No will to be better ?

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: Delweyn.1309

Delweyn.1309

When people get disappointed a lot by a big fail, there is 2 attitudes :

1 – Keep a strong will and ameliorate what was done (like FFXIV)

2 – Throw up the hands and don’t want to bring modifications, sulk in a corner and don’t give news.

Ok, Anet, your goal for a competitive pvp failed but does it means that you should be so salty and don’t even want to do the few things that could at least bring new things and fun for players ?

Maybe a duel system, more than 5v5 and other things than conquest ?

But you can continue to flee and put all your efforts for the living story, pve and raids. A shame and a bit pitifull, from my point of view.

The people are doing like you. When it’s seems too hard, they get afk very soon, just after the first fail, lost fight or 50 points late.

(edited by Delweyn.1309)

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Seriously?

We got leagues because people wanted ranked back. When people complained of the matchmaking they made continual changes to try and improve it. When that wasn’t enough they dropped pips for pure glicko so that we could get the skill leaderboards that people demanded so badly. When people complained about decay/volitity exploits they fixed that, when people complained about alt sniping they added the minimum games requirement. When people complained about ascended rewards dragging in the PvE plebs, Anet reworks the rewards.
When people complained of the bunker meta in s1, Anet fixed the bunkers. When people complained of the condi meta in s2, Anet fixed that too. When people complained of lack of diversity Anet rolls out buffs to underused traits and skills every balance patch.

We have a better ranked system than we did a year ago, we have better balance than we did a year ago, and we have better diversity than we had a year ago.

To say that Anet isn’t trying is willful ignorance.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

I have to agree with Crinn. PVP has seen a lot of improvement since way back when. Of course it’s suffered from side-effects of those changes (especially HoT)

Anet have been doing a kitten ton, making the game better and better with every new LW-Episode. I’m sure they are working right now on how to make pvp better. No need to be extra sour about the state of the game at this moment.

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Delweyn.1309

Hoepefully they make few changes about some systems and balances.

But as I said, it’s not a big investment for them. Nothing, like a real will to make the pvp in general better, to be more attractive and fun for more people.

I think they really should rethink the whole thing (build for competitive goal). But it means more investment, something that Anet left because of what I said. It’s not to be sour, it’s a reality.

Is it harder to build a map for 10v10 with simple rules like defend the cristal, or a whole big new map with all new events and all of their living story ?

Their disappointment is so huge that they prefer to forgot completly new things for pvp. A psychological rejection.

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Delweyn.1309

When I remember that people told me that GW was great pvp game…. People will now keep the image of a fail pvp game :/ Sad story.

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

ArenaNet has actually been delivering what the community has asked for.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Delweyn.1309

The community asked 1v1 duel since first day. There were people asking for other things than conquest. Same for other things than 5v5. So no, ur wrong. They focus like crazy on what they thought was the best (5v5 conquest) and time tells us that it was a mistake.

So now, after so much hope put in this for a fail, they gave up.

It’s not the problem to fail. It’s just pitifull to abandon pvp like a a loser :/

(edited by Delweyn.1309)

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

ArenaNet has actually been delivering what the community has asked for.

Exactly. They gave what players asked, and players are still not satisfied although they could know how the result would be. When you’re asking to change skyhammer/khylo/orb running then complain on the bunker meta, it’s hard to consider you seriously anymore

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Delweyn.1309

I think that what they have done for the current unique mode is not so bad (exception for the matchmaking that is just ridiculous). But they have done absolutly nothing to bring new pvp.

The current pvp is just designed for teams only. But most players are solo ppl. So to make pvp more interesting for them they should thing about other modes designed for solo players. But they don’t.

And we all don’t understand why they didn’t put a proper duel system as community asked for it since day 1. A complete mystery.

But I think that they just didn’t care about what community asked for. They just brainlessly focus on their unique 5v5 conquest mode and try to believe on it until the end.

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I like the idea of ranked but it still needs tweaking and class balance introduced with HoT or rather lack of it is what ruined pvp imo.

GW2 could be potentially best MMORPG for pvp out there but they missed the chance by neglecting it for so long in first years. There is also still huge issue with carrots.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Seriously?

We got leagues because people wanted ranked back. When people complained of the matchmaking they made continual changes to try and improve it. When that wasn’t enough they dropped pips for pure glicko so that we could get the skill leaderboards that people demanded so badly. When people complained about decay/volitity exploits they fixed that, when people complained about alt sniping they added the minimum games requirement. When people complained about ascended rewards dragging in the PvE plebs, Anet reworks the rewards.
When people complained of the bunker meta in s1, Anet fixed the bunkers. When people complained of the condi meta in s2, Anet fixed that too. When people complained of lack of diversity Anet rolls out buffs to underused traits and skills every balance patch.

We have a better ranked system than we did a year ago, we have better balance than we did a year ago, and we have better diversity than we had a year ago.

To say that Anet isn’t trying is willful ignorance.

Those same few people did so much complaining that they screwed the game for the rest of us.

I never had issues with bunker meta, a bit of CC always countered the healbots. Never had issues with condi meta because I would stack condi cleanses. In fact, I never had issues with PvP before rating came around, too busy having fun to notice a top 20 player in a Silver game. But they gave us the tools to see how broken matchmaking is and now I rarely touch it, went from 20+ games a day to 1-2 games every 3 days and still declining.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Delweyn.1309

Yes, and your story is the same for more and more players.

As long that they will not separate competite mode with full teams or the current 5v5 conquest mode / and bring new modes for solo ppl, it will continue to be a bad pvp. No one will be satisfied.

It’s maybe time to take good decisions and new cap for pvp, but well … I will not repeat myself.

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cruor.8516

Cruor.8516

I’m feeling it’s getting more worse than better and the population of pvp player is continuously declining so I guess I’m not the only one. I think they should remove MMR system plain and simple as they don’t seem to be able to make it work and get back the first ranked system with the pips and the leagues. No solo/duo-queue only solo or group would be better also…

No will to be better ?

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

1v1 mode in this game would be 90% determined by which builds are used. There’s good reason they haven’t implemented this idea, and I wouldn’t hold out any hope for it.

I really wish I could’ve experienced pvp league a few years ago because conceptually I think what Anet is doing should be good for pvp, but it seems like it’s too little too late. At any point, when I look at the last 10 games played, there’s rarely more than one or two that resulted in 500-350 or closer. I know, I know, people have been complaining about blowouts for a while. But it seems like the overall skill level was much higher in the past, and matchmaking doesn’t appear to deal well with so many inept players. My god, the things I’ve seen this season. Very few people have any idea what they’re trying to accomplish in a match. It makes it really hard most of the time for an individual to have any meaningful impact. The ineptitude of the players and the matchmaking that, it would seem, consistently predetermines the winning team are sucking all the fun out of pvp league.

I wonder if Anet has any clue how terrible the pvp experience as a whole is, or if they simply don’t have any idea what to do about it.