No reason for me to keep doing pvp...

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Almost done Dungeneer Achievement and I don’t see much reason to stick around. (that and no more monthly pvp)

After trying to do thief class daily for over an hour, and acquired a hefty 11+ loss streak the fun is pretty much over. Only to get worse as I do the Necro daily which I have no clue in playing.

Granted it’s great when solo queue is working and I get a nice balanced match. But that’s few and far between (the worst was 20+ losses in a row). That and poor sportsmanship among players doesn’t interest me to get into this community.

There are a few noble souls that paint a optimistic outlook over my head, but those are few also.

GLHF as I run back to the safety of pve.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Hi rwolf, thanks for sharing.

What you said prompted me to look into your record. You’re currently running 35w/32l for the ranked arena, and 131w/141l in unranked, both of which are healthy w/l ratios.

Was it thief in particular that you were having difficulty with? Maybe someone here can share some tips for others having trouble with the profession.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

unless someone can teach him how to hack the game there is nothing anyone can do about the thief class, at this point it is as good as a punch bag in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

Winning more than half your games is great for a beginner.

Just keep practicing and check out the metabattle website if you want to find out about the top builds and how to use them.

Fairy Tael – Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I had the same issues playing on my thief today…but I know that while some of the matches I got tonight were abysmal, I know that it’s due in part that I’m terrible on thief. One of my matches was a 4v5…another a teammate sat at spawn for a good while…not all my fault, but still some of my fault. I just keep trucking along and I’ll eventually get better at thief.

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Thief is my least played character. And I’m pretty much a punch bag in unranked. After a few loss I went to practice arena to get the daily.

Hope it get better when they include class MMR.

in PvP

rwolf.9571

@ Tael, I’m not quite a beginner, but the losing sure makes me a feel like a noob that my team mates get angry at me at.

(I haven’t played ranked awhile, sticking to unranked)

that ratio doesn’t seem healthy to me personally. I’ve been playing classes I’m familar after I’ve finished my daily today, and ended up in another hard long losing streak. In my mind i’m winning 1 out of every 10 games at this point.

I’d be satisfied if I broke even. But currently I’m 15 games behind that. And on a losing session, that gap just gets bigger. I’m nearing my 1000 game mark, and all I can say is ugh..

I’ve gone surrender monkey at this point. I’ve accepted my losing fate.

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Who the kitten cares for daily class achive! That is the most stupid thing they brought in pvp because it brings bunch o ppl who don’t know to play certain class in team with ppl who just want to pvp and do their best with class they know and play always ,it is big problem because a lot you go in ranked and try to daily crap and ruin experience for all…..

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

yeah… that actually a good w/l ratio. Thief can be very frustrating. You have a niche roll.. run rotate and cap points. Don’t fight 1v1 unless thief of mes. Or if your running a cheese build for duels then 1v1 but you will cripple your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

unless someone can teach him how to hack the game there is nothing anyone can do about the thief class, at this point it is as good as a punch bag in pvp

Are you playing a different Guild Wars 2 to the rest of us? Evasion Thieves are amazing and comfortably demolish most classes 1 on 1. Longbow Rangers, Mesmers, Guardians and Necromancers. Hardly struggling…

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

good thieves are very few, even in the higher brackets. but when mastered they are a force. for example, a mastered s/d thief is the best 1v1 and nearly-immortal spec. but it’s very hard to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

Maybe Anet should integrate into their mmr the apm (how fast you can useskills) of the player and I am not sure but there are gaming devices out there with them you can hit more than 3 skills at once which is not possible normally no idea if they can check which hardware is used

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

its just almost impossible to play pvp atm , its just luck if you win or lose almost , last 2 games had an ele going far he was there for 1 minute at least , ofc we lost mid because we had less players at mid even tho the guy at close rotate mid, we told him why you went far if u cant get it in under a a minute ?
He said he would get it but some one came from mid, then he just afk .
we reported him for boting .
Next game i get the same player ( i just left the game )
how many players are there pvping 50 ? 60? 100?
why i get players that come all the way from bas to stand /help me capp an empty node.
why i get players dying to svanir ?
why there is such a big diferent in players in a game?
I dont think pvp its improving at all , the only and i mean the only thing i see better is less 4vs 5 .

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

If you play thief from relatively early in your PvP experience onward, you will get blamed for a lot until you’re higher. There’s no avoiding it. You’re a roamer; you don’t fight well on points and you’re always running around the map. Other players at that level will see that as unproductive and won’t see value in what you’re doing. I actually miss the days I got blamed for doing my job, because it meant my team mates had some idea of how to to play the game mode. Now, whenever I pug I get people who are running bunker builds and roaming, roamer builds and sitting on points, and I find myself as a thief trying to pick up their slack, making me inefficiently try to defend points while they buzz around the enemy like nothing more than flies.

As for the PvP dailies... You won’t get sympathy for playing a class you don’t know well in an attempt to farm some achievement points and losing. That’s part of the learning experience, and you won’t get anywhere if once the daily changes you swap to another class you don’t know. Those new dailies are so flawed. I get the purpose of them - to encourage people to try new classes and maybe get them to find something they like more and are better at so they’ll stick with it and be a PvP regular - but the only people that will let that dictate what they play over what they want to are those that care for achievement points, and they’ll only create bad games with their inexperience since people don’t go to hotjoin and unranked to learn - they jump right in to ranked. Then the next day they’ve forgotten the class as the new daily comes out. So advice? Disregard the daily, try all the classes, find the one you want to work with (one at a time) and learn it.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in PvP

rwolf.9571

So advice? Disregard the daily, try all the classes, find the one you want to work with (one at a time) and learn it.

Problem is. I play a class I like anyway, and losing alot (currently down 21 losses) so might as well do the class daily for the reward boost for the off chance I win. I’m constantly getting smashed by dragon ranked guys when i’m still lvl 50 somthing.

in PvP

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

either there are no players in your rank or you are so much better than newcomers who just got in the game

in PvP

Posted by: RockSteady.7123

RockSteady.7123

The daily achievement farmers you see in PvP are the devs’ way to introduce more casuals into the PvP community. You can’t deny that the success of a game is directly related to a healthy “pro” scene and a healthy “casual” scene. I think what Anet did with the dailies was a good move, but what I don’t agree with is that they allow these farmers to play in ranked queue – something that should have been solved given class-based MMR. But given that matchmaking is still shoddy they should restrict low-MMR players to practice mode while they tweak their matchmaking system.

That said Anet should definitely push for more incentives for casuals to get involved with PvP.
- a temporary MF/Karma boost
- small boost to PvE XP gain
- achievement points for watching PvP events
- more titles (difficulty or grind on par with the PvE ones)
- MORE SKINS!

The list could go on. Anet should definitely continue on the path they’re headed and should experiment more with incentives.

There’s nothing wrong with seeing completely new players in PvP. They’re increasing our numbers. That’s a good thing. So next time you all see a scrub dying to Svanir or capping a point with you, be grateful that he’s taking the time from farming for his 10th legendary to try PvP out.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Tip: I would suggest to learn about meta builds, then try them out. Main issue with “new” people to PvP is fact they try to achieve something with PvE builds which are horrible and bring nothing to Conquest matches. Also try to study your weakness and learn which scenarios you should avoid with certain classes, e.g. your team will be mad if you will assault far defended by turret engi all the time while failing with it (you should just let him afk there or zerg him down with numbers).

Sometimes even if you like class X, you will perform badly with it due to random compositions while playing solo. E.g. whenever I want to play Power Necro I end up in team with squishes and nobody is able to initiate team fights, stomp etc… so I’ve lately switched to Bunker Guard due to low amount of Warriors/Guardians in que and win ratio with it in last ~20 matches is like ~80%. It’s often good to be adaptive and pick roles your team is lacking in most matches than forcing your ‘own’ preferences every match.

Also losing a match and learn something from it isn’t bad thing. I don’t mid losing 500:>300 etc. Problem is when matchmaking gives you matches you can’t win and your team end losing 500:<300 over and over.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Hi rwolf, thanks for sharing.

What you said prompted me to look into your record. You’re currently running 35w/32l for the ranked arena, and 131w/141l in unranked, both of which are healthy w/l ratios.

Was it thief in particular that you were having difficulty with? Maybe someone here can share some tips for others having trouble with the profession.

Ever had an idea that people maybe don’t want to play particular classes nor will be good at it no matter what…? Especially if their mmr is actually relative high due to how well they play their main class?

Tip: I would suggest to learn about meta builds, then try them out. Main issue with “new” people to PvP is fact they try to achieve something with PvE builds which are horrible and bring nothing to Conquest matches. Also try to study your weakness and learn which scenarios you should avoid with certain classes, e.g. your team will be mad if you will assault far defended by turret engi all the time while failing with it (you should just let him afk there or zerg him down with numbers).

Except thief is not something like ele or engi where you can respec into meta build, roll your face on keyboard and collect points. Yeah, let’s force people to invest hundrets or hours into class that don’t want to play to be able to finish daily………… not to mention, they won’t be able to carry game due to class imbalance/game mechanics.

Prime example: i would consider my mmr relative high since i am facing top 10 all the time. Would i actually do daily and switch to classes i don’t perform well i probably would never be able to win any matches because i would have to rely on my team to do amazingly well and carry me. Why not rename daily into “carry me daily”?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

u need to start playing some zerker classes, and realise your role in a team as a zerker.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

u need to start playing some zerker classes, and realise your role in a team as a zerker.

and then enemy team has zerker thief like me that farms you all day no matter how much you learn your “zerker” role~

class daily is just wrong, idk what was so bad about old dailies

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

There’s nothing wrong with the class dailies… Sure it forces players to play classes they’re not used to. But you can only improve your own game by knowing what your enemy will do, and you only accomplish that by playing the enemy’s class. If that was necessary, say because you know what they do, then you shouldn’t have a problem with these dailies because you’d be knowing how to play em anyway.
But noone is that good, there’s always something you’ll find out by playing the other side, weaknesses they won’t show, weaknesses you hadn’t figured yet, things your enemies have done wrong.

The only issue is the class spam , but that fixes itself within hours. If you hate that, simple solution, do your dailies when you return from school/work the evening after, by then most will have done dailies and returned to their more accustomed class.

The fact a lot of PVE’rs are drawn to PVP for the dailies is certainly annoying, cause you often find imbalanced games after midnight. This isn’t entirely due to these class dailies. The problem is the rewards in dailies.

PvP dailies are always a guaranteed 3/40 of a reward track by themselves, ignore the 2/40 of winning 2 games (unless you hotjoin). Due to this the reward of the pvp dailies is a lot better than all the others. The only ones that can compete are the fractal ones and the world boss one. Problem is there’s a max of 2 frac ones and only 1 world boss one, in extreme rare cases you might complete completioner with just rewarding pve dailies. Hence they come to pvp for “easy” reward dailies. Aside of the class wins they’re done within 1 game.

Want pve’rs out of pvp, easiest solution is up the pve daily and wvw daily rewards. So they’re worth pretty much equal to what the pvp dailies render.

in PvP

Posted by: Somnium Luna.6294

Somnium Luna.6294

You do realise that thief has high skill cap. You need to be really familiar with how pvp is working to be able to contribute to team as a thief. Thief is hard to play. And if you lose 10 in a row, maybe it’s not game fault. Check with yourself if you are doing well. If not, just pick some other class, practice a bit and it will be good. Read some forums, try different builds and you will get good pretty son.
Mm is working pretty well for me. Although I must agree with people saying that daily pvp is ruining it. There is a lot of random clueless people in ranked games who are there for daily only. They ruin experience a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

well blame the idiots who do it in ranked though… If one is unfamiliar with a class they should be doing the dailies in unranked. That a lot are clueless is obvious, often you see players who don’t get the role their class have (guardians roaming as snails instead of defending spots – thieves/dd eles that join in massive team fights while the enemy’s home base is unprotected)

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

This is why I said screw pvp and started WvW roaming. Unless you have a solid guild to do pvp with, it’s just not worth it. (And I hate doing pvp with people. Mostly because they burn my ears off with swear words.)

So I went to places where I can do what I wanna do and not worry about all the raging nerds mad at me for running anything but meta. Join me! It’s your destiny! (I am your father!)

Enough with the corny jokes but seriously. We should roam some time! Even if we aren’t same server, Eotm can have legit roaming at times.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

That said Anet should definitely push for more incentives for casuals to get involved with PvP.
- a temporary MF/Karma boost
- small boost to PvE XP gain
- achievement points for watching PvP events
- more titles (difficulty or grind on par with the PvE ones)
- MORE SKINS!

The list could go on. Anet should definitely continue on the path they’re headed and should experiment more with incentives.

At the top of that list should be more deathmatch maps. Conquest mode is sh__ and not fun. Deathmatch is a little bit better. I’m a pure PVE’r and I don’t enjoy PVP. None of that you listed is going to get people that I know into PVP… Then again I’m PVP’ing at the moment for the glorious armor set since it is only one of two medium armors that aren’t ___king dresses on males. Once I get it it’ll be a LONG time, if ever, before I PVP again. No reason to come over even for the dailies.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Ever had an idea that people maybe don’t want to play particular classes nor will be good at it no matter what…? Especially if their mmr is actually relative high due to how well they play their main class?

Yes, we are aware of this. This is why the server supports blending in a profession specific MMR. It’s currently disabled because we want to give those profession specific MMRs time to settle. We’ll likely enable them after this test season.

It’s true some people just don’t like a certain profession, or their play style doesn’t fit well with it. It’s also true that some people try a new profession and find they like it more and have an easier time with it.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

My guess is this “test ladder” season, on Anet’s side, includes a data-gathering aspect. For some of the data pieces needing to be gathered it is required or at least helpful for more players to play a bigger variety of classes, hence the daily incentive to do so. Having it so not everyone had the same class daily on the same day would fix the issue it is creating of too many of those classes playing at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

You brought cash money in,made all those changes and you failed to bring more ppl play PVP just admit and give us new game mode!

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Yes, we are aware of this. This is why the server supports blending in a profession specific MMR. It’s currently disabled because we want to give those profession specific MMRs time to settle. We’ll likely enable them after this test season.

It’s true some people just don’t like a certain profession, or their play style doesn’t fit well with it. It’s also true that some people try a new profession and find they like it more and have an easier time with it.

You guys will probably want to do additional test seasons, to see if these changes are going to work out.

I’ve seen several posts about changes that will be made to improve quality after the test season, and I’m not sure how you’ll be able to test these without more test seasons since the changes aren’t getting push during this season.

This may neither be here nor there, but I’ve been finding it hard to want to play in this new matchmaking system. I’d honestly rather just play in custom arena with people I know are good players, because I feel like I can actually learn something in that environment. I just am not enjoying matches enough in ranked or unranked.

I don’t know if the new systems in PvP are better overall, but their impact on me has largely been negative compared to the old system. One thing that I think would help is to give parties a flag they can trigger to only allow matches involving a party of equal size. This may not help duo’s very much, but it should help soloer’s and 4/5 man groups a lot, and will definitely extend queue times for those that use the flag, hopefully it doesn’t extend the queue times too much for the player base at large. However, that said even it does raise queue times, it’d probably be good metrics for you to see if players are more inclined to use that feature or not, since you could gather metrics on whether people are using such a feature.

I think the biggest issue I have is match quality, and I’m not okay with the frequency at which I get bad matches. Whether the numbers say it’s the same, worse or better as the old system, I feel like it’s too frequent of a happening for me and not worth the new matchmaking at this point.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Thiefs are underpowerd to the better melee forces guard (in lesser extend) but mostly warrior, and D/D ele (pvt or celestial for thief just as threatening, but overall celestial ele better). My pvx main is Thief, i do anything I can on it and love the profession atm (But i played lots of hours on other profs too, Ele/engie still ahead of thief for instance in playtime). Thing is pvp (anything but hotjoin, thus (un)ranked), thief is by far underpowered. It’s only works if your enemy team by some lucky charm has power necro, and ranger at same time. Cause those are targets a thief can handle. Or bad warrior. But those are getting rare by the day since warrior is so meta’ish. Any 2 vs 2 or higher will be nearly impossible for thief, as long as aoe spam is included within that fight. Be it ele, hammer/bow warrior etc, if there’s even remotely some decent aoe spam, with decent players behind it, then stop bothering. Thief cant win, unless he’s carried by a teamspeak guardian who knows when to use protection on the thief etc. With teamspeak, people who know each other well, thief might work. Any other instance, no-go. And almost never play teamspeak pvp.

Thief + being a pvp loner = no go. Justin O’dell may think what he wants. The prof has been overnerfed in pvp. They went a step to far. They forgot higher base armor+hp, + passive nature of warrior/ele/guard heals really has it’s advantage sometimes, and now that even thiefs best burst skills are mediocre (warrior barely worse burst skills, but much more tanky), this passive unbalance is taking a gap in the possibilities for playing pvp with a thief.

Fyi, i’m rolling celestial ele, because of the frustration above. Do i like it? partially yes cause ele is one of my favo profs. But ele is not my main atm, and i feel like a bandwagoner… In that way Anet kinda choice the prof for me how to play pvp, and ‘play what you want’ got screwed.

For a thief, you need 4 meta profs (engie, ele, warrior, guard) to stand a good chance. As one of those 4 profs, you got one ‘joker’ position on team, that can handle one of the ‘fewer’ profs, to still have an upper hand. Wich basically mean, a non meta prof has higher chance to loose match since it has higher chance to end up with 2+ profession that are not of the ‘meta of 4’. And justin o’dell is not gonna believe it. He rather looks up metrics, but this are the facts. Metrics cannot tell Justin that i play ele over thief because of this. For him it will look like ele is now my first choice. And it isn’t. Metrics don’t tell the whole truth. They fake another reality to reality in some devs eyes. And this is a bad philosophy change.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in PvP

Posted by: SilverDragon.3912

SilverDragon.3912

Granted I am still new to pvp (however I don’t play thief, I play everything else). I was in the same predicament you were. However I finally figured out how to position myself, and how to prioritize my targets. And honestly I think that is half the battle in pvp. My winrate has started to go up since then. However knowing your class and at least a little about the other classes will go a long way in helping you improve. Just keep practicing and you will eventually get it.

in PvP

Michael.9517

good thieves are very few, even in the higher brackets. but when mastered they are a force. for example, a mastered s/d thief is the best 1v1 and nearly-immortal spec. but it’s very hard to play.

a mastered s/d theif is the best 1v1? lmao. no. What kind of players have you played. Thief is perhaps the worst 1v1 class overall.

also, anyone who thinks thief counters ranger… it does not. it is not a hard counter to ranger. Its a soft counter at best in team situations…. 1v1 duel power ranger team build should beat thief team build, although d/p thief is better vs ranger, its still one sided. If i can get on a power ranger for the first and dominate thieves who have been playing for a while and considered good thieves… then thief does not counter ranger.

(edited by Michael.9517)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

a mastered s/d theif is the best 1v1? lmao. no. What kind of players have you played. Thief is perhaps the worst 1v1 class overall.

also, anyone who thinks thief counters ranger… it does not. it is not a hard counter to ranger. Its a soft counter at best in team situations…. 1v1 duel power ranger team build should beat thief team build, although d/p thief is better vs ranger, its still one sided. If i can get on a power ranger for the first and dominate thieves who have been playing for a while and considered good thieves… then thief does not counter ranger.

actually d/p has relatively easy time vs power ranger (given no spells bug out)
condi ranger is different thing however~

btw i main dp thief

All is Vain~

in PvP

Michael.9517

btw i main dp thief

in team match… yes d/p has a much easier time considering that ranger probably blew a couple of his powerful bow skill already… but 1v1 match…. power ranger> thief… especially s/d but also d/p, but d/p does stand a better chance. The only reason you think this is because you probably have never dueled a decent power ranger.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

d/p played well the ranger will not have his CDs ready and will not see it coming.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

btw i main dp thief

in team match… yes d/p has a much easier time considering that ranger probably blew a couple of his powerful bow skill already… but 1v1 match…. power ranger> thief… especially s/d but also d/p, but d/p does stand a better chance. The only reason you think this is because you probably have never dueled a decent power ranger.

ummm. i 1v1 plenty of rangers… only reason i ever die to them is either because of teleport bug or i had no cds from previous fights….
rapid fire can be stopped by daze, stab stripped, invul waited out in stealth, roots dodged, knockback blinded~

All is Vain~

in PvP

Michael.9517

btw i main dp thief

ummm. i 1v1 plenty of rangers… only reason i ever die to them is either because of teleport bug or i had no cds from previous fights….
rapid fire can be stopped by daze, stab stripped, invul waited out in stealth, roots dodged, knockback blinded~

I want to duel you on my ranger that ive played like 5 times as power
If you beat me, then I want you to duel my friend who has played power ranger more.
He beats me 9/10 when i’m on my s/d theif.

d/p has easier time yes… blinds make it so, I agree. When I run d/p thief I beat my friend 50%. But to say thief counters ranger is not true at all.

in PvP

Michael.9517

d/p played well the ranger will not have his CDs ready and will not see it coming.

who runs d/d in pvp? Im mainly just talking about meta vs meta builds or slight variation to the meta builds.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

btw i main dp thief

If you beat me, then I want you to duel my friend who has played power ranger more.

d/p has easier time yes… blinds make it so, I agree. When I run d/p thief I beat my friend 50%. But to say thief counters ranger is not true at all.

1. i am on eu
2. and dueling would prove what exatly? That i may be better or worse player than you and your friend. I am by all means not best d/p thief out there, besides it wouldn’t change the fact that pvp in this game is team based and in team fights thieves will just feed on rangers.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Michael.9517

btw i main dp thief

1. i am on eu
2. and dueling would prove what exatly? That i may be better or worse player than you and your friend. I am by all means not best d/p thief out there, besides it wouldn’t change the fact that pvp in this game is team based and in team fights thieves will just feed on rangers.

dueling proves… that thief is not a hard counter to ranger. Thats what i’m trying to say. I’m not saying a thief can’t kill a ranger, or that in team fights ranger starts to lag because of how non-mobile it is(as it does)… the point i’m trying to make is that thief is not a hard counter to ranger. A soft counter in team fights maybe. but not a hard counter. A hard counter will beat its counterpart in a duel easily. Not so with thief vs ranger. that is all i’m trying to say.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

who runs d/d in pvp? Im mainly just talking about meta vs meta builds or slight variation to the meta builds.

nobody runs d/d. i said d/p

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

That and poor sportsmanship among players doesn’t interest me to get into this community.

There are a few noble souls that paint a optimistic outlook over my head, but those are few also.

GLHF as I run back to the safety of pve.

You sound like a poor sportsman but a very passive aggressive one.

Maybe you’re not that great of a thief which is fine if you want some pointers I can help. Or it could be you just had a bad luck streak with your team. It happens. But if you think there is no reason to continue playing keep it to yourself there doesn’t seem to be anything productive for the community in making this thread.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

@ OP “Welcome to the internet”.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Thief daily is why I quit ranked… absolutely painful playing alongside people who have it as an alt and don’t know how to pvp with it. It’s worse than 4v5 as they give rallies and kill points constantly while achieving nothing.

in PvP

rwolf.9571

“I used to be a pvp warrior like you, till I took matchmaking que to the Knee”

Took a day off to see if that would help… Nope! I’m now down to 30 losses from my usual “breaking even”

I’ve seem to hit a proverbial “brick wall of pvp” “Go Directly to Jail, Do not Pass go, Do not collect your pvp points” I’ve forgotten what winning was like, and just grinding the 500 loss points (unless it courtyard, and the game is a complete wash)

I don’t know what I did, but I’ve broken matchmaking or something…

I played against a anet tag, asked if they’re fixing matchmaking, he said no…

I’d gladly QQ at this point, but I have 1 1/2 reward tracks to go…

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Heh, if Justin’s info is accurate, you’re doing WAY better than me, OP. My win/loss ratio is something like 1:2.5. That’s how I know that I’m really not good enough to be in Unranked (unless I just had terrible matchmaking luck); I only went with Unranked because I needed to grind the Wintersday Reward Track multiple times for the Rime Rebreather before Wintersday was over.

in PvP

rwolf.9571

You sound like a poor sportsman but a very passive aggressive one.

When people are calling you crap, loser, you suck, how am I suppose to feel. I know it’s just a game but it’s hard for some people to brush it off. And it’s completely different from the friendly atmosphere of pve.

I keep to myself when I’m pvp’ing, I’m not barking orders, or directing other people’s play style. But there it is, other people trash talking and picking on others.
I suppose it’s the nature of a competitive game mode, so what can you do.

All I can do is sigh, and move onto the next match.

The feeling that pvp matchmaking que:

-Is broken
-punishes if your not meta
-punishes you if your new or casual

in PvP

rwolf.9571

Heh, if Justin’s info is accurate, you’re doing WAY better than me, OP. My win/loss ratio is something like 1:2.5. That’s how I know that I’m really not good enough to be in Unranked (unless I just had terrible matchmaking luck); I only went with Unranked because I needed to grind the Wintersday Reward Track multiple times for the Rime Rebreather before Wintersday was over.

Actually that better than me atm. I think I’ve won 3 games out the past 10-12 I’ve done today.