No more fun fights

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

It seems to me like balance is making most if not all classes easier to play and have more of the build playing for you rather than you playing the build. With so much more passive abilities, auto attack usage incentive, and simply just spamming of abilities fights don’t seems as fun as they once were. Also, the weakness of a build was not another class that simply countered it for balance purposes, but rather something the player had to actively do to win. Some examples…

Elementalist
They have been forced into a bunker/bruiser role which is incredibly easy to play simply by the design of tempest. The overloads do insane damage on tanky specs and they require u to only to follow your target and nothing else! Its just laughable comparing that to the difficulty of playing s/f or d/f.

Mesmer
They went from shatter mesmer, a high damage, skillful build which required mastering positioning, timing, and kiting to burst your opponent and survive. In the first season of PvP all they had to do was stand on a point and spam in-vulnerabilities and cc’s while doing essentially no damage. Now, rather than nerfing that build and buffing other builds, anet only nerfed them so all their builds are sub optimal compered to builds on other classes.

Thief
Thief used to be about knowing when to strike, getting out really quickly, and knowing when to do so. Now, with all the evades, blocks, and cc, I find it hard to even find a thief that uses stealth in a fight. With the buffs to the auto attacks, and the ability for them to evade and do massive damage, the skill required to be effective has dropped drastically. I would have much preferred that they buff the thief’s skills that use initiative so it plays more into the get in, do damage, get out theme of the class. It would also require better management of initiative making it more challenging to play.

There are a lot more examples that I didn’t mention but I didn’t want this post to be to long. Also, keep in mind this is only MY OPINION and this is entirely from the perspective of wanting the game to be more fun and balanced for all classes and not just the one I play.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I totally agree to everything

Parabrezza

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

In the last meta most matches were about as interesting as watching paint dry. So this new meta is a step in the right direction.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

What a load. The last meta was three and a half classes. Like 95% elementalist herald, tempest, and chrono with the occassional scrapper or even rarer Druid at high levels of play.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Last meta was so boring I quit the game for awhile. This one is way better. This balancing is at least putting the aspect of fun back in the game no matter how lazy the nerfs were. That’s what is good.

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

i disagree on the thief bit, we always had the evades and cc, we have 1 block…
We are still an insanely easy kill if you catch us.

emphasis on catch.

Just remember that a lot of thieves now are bad thieves… 5,5,5,5,55 or 3, dodge 3, dodge, 3, dodge run away, they are easy easy kills.

The good thieves still play like the old days, just better.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Good Thieves hate d/p and to a lesser extent s/d, because those sets seem to decide our buffs. :C I wanna play my s/p p/p day one thief build :C

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: ranciddy.8243

ranciddy.8243

Am I the only one that enjoyed the bunker meta? Obviously, with the issue of the broken bunker mesmer aside, there were some benefits, such as:

- Players would have to group up to take a point. It was useless trying to 1v1 a bunker, but once you got a +1, you could usually take the point.

- Protecting a point would actually be fun. When you were getting 1v1’d or 2v1’d you’d have to make sure you played it well or you would get taken down quickly. Mistakes were quickly amplified as they had a cumulative affect on your HP, and how your team would do.

- Roaming was essential. You’d need people to help +1 on the points. Now as soon as someone gets a point, everyone runs away because it can be easily recapped.

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I really feel like the bunker meta forced people to be more mechanically sound players. Holding points and rotating was the name of the game, where now it’s about how fast you can 100-0 someone.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Serious Thought.5394

I feel like I’m playing a different game. People are trying to 100-0 me. I’m tanky as all shenanigans, and I’m killing those 100-0 players.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Good Thieves hate d/p and to a lesser extent s/d, because those sets seem to decide our buffs. :C I wanna play my s/p p/p day one thief build :C

I really don’t get this statement. You are essentially saying “good” or experienced thieves will prefer Dagger/Dagger-Shortbow or Staff-pistol/pistol and they look down on dagger/pistol and to a lesser extend sword/pistol.

It makes no sense. Thieve’s don’t have the same kitten nal as warrior or guardian. Their limited amount of weapons usually means they have become proficient in each one.
Shadow shot gap closer, interrupt on demand, smoke field when needed, leap finisher and a weapon that can double strike…what’s not to like? I don’t think ‘good’ thieves ‘hate’ dagger/pistol at all…they just hate players who spam the hell of it and play sloppy. The same can be said for any player who mains a profession..they don’t care for the bandwagoners who flood a profession out and get it nerfed by rolling builds that people will complain about because of how much it is over represented.

The last match I played had 4 engineers all with sneak gyro..only one was experienced, the other 3 still learning the profession. I bet ya the experienced engi has getting annoyed at how much the other 3 spammed sneak ruining point contributions every where.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

It’s totally boring and annoying. The fun is dead.

All I see is DH-trappers, Scrappers, much too tanky Reapers dealing much damage on the same time and Thieves.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

signed, it sucks.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Am I the only one that enjoyed the bunker meta? Obviously, with the issue of the broken bunker mesmer aside, there were some benefits, such as:

- Players would have to group up to take a point. It was useless trying to 1v1 a bunker, but once you got a +1, you could usually take the point.

- Protecting a point would actually be fun. When you were getting 1v1’d or 2v1’d you’d have to make sure you played it well or you would get taken down quickly. Mistakes were quickly amplified as they had a cumulative affect on your HP, and how your team would do.

- Roaming was essential. You’d need people to help +1 on the points. Now as soon as someone gets a point, everyone runs away because it can be easily recapped.

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I really feel like the bunker meta forced people to be more mechanically sound players. Holding points and rotating was the name of the game, where now it’s about how fast you can 100-0 someone.

The perfect meta is suppose to be both, we are suppose to have bunkers but that shouldnt mean they are unkillable or take so much time to kill that actually killing them makes no difference.

Now we have everything dies meta which isnt any better. Some like you will have liked the grind of the match. Some will like the constant deaths of the new meta, for me they are the same.

ATM there are no classes that can sustain for 20 sec in a 1 vs 2 so pure bunker builds are gone. Thieves are back in the front of the pack of dps so revs/warriors/mesmers will need to be careful if they want to play at a high level. Its a bit frustrating to play atm after the season.

I assume team comps in this meta will be 3-4 supportive types that are all around and 1-2 high dps players.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Serious Thought.5394

I really don’t get this statement. You are essentially saying “good” or experienced thieves will prefer Dagger/Dagger-Shortbow or Staff-pistol/pistol and they look down on dagger/pistol and to a lesser extend sword/pistol.

It makes no sense. Thieve’s don’t have the same kitten nal as warrior or guardian. Their limited amount of weapons usually means they have become proficient in each one.
Shadow shot gap closer, interrupt on demand, smoke field when needed, leap finisher and a weapon that can double strike…what’s not to like? I don’t think ‘good’ thieves ‘hate’ dagger/pistol at all…they just hate players who spam the hell of it and play sloppy. The same can be said for any player who mains a profession..they don’t care for the bandwagoners who flood a profession out and get it nerfed by rolling builds that people will complain about because of how much it is over represented.

The last match I played had 4 engineers all with sneak gyro..only one was experienced, the other 3 still learning the profession. I bet ya the experienced engi has getting annoyed at how much the other 3 spammed sneak ruining point contributions every where.

My bad, I’ll be more clear. We hate our entire class mechanic, traits, and utility system being predicated by the balance of a singular weapon, in this instance to hereby be named and known as dagger/pistol or “D/P, D/p, d/p, d/p” for short. Would you like me to elaborate, or would you like to go to the Thief forums and check out the we hate d/p thread. Its rather massive.

No more fun fights

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

For me its more fun than before at the moment.