some nerfs on the Core specs between June 23 and October. For instance, Burning Fire (Might on cantrip) was probably over-nerfed and the trait now falls short in power. But this trait is surely good compared to the Adept Fire Traits (Looking at Conjurer… Why is it not combined with One with Fire…).

In my opinion, Anet should take the time to look through some of the least used Core Traits. I give Elementalist examples because I know them very well:

-Inscription only gives one stack of might on glyph use on fire…
-Conjurer needs to be combined with One with Fire and a new fire trait must be made.
-Serrated Stones is a joke.
And more.

Some elite specialization simply cannot be nerfed, it’s just some of the traits on the core that needs a breath of fresh air.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I believe that this Elite Spec vs Regular Spec unbalance was probably caused by some nerfs on the Core specs between June 23 and October. For instance, Burning Fire (Might on cantrip) was probably over-nerfed and the trait now falls short in power. But this trait is surely good compared to the Adept Fire Traits (Looking at Conjurer… Why is it not combined with One with Fire…).

In my opinion, Anet should take the time to look through some of the least used Core Traits. I give Elementalist examples because I know them very well:

-Inscription only gives one stack of might on glyph use on fire…
-Conjurer needs to be combined with One with Fire and a new fire trait must be made.
-Serrated Stones is a joke.
And more.

Some elite specialization simply cannot be nerfed, it’s just some of the traits on the core that needs a breath of fresh air.

Good example, but lots of core specs weren’t nerfed just before the expansion released.

And if everyone uses Earth Magic for example, boosting or re-evaluating that core spec won’t even reduce the gap between non-elite specs, and players using the elite specs.

I’ll be interested to see how ArenaNet handles this.. no obvious solutions come to mind other than nerfbatting most of the elite specs.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Yet they have been going hardcore for 2+ years about how they want to make Spvp a Esport, they put tons of $$$ into marketing and setting up the Abjured nicely on twitch ect.

All that and they can’t be kitten d to let me queue out of HotM, allow me to solo queue without being fed to premades, keep cancer maps in rotation without the old “go to ranked to avoid them” routine, and can’t balance the game more often than every six months.

Sure. They care. It’s easy to say you care. Much harder to actually act like you do.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

All that and they can’t be kitten d to let me queue out of HotM, allow me to solo queue without being fed to premades, keep cancer maps in rotation without the old “go to ranked to avoid them” routine, and can’t balance the game more often than every six months.

Sure. They care. It’s easy to say you care. Much harder to actually act like you do.

I don’t disagree with you brother, but I’m trying to give Arena Net the benefit of the doubt.

I understand the communities issues, especially the vets who been paying Arena Net since GW1. I agree with most of the communities issues. 100% understand and agree with yall.

Hellion

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well, I would not want to be in the balance team… If people actually posted their ideas of balance with numbers.

Well actually it is their job to figure this out, we can give them reasons to why they are unbalanced but we can’t realy see the exact numbers as the devs can.
Contructive feedback is what we wan’t to be fixed and why it is overpowered, how it has to be fixed is often very hard to know for us without Devtools.

But even so in these forums screaming for a nerf there are lots of idéas of nerfs and buffs and there have been there almost since release of HoT but the few fixes that has happened from feedback from players that I know is DH skills has graphicly been toned down and fixed the invisible trap (Though yesterday I happened to be in one anyway).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Cya in blade and soul soon™. I shed many tears how anet could kitten up their superb combat system with such horrible balance

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Anet needs a heavy bug fix first. There are many things that are not working or working properly but still there is no fix.

Then they need a balance. Or some core classes will dissappear soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

So I guess the complete developer silence on this topic means that it’s true that we won’t get a balance patch for about 4-5 month…

as if devs already answered to a whining topic … i guess not

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

People have made a lot of good points in this thread. At the very least though can we get an answer to the original question? Will there be a balance patch in two weeks or are we going to have to wait for the second season of leagues?

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Well that’s why you pay people to think 8-9 hours a day about exactly that stuff.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Please don’t derail the thread with silly conspiracy theories.

Hardly silly conspiracy theories. Their balance process involves sykping with abjured (and a few other) players and getting feedback. So these players get to shape balance towards their needs and desires. They also get 1 month + advanced warning of what is coming balance wise. So they are ready for every new meta when other players and teams are not. And then anet run supposedly fair tournaments and give away real money. This is how the system works and it is a complete joke. I have told friends from other competitive games about this process and they are shocked.

Imagine mesmer is good and you dont have a mesmer main? Well they get it nerfed via skype. Imagine you know mesmer is going to be good 1 month before everyone else. Now you have 1 month extra to get good at it. Things similar to this have happened.

Sources? If not, then it is a conspiracy theory and nothing more.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Cya in blade and soul soon™. I shed many tears how anet could kitten up their superb combat system with such horrible balance

Here is an idea how about you play the game for an extended period of time? I mean I see this all the time.

when wildstar comes guild wars 2 PvP is going do die. When FF14 guild wars 2 PvP is going to die. See the trend.

In any case, good luck with blade and soul. I hope you enjoy getting stump by people who spent more time grinding bosses to limit break their weapons. I especially hope you enjoy the grind to level cap, it is very fun and interesting.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Bah this game isn’t for casuals at all.
How many sPvP matches you need to be decent?

0, all you need to win is 4 other guys in premade to carry you.

in PvP

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Hopefully a dev will answer the question posted by op Monday…

in PvP

Posted by: Clandestinity.5147

Clandestinity.5147

Devs seem to leave the biggest issues and hot topics unanswered while some random little things get answered. Wouldn’t be that frustrating if we had some kind of announcements about their plans but since we don’t, it indeed gets frustrating.

in PvP

Posted by: Lowest Animal.8014

Lowest Animal.8014

I would have settled for an announcement that said “We have reviewed balance and found the current state acceptable for the coming pro league season” or at least some excuse as to why no balance patch. A schedule for balance patched and more communication would be nice.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would have settled for an announcement that said “We have reviewed balance and found the current state acceptable for the coming pro league season” or at least some excuse as to why no balance patch. A schedule for balance patched and more communication would be nice.

Yep I agree, something along these lines given they said there would be balance patches 2 weeks prior to every season.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Never expect any huge changes. For example the DH damage will never change a lot at this point.

Why you might ask…

Players are also playing those classes in PvE. And thanks to ascended gear they made a quite massive commitment towards a singular build. Changing a class will also change their PvE effectiveness, and might cause players to have invalidated ascended gear which took them weeks if not months to acquire as well as a lot of ingame or worse real money.

We can assume that there are more PvE players, so a change which might be good for PvP which in return would make the build unviable for PvE will result in a massive backlash from the PvE community.

Many of these problem would have been solved if exotic stayed as the highest possible stats, which could be acquired fairly easily. The commitment to a single build was much less than what we have now.

It worked fine for GW1. A build was nerfed in both PvE and PvP? Well changing your equipment for a new build was quite easy.

I agree with this to a certain extent.

But also: Anet needs to give players a reason to purchase HoT in the first place. Access to more powerful traits, skills and specializations than what the vanilla game provides are probably the most compelling reason to buy the expansion.

Balance the HoT classes/traits/skills = No reason to buy the expansion for most people, unless you want to pay for living story season 3 or whatever.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

And another tuesday without a patch. So it’s basically 100% sure that there won’t be a balance patch before season starts. And it’s 100% sure there won’t be balance patches while the season is going.

So next balance patch around spring 2016. Sorry ANet, but I’ll play Fallout 4 until we get that balance patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

wow…that sucks big.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

I was really hoping there would be a balance patch before League starts but it’s looking grim now that it’s Tuesday the week before Leagues and still no balance changes to be heard of.

in PvP

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’s really eye-rolling at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Pro leagues have started. Expect no more balance patches until season 1 is done.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well in Spring 2016 maybe HoT will be finished and we will have 4 stronghold map and, 3 new conquest maps.

in PvP

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

Well, looks like another six weeks of winter imbalance.

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

nobody “paid to be better then ur base proffession”… its Called a Expansion.. unless this is ur FIRST time in a MMO u’d prolly understand, that this is something that happens in every MMO and those with the expansion have always had a massive lead on those without.

Be lucky they didnt raise the level cap and push u out the game all together, 99% of other MMOs do exactly that.

i can say, it on some cases is true some elites are Really overpowering the Base proffessions currently, but tbh, Elementalist Still has builds considered on par with Tempest, Guardians Dont even use Dragonhunter in Raids because tanking is their way forward, and a bunker guard doesnt really Need Dragonhunter, Condi engis still run without Scrapper completely DPS Rangers dont need druid at all either tbh.

the Real replacements are prolly Reaper, Chronomancer and Herald. Litterally there are no viable builds Outside the Elites for those currently, and ur handicapping urself Not using those Elite specializations.

I suspose you could say DH in PvP, but tbh.. thats only because DH is the only considered viable thing for the guardian as a whole, i mean the only other choice right now is bunkering. but wasnt bunker guard what every guard was expected to be Last meta Anyway? so in a Way Dragonhunter only realistically gave them another build in the Meta which after the ESL preformance.. i could Argue Dragonhunters really dont have a Place in the Meta :P.

the big balancing patch is prolly coming, its just prolly late tbh, Maybe it’ll be released on the Release patch of Ranked play, could be annoying if ur proffession gets kittened in the process tbh. but you know they did the last balancing patch in the Middle of the ESLs so it can all happen really.

(edited by Drayos.8759)

in PvP

So my prediction came true, sadly. Well, see you in a few month, Arenanet. Maybe.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

You know, by that time, nobody will care. I mean there’s gonna be kitten bunch of mmo’s i’m dying to get my grips on. Blade & soul my number #1 pvp fix. So in the end.. really don’t give a rat eating kittens. Anet can take as long as they want.

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Well, looks like warrior is going to be gone from pvp for 4 months. As much as I’m annoyed by warriors that’s a kitten move anet. Thieves too.

Is everyone ready for the druid dragonhunter meta (herald too)? I’m anticipating durability runes replacing vamp runes for everyone and there dog using them.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

Here is the scary part… they announced that they have a team who only has the job of balancing. I wonder what they do all day.

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Here is the scary part… they announced that they have a team who only has the job of balancing. I wonder what they do all day.

Something like this is the balancing process for the game, and then they put whatever comes out in to the game. Like steal for thief now requiring a target.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Ill just play what i want, play how i want, if people don’t like it, well … tough ^^

-An Engie w/o HoT

Rawr?

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Well, looks like warrior is going to be gone from pvp for 4 months. As much as I’m annoyed by warriors that’s a kitten move anet. Thieves too.

Is everyone ready for the druid dragonhunter meta (herald too)? I’m anticipating durability runes replacing vamp runes for everyone and there dog using them.

To be honest dh is not viable and druid is about to fall too.
Meta is collapsing around revenant with a spot of mesmer engi necro and ele.
2 revs per team is becoming the standard. 0 dh 0 thieves 0 warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Only balancing for tournaments is a terrible decision, especially since the majority of people aren’t even interested in them. Neglecting 99% of your PvP player base for 1% makes zero sense even in Anet’s universe.

in PvP

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

This was a monster disappointment, especially for those of us that still play Warrior. I don’t know why they would promise “regular balance updates” when they’re beholden to Esports interests invested in exploiting the current meta.

Another great game sacrificed on the absurd altar of Esports/MLG nonsense. It makes me ill to think of all the time and money ANet has wasted courting these groups, while the rest of us get the shaft.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]