No more spvp balance?

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: States.6387

States.6387

What happened to the balanced teams in spvp?
I just que’d for an unranked match and got put against a team with two mesmers on it.

Last time i was playing gw2 the que’d matches never had double classes.

So wth is this?
Did i have some outstanding luck to never run into this when i was playing before?
Or did Anet remove the team balance in spvp?

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

It has always been like this.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Double and even triple classes have been always usual on any match

M I L K B O I S

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

States.6387

And just for clarity this is common through the que’d matches?
Because i know joining matches through the game browser its common to see multiple same classes.
The que’d matches, which are different from the game browser matches, i’ve never experienced which means i must have been very lucky with every que.

But if this is something that can happen through que’d matchmaking; has anyone brought this up to Anet about it being a huge balance issue?

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Chicho Gosho.6507

I’ve seen 2 or 3 of the same class in ranked/unranked since the beginning. It was pretty common before when there was a daily to win with a certain class.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I just que’d for an unranked match and got put against a team with two mesmers on it.

So wth is this?
Did i have some outstanding luck to never run into this when i was playing before?

Some classes are stronger while other are weaker. This leads to deviation in numbers of players playing class X and make it impossible to balance, because if you got 20 Mesmers : 30 others players queing at same time you can’t avoid this.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

And just for clarity this is common through the que’d matches?
Because i know joining matches through the game browser its common to see multiple same classes.
The que’d matches, which are different from the game browser matches, i’ve never experienced which means i must have been very lucky with every que.

But if this is something that can happen through que’d matchmaking; has anyone brought this up to Anet about it being a huge balance issue?

80% of times you see a double profession in your team, and I only play queue, so…

EDIT: All in all, I cant see the balance issue, even more when you can just switch professions if needed…

M I L K B O I S

(edited by Krysard.1364)

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

it’s because of the introduction of pvp profession dailies AND the new patch.

Thief or Mesmer: more mesmer
Warrior or Necromancer: more necro
Engineer or Ranger: more engi

This leads to prof unbalancing.

You get my point I hope…

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

States.6387

So wth is this?

Some classes are stronger while other are weaker. This leads to deviation in numbers of players playing class X and make it impossible to balance, because if you got 20 Mesmers : 30 others players queing at same time you can’t avoid this.

The amount of players does not affect the way teams should be balanced though. If there is 30+ mesmers and only 15 of each other class then the mesmers should have to wait longer to join through que’s. Allowing multiple same classes in spvp really screws with the balance.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

This doesnt have nothing to do with balance issues, even before pre-patch, when mesmers were classified as kitten (still feeling they were the same than now, but with less dmg), you could see double mesmer in your team…

M I L K B O I S

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

So wth is this?

The amount of players does not affect the way teams should be balanced though. If there is 30+ mesmers and only 15 of each other class then the mesmers should have to wait longer to join through que’s. Allowing multiple same classes in spvp really screws with the balance.

Why it screws balance?

M I L K B O I S

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Morwath.9817

So wth is this?

Why it screws balance?

Because as said before, some professions are stronger, while some are weaker. Also some professions perform better when you stack them, while other doesn’t bring much when you stack them, so it can screw entire Match.

Imho it would be better if they wouldn’t allow profession stacking (so only 1 of each profession max) in sPvP. Also it would help with keeping competitive enviroment more healthy if teams couldn’t stack FOTMs ;-)

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

So wth is this?

Why it screws balance?

Because as said before, some professions are stronger, while some are weaker. Also some professions perform better when you stack them, while other doesn’t bring much when you stack them, so it can screw entire Match.

Imho it would be better if they wouldn’t allow profession stacking (so only 1 of each class max) in sPvP. Also it would help with keeping competitive enviroment more healthy if teams couldn’t stack FOTMs ;-)

And also as you have said before, some professions perform better when stacked, so I dunno why you cannot stack them… And, lets say, why you cannot run a DPS guard and bunker guard? The problem is about stacking builds, not professions

M I L K B O I S

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

States.6387

So wth is this?

Why it screws balance?

Some abilities are not balanced for stacking in spvp. The double mesmers for example had an unstoppable focus fire, not only were there upteen million f’ing illusions all over 1 person at a time (which is more of a huge annoyance than an issue), they double moa’d, and had a perma cc chain going. Even with stun breaks there was no way to do anything against them. Double classes are sometimes an easy way to make fights a 4 v 5 real quick

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

So wth is this?

Why it screws balance?

Some abilities are not balanced for stacking in spvp. The double mesmers for example had an unstoppable focus fire, not only were there upteen million kitten illusions all over 1 person at a time (which is more of a huge annoyance than an issue), they double moa’d, and had a perma cc chain going. Even with stun breaks there was no way to do anything against them. Double classes are sometimes an easy way to make fights a 4 v 5 real quick

Dual thieves have an unstoppable focus fire, and running double thief is the only double prof that ppl consider being bad in a match

M I L K B O I S

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Morwath.9817

And also as you have said before, some professions perform better when stacked, so I dunno why you cannot stack them… And, lets say, why you cannot run a DPS guard and bunker guard? The problem is about stacking builds, not professions

Because otherwise you’ve no reason to bring weaker classes, since e.g. Guardian will outperform Ranger in: holding point while being able to support in TFs (Bunker), +1 (Medi Guard), so maybe some condi spam vs team with low cleanses (Burn Guardian)?

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s just a lot worse than before since the condi+burst update. Until Anet rebalance the game there is nothing we can do but play this or take a break.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Chicho Gosho.6507

It’s just a lot worse than before since the condi+burst update. Until Anet rebalance the game there is nothing we can do but play this or take a break.

It is just different. There are some things that need changes but over all the game is better right now(personal opinion) because the bunker/celestial meta was SO boring. BUT OP was not talking about skill balance, he was talking about class stacking which is different.
Almost every class can play a different role so it is nearly impossible to differentiate them before entering a match just based on class.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

States.6387

It is just different. There are some things that need changes but over all the game is better right now(personal opinion) because the bunker/celestial meta was SO boring. BUT OP was not talking about skill balance, he was talking about class stacking which is different.
Almost every class can play a different role so it is nearly impossible to differentiate them before entering a match just based on class.

There isnt really any roles in this game which is why the issue with stacking classes doesnt come from how they trait themselves. The issue is about the abilities characters possess and how it affects the balance when you can stack them.

You have to remember that everyone is allowed to change their traits / gear / everything on them before a match starts. This means that nothing matters except for the classes put on the teams before the match starts. So it wouldnt be difficult or impossible to remove the ability to stack classes.

No more spvp balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So wth is this?

Heh

I wish I got qued with 2 mesmers, usually I get qued with 2 rangers which becomes an auto loss. Anytime I get qued up with 2 necros, which happens to me quite a bit, I jump for joy.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF