No health bars is losing me

in PvP

Posted by: Skepticus.7189

Skepticus.7189

The health level of players around me – both enemies and allies – is basic information that I would like to have access to. The fact that I can’t put health bars permanently above characters’ heads is frustrating and puzzling.

Whether I am trying to decide who to attack, or which ally to help, it sure would be nice to know, at a glance, where their health is at. But for some inexplicable reason, the dev’s have decided that I have to mouse over each individual target to get that information (or have something targeted.)

During combat, mousing over various potential targets to see their health is incredibly annoying. I don’t know what the dev’s are going for with this “you can’t see health bars that well” thing, but I would really love to see the simple option to show them. Without it the PvP is just too chaotic for my taste, and I am quickly losing interest.

in PvP

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

I am not sure yet what it is you have issue with. I am just asking here, how is this hampering you ?

Im curious because it in no way impacts me negatively in anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: besbin.6302

besbin.6302

I think it is pretty clear from the OP what is hampering him – ready, easy to view access to both the enemy’s and his own team’s health bars. Putting an option for health bars above heads would make it more clear as to which low health enemy to target or which ally to try to help out/heal a little.

Although it may not bother or hinder you Smackjack I don’t think the OP needs to reiterate his problem with the UI…

Many players have come from games where this option was available and have gotten used to it. Hell, it may even cause people to prioritise targets in SPVP rather than just unload their aoe arsenal randomly. I havn’t really been bothered by it up to this point but I can certainly see where the OP is coming from.

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

I am not sure yet what it is you have issue with. I am just asking here, how is this hampering you ?

If you don’t know why it’s beneficial to know at a glance which of your enemies is at the lowest health or which of your teammates are in immediate need of protection, no answer the OP provides is going to make it any clearer to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I find this more irritating with my own allies.

The fact that I cannot see allies health or conditions unless I look at the UI and then try to figure out who’s where, it’s a joke.

A simple little hp bar above the head with small condition/boon symbols would be awesome.

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

If you don’t know why it’s beneficial to know at a glance which of your enemies is at the lowest health or which of your teammates are in immediate need of protection, no answer the OP provides is going to make it any clearer to you.

Lol calm down honcho

I can see my own teammates health just fine and at a glance too

*wtf how?

Its on my screen -_-

My enemies i attack/kill based on their class and the situation at hand , i have no need to see their current health to aid me in that.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

A simple little hp bar above the head with small condition/boon symbols would be awesome.

Yes that would be great. I can’t think of any negative impact this would have on gameplay. The information is already available on the left side of the screen, but why make us coordinate names with positions? Just put it on them in combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Lunacy.5183

Lunacy.5183

You can see HP bars in a pretty large cone in front of you or is moving the camera while fighting and keeping track of what’s going on too hard?

A GW2 Player asked a wise man:
-What’s the way to win?
-Learn to play – he said.

in PvP

Posted by: Surplusbuds.4132

Surplusbuds.4132

I agree with OP, health bars over other players heads would be really helpful, especially for seeing your own team’s health. Anet should make this an interface option just like showing players names currently is.

in PvP

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

If you need health bars then you need to go back to …. PvE

Seriously if you cant look, mouseover, or just blindlessly assist on the called target then you shouldnt go pvp :p

What do you need next ? UI scripts so you automatically switch target to lowest hp ennemy ? or stuff like that as seen in wow-clones so the game plays for you ?

in PvP

Posted by: HotFire.6931

HotFire.6931

I’m for it, for all intents and purposes I may as well not have a mouse. I’m right clicking and using it for camera and direction control. All I can see is, Guardian over there, ele over there. . .

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Wow I can’t quote but this is for CeCe

You are really telling the OP to go back to PVE?
If you have no understanding of How helpful this mechanic would be the. I think you are the one that needs to go back to PVE.

In PVP where organization and teamwork is EVERYTHING being able to see enemy targets health, as well as teammates health by immediately looking at your screen is invaluable information. Take a fight at the center point Graveyard for example mesmers in so really chaotic your teammates are getting beat and you can toss some heals or protections on them, if you are really enforcing mousing over targets you are pretty much saying you are a clicker. Being immediately able to see where you are needed with abilities (like my ele) in the middle of chaos is huge.

I’m just blown away at how people are saying mousing over your target is fine. That’s like saying to click.

If I’m on my ele and its a large node battle and I decide to drop churning earth, it would be nice to see oh the guardian popped retreat and everyone has aegis right now.

Yeah we had it on the left side of our screen, but in a game where players are getting fragged in seconds by thiefs and others, I’d rather not take my eyes off my toon and the enemy to check, when all I could do is shift my gaze to the top of the enemies head and my allies.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

well,i’m not sure if you guys noticed but you can see all the conditions/buffs and hp/downed hp of all the teammates around you by looking in the top left corner of your screen. idk, maybe i’m missing something since its not that hard to miss. As for your enemies, you should already know how much hp they have since you should be prioritizing targets by their role and profession. This is based on tpvp btw, hotplay doesn’t mean squat.

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

oh and i could go either way with hp bars overhead. Won’t complain if they did it.

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Smackjack.5071

My enemies i attack/kill based on their class and the situation at hand , i have no need to see their current health to aid me in that.

I’m not sure how your enemies’ current health total doesn’t fall under “the situation at hand.”

Do you really not understand how useful it is to hard switch your target to someone that’s at low health to finish them off, or are you just being obtuse?

in PvP

Posted by: Kykeon.8572

Kykeon.8572

I have been going on about this since BWE1…This and the ultra basic combat log.Believe it or not i actually reported it as a bug during BWE1!That was ages ago.

It’s just that they tried to make hotjoin as pug-friendly as possible (then again they might be saving bandwidth/power?!),yet they allowed certain specs to burst a player down in 3/4 sec with minimum if not zero chances of a comeback.A bit of a trainreck to be fair,sometimes it feels like i’m still beta testing.

And what’s with the party frame losing distant party members in t/sPvP?Oh man i cringe so hard when this happens,i’m hoping none of my housemates is going to walk in,see it and ask “what’s this game you seem to be beta testing?”.

Add-ons?Please?

Edit: i am only having fun in sPvP since i realised that there is zero point in helping others,especially reviving them.Not only you risk getting wiped by a thief before you know it,chances are they won’t do the same for you.Just play full solo in sPvP and don’t try to see this game seriously,kill some time and wait for someting else to come out with serious PvP.Now tPvP,that’s different since you mostly kill with roaming GC builds and you rarely have to support more than one teammate.

(edited by Kykeon.8572)

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

well,i’m not sure if you guys noticed but you can see all the conditions/buffs and hp/downed hp of all the teammates around you by looking in the top left corner of your screen. idk, maybe i’m missing something since its not that hard to miss. As for your enemies, you should already know how much hp they have since you should be prioritizing targets by their role and profession. This is based on tpvp btw, hotplay doesn’t mean squat.

^exactly what i said earlier

I am glad i am not the only one who does not need to rely on hp bars over every ones head. I can also tell who is low on health based on their behavior , i dont need a bar to help me with that having 10 or 16 of them on my screen only makes a mess. Most of you who cry over it probably need it to get the cheap kill at every single opportunity.

I also would not have a problem with it if they made it a option but the loud crying for it is beyond me.

If you are making this much noise over it your just bad,really bad.

TRAINING WHEELS is what they are really.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

The main reason I say healthbars + stats effects should be on the characters is because they’ve given a notable focus on not relying on the UI, and instead looking in the game for information. So I’m just running with that. It would be even greater immersion I think if we could directly see on characters what’s going on. It may even be good enough to eliminate the “target” info that is a separate ui section so we focus even more on the action. It’s not big deal for me though, just thought it would be nice

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

For science….

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

More UI clutter, no thanks. Already too many things going on and this isn’t necessary.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.