No more PvP League seasons please

in PvP

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

I don’t understand why anet launch PvP League seasons and esport with poor classes and skills balance, meta build , top pvp guild facerolling randam pugs, players exhausted after it , the overall ‘PVP’ population decreased , ’AFK pvp players, PVP troll , Gold seller , USD to legendary rank , cheaters , 5v4 matchup , disconnection , etc.

My guild members and i are burnout after the PvP League seasons and decided to leave the PVP game mode in gw2.

Anet should canel PvP League seasons & e-sport because it just bad as WvW tournament.

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

It’s only bad because of the ridiculous amount of cc resistance that has been added to the game over time. In the earlier days of GW2, you were able to block or be immune to cc every once in awhile. But nowadays, it takes 5 minutes just to kill someone because they can block you for 20 seconds and they have all the boons in the world.

Honestly, it shows me just how inexperienced Anet is when it comes to PvP, (no offense, Anet). It’s never a good idea to add so much cc resistance in a game mode that requires players to hold bases. I can hold a base alone, while defending myself from the entire enemy team for a good 5 minutes because I have constant boons.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

(edited by Galtrix.7369)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I can hold a base alone, while defending myself from the entire enemy team for a good 5 minutes because I have constant boons.

If you can 1v5 for 5min either you’re lying or the entire enemy Team was AFK. Pick which one.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I can hold a base alone, while defending myself from the entire enemy team for a good 5 minutes because I have constant boons.

If you can 1v5 for 5min either you’re lying or the entire enemy Team was AFK. Pick which one.

If hes talking WvW i believe it, which throw WvW and PvP in the same cup because both modes are getting revamped and looked at because elder players are leaving faster then new players coming in.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

If hes talking WvW i believe it, which throw WvW and PvP in the same cup because both modes are getting revamped and looked at because elder players are leaving faster then new players coming in.

Since we are in the PVP forum i’m assuming he meant sPVP and so my comment still stands.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

I don’t understand why anet launch PvP League seasons and esport with poor classes and skills balance, meta build , top pvp guild facerolling randam pugs, players exhausted after it , the overall ‘PVP’ population decreased , ’AFK pvp players, PVP troll , Gold seller , USD to legendary rank , cheaters , 5v4 matchup , disconnection , etc.

My guild members and i are burnout after the PvP League seasons and decided to leave the PVP game mode in gw2.

Anet should canel PvP League seasons & e-sport because it just bad as WvW tournament.

sPvP League System improved the state of GW2 sPvP HUGELY… Made game much more competitive , and in an esport direction as it SHOULD be. The “poor classes and skills balance” is just a wrong impression you have. What actually happend is that casuals and people who wasnt able handle competition and was happy befor League system because they could tell / lie themselfs they was “good” , since was no way to actually see who was good and who was not , started to hate the League system. No , if you cant go high in League system you are NOT good and you need practise. No sPvP isnt something all should have same rewards and be happy. Yes sPvP is something competitive. And in competition should be a hierarchy no matter if you like it or not. Yes future of sPvP is esporting. Yes esporting need meta builds.No meta builds are not something wrong.Yes refuse play a good build because you think play your self made yolo useless build is better is called stupidity.No esporting dont need a LARGE community , even if a big community always helps. Hope game developers will ignore such pointless threads and keep game in an esport way. For casuals there is always hotjoin/unranked.

(edited by Emmrahil.1934)

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

Rarely do I see people with a brain that can discern what the true problem is like this guy above me. Most of what he said is very true. kittenters just can’t accept the fact that they’re bad. If you play a sub-optimal build and get farm it not the system fault. Yes, MM can improve and meta could be better. However, this meta is better than Bunker mes meta which is the primary cause for the viewerships decreased throughout the PL season.

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

in PvP

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

pvp season is good.

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Rarely do I see people with a brain that can discern what the true problem is like this guy above me. Most of what he said is very true. kittenters just can’t accept the fact that they’re bad. If you play a sub-optimal build and get farm it not the system fault. Yes, MM can improve and meta could be better. However, this meta is better than Bunker mes meta which is the primary cause for the viewerships decreased throughout the PL season.

That’s hilarious. The true problem is this. Guild Wars 2 PvP sucks. Why, you may ask?

-Class balance doesn’t exist. Simply google “guild wars 2 class damage” and you’ll see why. In a game where all that matters is dps and utility, the classes’ dps is way too varied.

-There is no trinity and therefore no significant planning is required. You can’t send in a tank and a healer and then rush with the rest of the group in a surprise attack. You simply duke it out and rush the bases as quickly as possible. That’s boring as crap.

-You’re essentially forced to use certain weapons, as they’re much better than other weapons.

-There’s no sense of progression whatsoever. You reach rank 40 in PvP and gain nothing but green, trashy armor. You reach rank 50 and it’s the same thing… over and over again. Congratulations! You’ve spent approximately 4,500 hours playing PvP! Have some greens!

-The primary cause for viewers dropping like flies is that PvP is hella boring to watch… even more so than playing it.

-If you suddenly find yourself in a team of 3 thieves and 2 mesmers, be prepared to switch classes or go afk… because you’re going to lose.

I could literally go on and on about how poorly designed PvP is. Yes, you can throw insults and call people half-brains. However, that will not stop them from analyzing PvP and coming to the realization that it really is unbalanced and completely not worth their time. Simply look at how many people stopped viewing PvP and how many people have stopped playing it altogether.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

sPvP League System improved the state of GW2 sPvP HUGELY… Made game much more competitive , and in an esport direction as it SHOULD be. The “poor classes and skills balance” is just a wrong impression you have. What actually happend is that casuals and people who wasnt able handle competition and was happy befor League system because they could tell / lie themselfs they was “good” , since was no way to actually see who was good and who was not , started to hate the League system. No , if you cant go high in League system you are NOT good and you need practise. No sPvP isnt something all should have same rewards and be happy. Yes sPvP is something competitive. And in competition should be a hierarchy no matter if you like it or not. Yes future of sPvP is esporting. Yes esporting need meta builds.No meta builds are not something wrong.Yes refuse play a good build because you think play your self made yolo useless build is better is called stupidity.No esporting dont need a LARGE community , even if a big community always helps. Hope game developers will ignore such pointless threads and keep game in an esport way. For casuals there is always hotjoin/unranked.

Let me translate your assessment into my own perception with some bold.

sPvP League System improved the state of grinding GW2 sPvP HUGELY…

Made game much more competitive , and in an esport direction as it SHOULD be. So much competitive that even none-spvp players want to try it. At the same time, players that have good skills but less “time” are punished because PIPS wins are simply grind.

The “poor classes and skills balance” is just a wrong impression you have. What actually happend is that casuals and people who wasnt able handle competition and was happy befor League system because they could tell / lie themselfs they was “good” , since was no way to actually see who was good and who was not , started to hate the League system.

95% of the League contenders where in that position. After each season, the percentage of none-spvp players did rise compare to the “competer”. The league were made for filthy casual pve players.

No , if you cant go high in League system you are NOT good and you need practise. No sPvP isnt something all should have same rewards and be happy. Yes sPvP is something competitive. And in competition should be a hierarchy no matter if you like it or not.

But unfortunately, thousands none-spvp players still rise to Legendary with enough time grinding games or paying other good premade for some wins with pure gold.

Yes future of sPvP is esporting. Yes esporting need meta builds.No meta builds are not something wrong.Yes refuse play a good build because you think play your self made yolo useless build is better is called stupidity.No esporting dont need a LARGE community , even if a big community always helps. Hope game developers will ignore such pointless threads and keep game in an esport way. For casuals there is always hotjoin/unranked.

But Unranked MMR and Match-making is better than Ranked for high-skill level players (that know what working his MMR is). It’s why the Legendary division take 1hour + q, good players play unranked. It’s more rewarding as a competitive “experiences”.

TL;DR
League season is a place to gather all none-spvp players. So, competitive spvp players could play unranked together and have great matches, while the others are still grinding their pips for a legendary PVE backitem.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Then don’t participate in leagues. Just because you don’t like them and/or got burnt out doesn’t mean that’s the same for everyone else.