No combat after time, or post-match scores

in PvP

Posted by: Aedvan.9876

Aedvan.9876

One thing I try to to do get better is look at stats at the end of the game to see what happened. Did my new condi build actually turn out enough damage? Was I capping enough points, or were my skirmish points too high? Turns out, there are individuals out there that just want to smack on people at all times, even after the game is up and the score board is flashed in your face. I’m tired of it. GW2 is the only game I’ve played where it neither

1. Allows you to view stats after you leave the match
  2. Makes all players invulnerable after the match is over, or freezes all players.

People will chase you half-way across the map just to get that one more kill, and after a frustrating loss, that is the last thing I want to deal with when trying to look at the score board to see where I messed up. In all other regards, ArenaNet has made the choices that reduce anti-fun aspects of MMOs, but his is one where they went in the opposite direction.

I understand that having a scoreboard after the match (particularly one where you can right-click on a name and whisper to people) can promulgate a toxic environment. The solution to that is to either not allow names to be right-clicked, or to go with option 2 above.

If you feel fighting after time is important in some way, I’d love to hear how you think it promotes community and adds value to the PvP experience. I expect there are those who just love upping their KDR, and that is not defensible position, because that creates fun for one person at the expense of another.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

why do you care if you die after the match is already over?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Some people do not care about looking at the stats. Fighting people is fun. Maybe they just want to squeeze in a bit more fun before waiting for the next match, maybe they want to see their finisher again. Point is, why do you care? Match is over, you’re looking at scoreboard, someone killing you does not stop you from doing that.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Aedvan.9876

It’s distracting. Also, I don’t understand why Anet has gone in the opposite direction of every other other MMOs with PvP in this one instance.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Distracting how. Sounds more like just an ego issue. You don’t want someone to get a kill on you, even if the match is over. You want to kill the fun for everyone else in the match that just wants to play a bit longer because you’re too insecure to just let your character die while you’re checking the stats.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Distracting how. Sounds more like just an ego issue. You don’t want someone to get a kill on you, even if the match is over. You want to kill the fun for everyone else in the match that just wants to play a bit longer because you’re too insecure to just let your character die while you’re checking the stats.

yup.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I love it when the game ends and someone kills me while reading stats then says something like “see you can’t even win a 1v1 scrub” then quits.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Aedvan.9876

Explain to me where the fun is in killing someone just standing there? You say I want to kill someone else’s fun? Where is their consideration for my fun? Oh, I’m sorry, is it because you want something and I don’t I’m ruining it for you? Maybe those trying to get the kills are too insecure that they can’t jump at every opportunity to pad their KDR?

Any why is everyone ignoring the idea of viewing stats after a match is over? Because I’m out to “ruin your fun” and I need to be corrected for that?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Explain to me where the fun is in killing someone just standing there? You say I want to kill someone else’s fun? Where is their consideration for my fun? Oh, I’m sorry, is it because you want something and I don’t I’m ruining it for you? Maybe those trying to get the kills are too insecure that they can’t jump at every opportunity to pad their KDR?

Any why is everyone ignoring the idea of viewing stats after a match is over? Because I’m out to “ruin your fun” and I need to be corrected for that?

Maybe they are a 5 year old and getting that last kill made their entire day

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

That player killing you doesn’t stop you from looking at the scoreboard, but your suggestions prevent them from doing whatever they feel like doing after the match. Makes sense when you involve logic instead of petty ego doesn’kitten

Killing someone that is just standinv there is boring to me, but who am I to judge what is fun for someone else. If someone wants to kill me while I’m looking at the scoreboard, I ignore it and keep looking at the scoreboard cause, you know, I can. I’ve had fun actually continuing my fight with others after a match. It was fun for both of us. You want to take that away because you don’t want someone to kill you after a match is over, when none of it matters anymore, even though it has no effect at all on you looking at the scoreboard? Gimme a break man.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

I’m with you 100% op. It’s like, go queue again already if you are that eager for more killing you stupid kittenholes. Let me take 30 seconds to look over these stats geez. And no, I’m not going to let them have the satisfaction of just killing me, screw that.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Them killing you at the end of the match doesnt “pad their KDR” it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on anything. Like others said, all thats happening here is your getting your ego bruised for whatever reason just because someone is killing your essentially AFK character.
As soon as the match ends just LOOK AT THE STATS. Theres no reason to pay any attention to whats happening on the map after that, your deliberately choosing to be bothered by something that doesnt even matter

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

I think I will add you to my friends list and hope for the chance that you’re on the opposite team one day, so that when the match ends I CAN KILL YOU MUAHAHAHA. I will be the greatest griefer that ever existed.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Hmmm. Ofc attacking someone who doesnt fight back is boring, but I had some of my best duels after the match ended.
Since points, rotations, +1s or even winning doesnt matter anymore it is the best way to get an undisturbed fight and practice.
And ive never found the stats helpful. It only leads to those pathetic people coming to the forum saying ‘I always have top stats’ or ‘I dealt 100millionzillion damage’ and actually believe it means anything.
The stats are almost meaningless, I recognize how good/bad I was during the fight.
If my enemies used a healing skill without stability and I didnt interrupt them, or I used an important skill prematurely, I notice that myself.
And there are no stats that can tell me how fast I reacted to my opponents burst or how well I rotated.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Hmmm. Ofc attacking someone who doesnt fight back is boring, but I had some of my best duels after the match ended.
Since points, rotations, +1s or even winning doesnt matter anymore it is the best way to get an undisturbed fight and practice.
And ive never found the stats helpful. It only leads to those pathetic people coming to the forum saying ‘I always have top stats’ or ‘I dealt 100millionzillion damage’ and actually believe it means anything.
The stats are almost meaningless, I recognize how good/bad I was during the fight.
If my enemies used a healing skill without stability and I didnt interrupt them, or I used an important skill prematurely, I notice that myself.
And there are no stats that can tell me how fast I reacted to my opponents burst or how well I rotated.

pretty much with the exception of comparing changes in builds. Like menders vs clerics. Or paladins vs mara. Or strength vs scholar. If you regularly do 550k with something for 5 games then switch to something and do 600k+ every game it can be useful. Or knowing ratio of condi dmg vs power dmg a build does.

Basically build stuff. But yea I agree it doesn’t really show how well you did. And once you work out your build (doesn’t take long) its rarely useful.