No title this season?

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I cannot find any title in the achievement tab for this season. Oversight or intended?

And Illustrious Legend did not get moved to historical achievements.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

People are also saying that their Illustrious got progressed if they didn’t achieve it last season, guessing they screwed up pretty nicely, and forgot to add it back in, so division crossing now gives you last season’s.

No title this season?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

People are also saying that their Illustrious got progressed if they didn’t achieve it last season, guessing they screwed up pretty nicely, and forgot to add it back in, so division crossing now gives you last season’s.

Makes sense that it progresses, it works the same way as the year of ascension achievements. So progressing divisions this season will progress the achievement unless anet deactivates it and puts it to historical

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Buster.6137

Buster.6137

Makes sense that it progresses, it works the same way as the year of ascension achievements. So progressing divisions this season will progress the achievement unless anet deactivates it and puts it to historical

It doesn’t make sense though. The achievement is for making it to legendary in the current season, not crossing x amount of divisions regardless of seasons.

No title this season?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

It makes sense that it still progresses because Anet simply programmed it to advance on division changes.
It makes no sense that Anet did not replace it. That is what I meant

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Buster.6137

Buster.6137

Ah I understand what you mean. What I don’t understand is how they forgot this to begin with.

No title this season?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

There are so many things anet only thinks half way through, I am not suprised by anyhting anymore.
Most if not all of Anets employes only play this game casually, so I am not suprised many things go wrong. They need to hire some hardcore players for the game design.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

so i was looking at the competitive achievements, and didn’t find a new title for reaching legendary division for Season 4….i’m no esports, i’ve played a little over 4k+ pvp games since the game came out, got to legendary division every season at 90+% Solo Queue….

yes i don’t always have pvp friends who are ready to queue when i’m on, more like i almost never do…

So, was this forgotten by the devs? or was it intended to see how many people will bother going legendary w/o an achivement? PVP only players won’t care either way, but PVX players like myself who try to play all facets of the game(except raid cuz, ain’t nobody got time for that), so as not to get bored of the game….might think twice, and do something better with our time.

anyway, thoughts?

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

No title this season?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Anet can you answer if this season will get a title or not? I need to decide if I want to grind out this pathetically bad season or not.

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Legendary farmer

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

If anything tells you how seriously Anet pays attention to PvP (or lack thereof), this should say it all. They didn’t even update the title.

Combined with their decision to just say “screw it” with matchmaking and go back to what they failed with in Season 1…should say it all.

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

If anything tells you how seriously Anet pays attention to PvP (or lack thereof), this should say it all. They didn’t even update the title.

Combined with their decision to just say “screw it” with matchmaking and go back to what they failed with in Season 1…should say it all.

This is how I feel too. But this matchmaking feels like more like season 2 and 3 with blowouts almost every game. Only two games so far have been close for me. And my losing streak is already greater than last season. I’m rusty, but I reached Legendary last season and since then, have been getting bad teams against better teams. This tells me that either things are working as intended and not reseting MMR has kittened things up, or their intended even games aren’t actually happening because of a bug. I think it’s the first one, and the previous seasons have kittened up MMR too much across the board, making a wide range of skills at each level of MMR.

If they just reset MMR, I could at least drop with the rest of the bads that drag me down (or I drag down because of my rustiness), and the better players gain higher MMR and I no longer have to fight them all the time. But if my MMR lowers, currently, I end up fighting higher skilled enemies with a lower MMR than what I was earlier.

I need to stop getting my hopes up that Anet will ever do something right. Balance is ungodly awful too now. Last season was actually better with the tanky Tempests. Now it’s tanky DHs, and the nerf to damage reduction skills (Rise, Phantasmal Defender, etc.) has boosted up power damage, while they leave condi damage as is.

I have to admit though, the game does feel more skilled though. It could be one reason I’m rusty. I need to boost up my skill.

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Yes no new title which depressed the likes of me, didn’t grind and farm my way up to get those previous one cos i don’t have the time to do so and then the moment they say it will be some kind of prestige stuff, i knew i’m doomed, thought they’ll save the most prestigious title on this current season that is why i canceled all my plan just for this sole reason. Anet you never care nor love your casual player, never.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Animaniacs.5274

Animaniacs.5274

I see myself not going for legendary – just that they say 2 weeks before its over: "And BTW we will roll in the Legendary-Title for this season “soon”!"

No title this season?

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

since the new pvp season is not ending until oct. 3, i wouldn’t bother with ranked until maybe the last 2 weeks or so, or until anet even bothers to address this issue, maybe i’ll play a game or two in ranked a day, but since i am no esports and not trying to be, with no rewards in sight…..i’d keep playing unranked or play pve/wvw.

Truth is, alot of us only play for rewards…..some play for fun, but fun gets lost after a few matches.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes